“4 Month Extended Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area
GreenLeadersSilver level
Newark, Ohio
“4 Month Extended Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I wish to start this review with a major "Thank You" to Heidi Pelfrey who worked with me during my extended stay to make this a very good experience. She was professional, understanding and very willing to accommodate my extended stay circumstances.
That being said, this hotel is excellent. From the quiet and spacious rooms to the very good breakfasts. I was comfortable and well taken care of during my time with the fine folks at this HIE. While I looked at many hotels in the area, this HIE stood out as the best choice even though there were 3 other hotels within 1000 ft. The property is only a year old and is very conveniently located within easy walking distance from a Bob Evan's which has been newly renovated in Feb. 2013. Besides the Bob Evan's there are two Mexican restaurants as well as a McDonalds, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Cracker Barrel, Quaker Steak and Lube and Perkins all easily within the hotel's proximity. A very good Chinese place and Pizza Hut deliver to the hotel if you want to stay in. Slightly further afield is a Chipotle, Ruby Tuesday, Jimmy Johns, Buffalo Wild Wings and a little gem of a sandwich shop called The Sandwich Factory.
The internet is plenty fast for my work (some very large 10 gigabyte files) and the bed was very comfortable. The area around the hotel isn't the greatest (not the hotel's fault, of course) but very few would find that an issue as it seems to be a mostly i-80 overnight crowd and not extended stay.
I can and will happily recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Warren/Youngstown area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
KayLou K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you Jonathan H for the glowing review! I have shared your comments with Heidi and the team of achieving the superior guest service that we set to accomplish! Hopefully your travels will bring you back to your "Home away from Home"!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
cedar falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express was extremely clean, comfortable and had several touches that made it stand out in the crowd of mid-line hotel chains. Friendly staff, delicious breakfast, and updated everything. Great job, Holiday Inn Express! You asked for a "10"-- you got it!

Room Tip: Third flood was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
KayLou K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! I am so pleased to hear that we not only satisfied but exceeded your expectations. I can't wait to share your comments with the team!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located off I-80, and is close to several restaurants. The property itself is newer, well-maintained, and clean. The room was large, nicely decorated, and comfortable. The beds were a little hard, but not too bad. The only real complaint I had is that my room was right across from the elevator, and I could clearly hear it "ding" in the room. Aside from that, had a great stay!

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the elevator as possible
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Our property strives to provide clean, comfortable accommodations with a friendly staff.
I will share your comments with our team as a job well done!
Portage, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a standard HIE property. Good condition, easy exit and entry from I-80. Fuel next door. Easy parking. Very friendly staff. It is far enough from the road to be quiet. Looks like it is popular with the trades, cable, telephone, pipeline, oil and gas. They even had a copy of Shale Play in the lobby. A regional shale gas newspaper.

Breakfast was what you expect. Fresh fruit and the hard boiled eggs were defrosted properly, which is greatly appreciated. And they have the new pancake machine. Love those pancakes.

They also had two TV’s. One on local news and the other on one of the generally mind numbing Fox or MSNBC news channels. I greatly appreciate it. It is a terrible way to start the day with hearing that partisan crap from the left or the right. Local news is the right way to go. Its non offensive and sometimes has a nice local guy does good story. I won’t stay in a place that insist on sharing their politics by mandating what is on the TV. They don’t need my business. So thanks the two TV solution is appreciated.

Room Tip: I think any room is good. If your going to make noise stay on the ground floor as the trade guys get...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
KayLou K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments on our facility. I am pleased that you found our staff to be friendly as that's what you hope to find after a long day of travel. I appreciate you mentioning that our facility is quiet even though we do sit directly off interstate 80. We hope to see you again!
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This property is clean and comfortable. The beds are firm and beautifully covered. Breakfast is the standard HI Express fare. The staff did an excellent job at check-in. We requested a quiet room and our request was granted. The hotel has good sound-proofing for good reason - it is wedged between a truck stop, the interstate, and McDonalds - you don't hear a thing from outside the hotel. That said, they could do a better job of assigning rooms. Members of a hockey team who arrived late at night were assigned rooms right next to, and across the hall from, our room, understandable if you are filled to capacity but business was very slow that night. I never did get back to sleep. This would have been a 5 star review had the room assignments been better managed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
KayLou K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing our property during your visit to the Mahoning Valley. I appreciate your comments on the clean, comfortable accommodations and the friendliness of our staff. I will be sure to pass those comments along. While we do our best with room assignments,delays in travel can occur and cause later than normal check-in. I aplologize for any disruption you may have experienced but please do not expect that as the norm at our facility. We hope to see you again in the future should your journeys bring you back to the Youngstown area.
West Chester, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Very clean, quite comfortable, friendly staff...overall wonderful. I would stay again and would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a good value but not willing to skimp on cleanliness and service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
KayLou K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
The best review is one that states that they would recommend us and that's exactly what you've given us. Our property strives to provide clean, comfortable accommodations with a friendly, knowledgable staff. I will pass on to our team members your comments with a job well done! Thanks!
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Hotel is newer, modern, clean and convenient to I-80 and restaurants. You can walk across the parking lot to a Bob Evans. Beds were comfortable. indoor heated pool is nice but small - deck area is small with not enough chairs. If you have kids that like to run around, please stay on the ground floor. We listened to the pattering of footsteps above us until after 11:00pm. Our second stay, we requested the top (third) floor in advance and it was MUCH better. Breakfast was fine.

Staff is very friendly and we would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding our facility. I'm not only pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast but also the convenience of Bob Evans for your lunch/dinner needs. I appreciate your repeat business and hope to provide you comfortable accommodations in the furure.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area

Address: 5555 Cerni Place, Austintown, OH 44515
Location: United States > Ohio > Austintown
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Austintown
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area 2.5*
This newly built AWARD WINNING Holiday Inn Express & Suites is located a few miles west of Youngstown off I-80 in Austintown, Ohio. Only minutes from downtown Youngstown, you'll spend less time in traffic and more time doing what you came to do. Contemporary hospitality and our friendly staff are eagerly awaiting your visit. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Youngstown West Niles i-80 Hotel Austintown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area Austintown, Ohio

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.