“Great Accommodations” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Upper Sandusky, Ohio
“Great Accommodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Hampton Inns are great, and this one certainly didn't disappoint. We had a good experience at this conveniently located hotel, with all the amenities. The pool was exceptionally nice and very warm. Even without a hot tub, we enjoyed the warmth, music, and cleanliness of the area. The towels though plentiful are skimpy , so you might want to remember to take your bath or beach towel along with you. What struck me the minute I entered the hotel was a very clean smell, and the hallways and room also smelled good. Breakfast was great and the breakfast area inviting. They also had free cookies in the lobby, as well as breakfast to go in bags for those in a hurry. And the coffee is so good at Hampton Inns! Thank you to the friendly staff both at check-in and also the next morning. Kim Harris was at the desk in the a.m. and she was very helpful in advising us on area attractions. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay there again if we are in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your review! We put a lot of work into making sure we provide the best guest experience possible, so it's always encouraging to be recognized for that effort. I'll pass your comments along to our staff. :-)
We agree with you, Kim is a superstar! I made sure she got to see your review.
I also agree about the pool towels. Hopefully in the future we can work on some more luxurious towels for our pool-going guests!
I hope you will stay with at our Hampton Inn Youngstown West the next time your travels bring you to our area. Thank you for being a valued guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was excellent, stayed here for 2 nights as was visiting Lordstown. Room was very clean and spacious, staff very helpful. The manager invite evening is well worth the attendence, free nibbles and drinks. Thoroughly enjoyable stay. Plenty of eating houses around, I liked the 'Chicken wings' restaurant behind the hotel.Would recommend to anyone visiting the area.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your review! We always put a lot of work into making sure we provide the best guest experience possible, so it's always encouraging to be recognized for that effort. I'll definitely be passing your comments along to our staff. :-)
I hope you will stay with at our Hampton Inn Youngstown West the next time your travels bring you to our area. Thank you for being a valued Hampton guest.
Dearborn, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I always stay at this Hampton when I come in the area. The staff at the hotel is great, they anticipate your needs. I recommed this Hampton to all of my associates at work and they also stay here. I am returning to the area in a few weeks and I'm going to be staying at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kenosha, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Hampton inns have earned the right to be our number one pick for our stays across the country. All have been very nice, clean and well appointed. Breakfast is well done. Great value best beds and pillows. Good internet speed with free access. the Hilton honors program is a real bonus to help reduce the costs for frequent stays.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband is pretty hard to please. He has stayed at this hotel multiple times for work and has always been happy. He's main concern is always a hotel's cleanliness. He was so happy to see the note in the room that the duvet cover is washed everytime - I think it made his week. Small detail but so important! Thanks Hampton Inn. He also said the staff was friendly and helpful. Would definately recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your husband's stay at our hotel. We always love to hear comments from happy guests...it makes our day! You know, at first we might have thought that people would find those post it notes silly, but we've found that people really enjoy the reminder that Hampton Inns launder their bedding, including duvets, daily. Thank you for the opportunity to make your family part of our family, and we hope that we will continue to see your husband whenever he has occasion to visit the Youngstown area.
Menomonie, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was one of the best hotels I have stayed at. After 8 hours on the road, a bed with soft, clean sheets and blankets was a warm welcome. It was also very nice that it was located right off of the interstate. There are a lot of good restaurants within walking/driving distance. Even the bathroom was something you don't normally see in a chain hotel. The breakfast spread was very nice with a variety that included more than the standard bagel and cream cheese. Very nice hotel. If I'm ever in the area again, I would choose this hotel in a heartbeat!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I hope you will stay with us the next time your travels bring you to our area. Thank you for being a valued guest.
Yukon, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel has the most staff I have ever seen for a hotel this size. The staff is very friendly and takes care of you. The indoor pool with glass windows on three sides is great when he snow is blowing outside. The only downfall would be the rooms on the side facing the highway are a little noisy. This is the best hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the highway for a quite night sleep.