“Good location, quiet & good value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Austintown
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good location, quiet & good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We have stayed here several times and it will continue to be our go-to hotel when visiting our family in the Mineral Ridge/Youngstown area. The hotel is located right off of I-80 and is easy to get on and off the highway. It is set back from the highway so we have never heard any truck or interstate noise, and the hotel itself is very quiet. The breakfast is pretty decent: cereal, oatmeal, waffles and microwave breakfast sandwiches. The rooms are clean but the towels are probably the worst of any hotel where I've stayed. They are basically hand towels made of sand paper. Other than that, we have no complaints and will definitely stay here again. There are several restaurants and a coffee chain right next to the hotel as well.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed here with my 5 year old son for 2 nights on our way to and from an event in central Ohio. The location -- right off of I-80 -- is perfect if you are looking for a place to stay to break up a long trip. The hotel appears to have been remodeled recently, and everything from the rooms to the common areas seemed fresh. The room in which we stayed was well-equipped, with a pull-out sofa bed in a separate seating area with its own TV, mini-fridge and work desk. The indoor pool is rather small, but that did not seem to bother my son. The breakfast buffet had a nice selection of cereals, oatmeal, muffins, bagels, breads, breakfast sandwiches, yogurts fruit and juice. But, as far as my son was concerned, the best part was the make-your-own waffle station. There are many restaurants within a short drive.

I do have one complaint: The A/C unit did not have an option that allowed you to leave the fan running even when the compressor was not. So, the unit would wake me up when it cycled on and off during the night. I ended up leaving it on the fan only mode, which was annoying because the room then got stuffy.

Also, there is a nice patio area with tables and chairs outside of the breakfast room at the back of the building. The first night we were there, a group of guests was sitting out on the patio. Although they were not talking particularly loudly (and though I do not fault them at all for wanting to sit outside and enjoy the evening with their friends), I could hear every word of their conversation from our third floor room if I did not leave the fan on the A/C unit running to drown out the noise. So if you are staying during a season when people are likely to be sitting outside and planning on going to bed early, you should request a room on the front side of the building.

Room Tip: The entrance to the driveway is a bit confusing. It's squeezed in between the Sunoco station an...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
FFI35, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Hello joni960!

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay! We did recently complete a renovation, and we love getting feedback about it! We will soon be making additions to our breakfast bar, to include more hot items. We'd love to see you back if your travels bring you back to the Youngstown area!

Safe traveling!

Center Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I have stayed here many times when driving home from meetings at our Chicago branch and I have never been disappointed. Upgrades come easy here if you are a Platinum rewards member and the service is great. You won't go wrong staying here!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Hello RCRDSR!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We absolutely love feedback from our guests, as it tells us what we're doing right, and what we're doing wrong. And we do absolutely LOVE our platinum guests!

Safe travels to you!

New Haven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We have stayed here many times when we drive out to family in Michigan. It is very convenient to the highway exit and entrance. Many restaurants close by . Hotel is clean and quiet. It has an exercise room and pool. Complimentary breakfast is very good.

Room Tip: Rooms on second and third floors are the most quiet.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hello estravel!

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on Trip Advisor. We absolutely love to hear our guests' experiences! We hope to see you back if your travels bring you back to the Youngstown area!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I really hope this is just a one-time, unfortunate thing and it won't happen again, but I wanted to warn others just in case:

Short version: The Fairfield Inn and Suites in Austintown screwed up my room block, and now several out of town guests don't have any where to stay. The sales manager has not been helpful, and I'm waiting to hear from their corporate office.

Whole story:

We reserved blocks at three hotels since we're expecting many out of town guests for our wedding on 8/20. The Fairfield Inn and Suites in Austintown REALLY screwed up our block. I have a signed contract, yet no rooms. Several people, including three members of our wedding party, a few friends, and even my mother (who was planning on reserving two rooms AND two suites for our family members and for me) have had the same exact issue. They ALL called the week before our block expired on 7/20 and were all told the same thing: our systems are down, we'll take your name and number and call you back. NO one ever called back. They called several more times, same thing. One of my bridesmaids told me this week that she just booked at the Holiday Inn because she's "tired of screwing around with the Fairfield and their games." She called the Holiday Inn in Boardman, explained the situation, and they gladly extended the discounted rate and told her to let others know to call them. (We also had a block with them that expired on 7/20.)

I ALSO called the Fairfield Inn to book a room for myself and two bridesmaids who live in Cincinnati who were making the trip for the shower my fiance's mom threw for me on 7/23. I was also told their systems were down and they'd call me back. Never heard back. When I called them back, they said they were full.

I called the sales manager at the Fairfield Inn and she told me their systems were never down and that they're all booked on that weekend now. Then she said she would call me back, and never did. I emailed her and I also emailed Marriott, their parent company. I'm supposed to hear from Marriott early next week. The sales manager just replied back with the names of several other hotels in the area.

I'm not from Youngstown and I don't know the area, so I did a little internet research and found three decent hotels within the same distance from our venue and with a little bit of a price range. My out of town guests know the area even less than I do, and now they're on their own to find whatever they can. I don't have anywhere to stay right now either, so I'm a little concerned about that.

Hopefully this was just a one-time thing and it's not a regular occurrence, but I still wanted to let others know in case they are looking for places for out of town guests to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

We were passing through Youngstown on our way to points west from Philadelphia when we decided we'd had enough driving for the day. After a brief internet search, not-so-aided by the spotty reception in that section of I-80, we settled on the Fairfield in Youngstown/Austintown. It had availability, positive reviews, and was far enough over the border to make us feel like we were making real progress without actually obliging us to go any farther that day.

We were pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was amazingly friendly and welcoming, even to a pair of exhausted travelers who'd shown up well after midnight and were obviously pretty done-for. The gentleman even offered to open the pantry and offer us some refreshment, in case we hadn't had the time or inclination to stop for dinner - an offer we didn't take him up on, but which we did appreciate.

The rooms were sparkly clean and new, still smelling faintly of paint. As the gentleman at reception explained, the hotel had recently undergone a total renovation, which showed in a million little ways.

I'll confess: I'm a big sucker for recently renovated hotels. With the traffic they see, it's inevitable that things will get damaged, dirty, and kind of 'blech' as time goes on. That's just how it works.

So, I was very happy that this place had been overhauled. While the decor was pretty standard, it was clean, neutral, the bed was comfortable, and the recent renovation rendered everything very fresh and pleasant. No signs of wear or dirt here.

Breakfast was...well, it was breakfast at a chain hotel. At least everything was fresh and the coffee was plentiful, which is all you can reasonably ask of a chain hotel.

It may be out-of-the-way, and it isn't a destination in and of itself, but if you're looking for a clean, comfortable place to crash if you're on I-80 somewhere between Pennsylvania and Ohio, you could do a lot worse.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
FFI35, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Dear Guest,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your feedback. I'm so happy you were "pleasantly surprised"! On another note, we will soon be adding hot items to our breakfast menu. I hope the next time your travels bring you back this way, you'll stay again! Safe travels to you!

Rachel Miskell
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

We were there for the OAC Grade School State Wrestling Championships along with a lot of other wrestling families...the soundproofing was very impressive! The rooms are brand new and gorgeous! The pool area was super nice and the staff was excellent. We will be staying there again next year for sure!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
FFI35, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the response! It's wonderful to hear that your stay was so enjoyable! We look forward to having your group back next year!

Rachel Miskell, General Manager

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown? Share your experiences!