“Way overpriced for "Econolodge"” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5431-1/2 Seventy Six Dr., Austintown, Youngstown, OH 44515   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Austintown
Kettering
“Way overpriced for "Econolodge"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We paid $79, for a double on a Tuesday night. This looks like it used to be a Knights Inn, The only good thing about this place is you can still park at your door.The beds we ok, the bathroom very small and there was still someones pajamas hanging on the back of the door from the previous guests. The TV was very old and did not work very well. This place would be ok at $49 a night but is a poor value at $79. It is in a very busy,noisy, high traffic/truck stop area. Lots of choices for rooms here but they are way overpriced as well. The Quality Inn across the turnpike at this exit is probably the best bet here. I didn't personally do the breakfast but my partner said it was cold cereal from Aldi's.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Boulder Creek, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

When see the sign for this motel, above it is a large sign for a stripper club. Although the woman at the desk was friendly and nice, the motel was a real pit. I don't know what was on the bottom of the tub but it was gritty and dirty looking. I would never recommend this place to anyone and I could not believe that Hotels.com sent me there!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

With two pets traveling with us we ended up spending 100.00 a night to stay in this crappy place. Old tv and every channel was staticy and buzzing to the point it was irretating to even turn it on. Air conditioning stoped working in middle of night so we called front desk and were told pretty much nothing they can do about it. No fridge, no microwave and getting their wireless internet to work and stay connected was hopeless. For the price could have stayed in a much nicer place and will not be back to this dump. Oh yeah forgot to meantion it looks like half the doors in the place have been busted into or raided and you better hope the bathroom tiles don't stick to your feet. High priced crack shack!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I usually have very good luck with any of choice hotels we stay at. This was an exception to the rule. It appeared to be clean? The room smelled like bug spray and bothered my asthma. We stayed since we both could not go any further on our journey without rest. The Airconditioning worked really great. VERY loud trucks all night long, going in and out at the neighboring truck stop, this bothered my husbands rest. We go to Ohio several times a year, will not stay there again. The atmosphere was odd, glad I was traveling with my husband and not my friend. I felt safer. The pool was filled in with huge stones and gravel. I did not even see breakfast or the area that it was to be at.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

All I can say is that when I entered the room the smell was insane as I aired it out for awhile I went to bed and when I woke up I noticed the blood on every wall it looked like somebody had either gotten the [--] kicked or shot so as I was taken pics I noticed the door looked like it gotten kicked in by a SWAT team, and so on all I can say it was one freaky motel.

• Stayed April 2012
Jonesville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

While traveling home stopped for the night to get some sleep but had no luck with that! Room was dirty. Smelled bad. Cigarette butt on the floor in a non-smoking room. Stayed for 2 hours and had to leave because of getting bitten by something (maybe fleas, since we believe we found dog and/or cat hair on the bedding). After 2 hours the women at the desk would not refund our $. We should have left right away!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
NEPA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Why disgusting? 1) Flies. Yes, flies in/around the bathroom. 2) Dirty - the floor had not been vaccuumed (obvious crud on the carpet). The floor in the bathroom still had debris/ dust bunnies. There were stains on one fitted sheet (had a double) not discovered until morning (shiver), and stains on one comforter. 3) Our Non-smoking room reeked of smoke. 4) No mattress pads. 5) Poor maintenance. The light/fan in the bathroom was hanging down from the ceiling, the toilet tank was cracked, and it looked like someone had refinished the bathtub (and water spout) with a can of offwhite spraypaint. The only reason we did not run away from this motel is that we noticed most of this after we plopped our poor two sleeping kids down & we were exhausted at 12:30 a.m. We woke up at 4:00 a.m. and just left. Nasty.

Room Tip: Non-smoking rooms reek of smoke.