“Great Location for our family trip” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Austintown
Niagara Falls, New York
“Great Location for our family trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Good points for the hotel: Stayed in a double queen suite which was perfect for our family. Couch pulled out for additional room for family members. Room was clean. The breakfast was an excellent value and included in the room price. Hotel supplied a good balance of hot and cold food choices. The hotel is very close to great restaurants and a store.
Negative points were minor. There is one elevator which is incredibly slow. Showed in the web description that there was a hot tub and there is not one anymore.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
FFI35, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Charinfalls,

Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Austintown, OH. We so appreciate hearing the good and the bad! I certainly agree in regards to the hot tub; we were so disappointed to lose that, and I'm sorry if you were anticipating it. We've updated the description. We do have rooms that have a hot tub, and one of them is a suite...Should your travels bring you back our way, please ask about this. If it's available, we may be able to upgrade. :) Thank you again for your comments!

Safe travels to you!

Rachel Miskell, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lawrenceville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed with my parents at this hotel this past weekend to visit my grandparents. The hotel is nice, in a good location just off the interstate, and nearby plenty of food and drink. The rooms are cozy and the bathrooms are spacious.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
FFI35, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Hello Matt B!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. We thrive on feedback, as it tells us what we're doing right, and what we're doing wrong. We are so happy that your stay with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown was enjoyable! :)

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us!

Farmington, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We needed a place to stay on a long trip west and chose this Fairfield Inn. It was clean and the staff were friendly. They gave us a great local recommendation for dinner ( Marino's). Very nice cafe with good food!

Room Tip: Good prices for rooms especially if you are a seniior!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Betty L!

Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and had a great meal at Marino's! We all love Italian food, and we know the best spots! :)

We look forward to your return trip!

Safe Travels to you!

pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

I am traveling past the area and got an amazing deal through a third party website. The price of $100 is extremely reasonable given a weekend and a holiday. This place is not brand new but is maintained very well. I am currently using their wifi in my room and it is very fast and dependable. People complaining of nicks and scratches here and needs to realize this is not brand new and heavily used in most hotels are in worse condition than this. The staff are very friendly and from what I have met. My room, 210 is very comfortable. I have used their fitness center and it is very well stocked and the equipment is very high quality. I like the big screen TV with the additional channels available at most hotels do not have. I think this is a great value for the area and is a sure bet and if I would never come through I would gladly stay here again.

Stayed May 2014
Hello gburn07!

I want to thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Austintown, OH. We absolutely love feedback! I'm glad your stay was so relaxing! :)

Our rates vary by season, and we do run occasional specials. I do recommend always checking Marriott.com before booking reservations. They do have a best rate guarantee, and if you find the specific hotel on a different site for a lower rate, you'll get the lower rate + 25% off! Plus you get the perks of Marriott that typically are not offered when booked via third party.

Again, thanks so much for the feedback, gburn! We look forward to having you stay again!

Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We ended up staying here after another reservation fell through elsewhere and are very glad we did. I would suggest if you need a hotel room in the Austintown, OH area you check in here. The hotel is clean and pretty new with bright colors and modern furniture.

We had a King suite which wasn't huge but worked well. It had a nice size bathroom, a mini-fridge, microwave and one cup coffee maker in the room. The couch was medium to small in size but comfy if you grabbed one of the many bed pillows. There was also a chair and a desk with office chair along with a TV and a stereo system. The bedroom wasn't large but had the king bed, dresser, TV, padded bench and suitcase rack along with a good size closet which contained an iron and board. The rooms are very quiet. It was sold out when we stayed there and we never heard a sound.

The breakfast room was large, bright, and furnished well. Their breakfast selection was very nice although I might pass on the chafing dish items - plenty of other things though including the basic waffle maker, big toaster assortment, hot and cold cereals, beverages, yogurts and fruits. Coffee, decaf, hot chocolate and teas are available all day.

Their drive is a bit odd as to it's location but once you figure it out you are set to go and the parking lot is large and well lit. The front desk staff and maid service were are exceptional.

Room Tip: Three floors and I can't saw that one is better than another.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear RussL,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Austintown, OH. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We absolutely love feedback from our guests, and we're always seeking ways to improve. I hear you with the driveway, but if you go according to the traffic light, it's much better! :)

Batavia, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Our check-in experience was great and very friendly. Chocolate chip cookies awaited. We were given a room based on preferences we had to avoid highway noise. Unfortunately, all king rooms face the highway and all doubles face the rear of the hotel. We finally decided to accept the king on the top floor after having been assured that there had been no traffic noise complaints. The room was average size and pleasantly appointed. It was very clean and welcoming. The next morning's breakfast was the usual hotel fare, nothing special, no meat, but again, all was clean and appetizing. However, the room noise we endured during the night was not from the traffic, though it was audible, but from the old AC/Heat unit under the window! Oh well, we tried. If we stop at this exit again as I expect we will as the location and services here are good, we will likely try another hotel before choosing the Fairfield again.

Room Tip: King rooms face the hotel front while doubles are on the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear BethRose640,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Austintown, Ohio. We thrive on feedback from our guests. I apologize you experienced noise issues. Typically the units are not loud; I wonder if it had an issue. Anytime you're traveling and experience an issue, I'd recommend advising the front desk so they can take care of the situation for you. We will always do our best to go above and beyond to take care of our guests! We want to feel like your home away from home! I hope you'll give us a second chance to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. :)

LUDINGTON, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed at this facility for one night on the way to my destination and return. The front desk staff were very hospitable during the check-in process during my first stay. On my return, I encountered a male associate who found it difficult to stop talking, making it difficult to leave without being rude. On both occasions, I found the room to be in need of additional cleaning - nothing big - dust on shelves and picture frames, small scraps of paper under the desk, etc. The breakfast buffet was very basic. The bed was very comfortable and the area quiet.

Room Tip: As usual, a room at least 6-8 doors down from the elevator helps to cut down on the noise factor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Tina1943,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Austintown, OH. I apologize we fell short of your expectations. We love the feedback, good and bad, as we're always trying to improve. Please be assured that we're taking corrective steps to ensure it doesn't happen again. I certainly recommend that you report any issue during your stay so the hotel can correct it right then for you. Travelers deserve the best, and shouldn't expect less! Again, I so appreciate your feed back. I hope you'll stay with us again if your travels bring you back our way!

Rachel Miskell, General Manager

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown? Share your experiences!