“Wonderful staff. Very clean. Cozy rooms. Quiet. Safe.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Ahead and Save
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Austintown
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Wonderful staff. Very clean. Cozy rooms. Quiet. Safe.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 days/2 nights for a wrestling tournament. Which in itself, is sometimes a recipe for disaster for a hotel & it's staff! Lol They handled it very well.
They kept the noise level down. Made sure everything was clean and up to par, even with a hotel full of adolescent boys inspecting everything they could touch within the confines of the hotel!
The breakfast was fabulous. The staff was very knowledgable and courteous. We were told goodbye by four different staff as we were leaving.
Staying with the Hampton Inn Youngstown was a very wonderful, carefree, cost efficient weekend getaway that we definitely will be booking our stay with for many years to come!

• Stayed March 2013
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel! We always love to hear back from guests, especially when they have a great time. I'll definitely be sharing this with our staff.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourself during the wrestling tournament. It's always going to be a bit of controlled chaos with that many youngsters in house, but it's always a lot of fun!

Hope you'll be staying with us again next time you're in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Weehawken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

People who read my reviews may think I own stock in Hilton because I am constantly giving Hampton Inns 5 stars. The reason I stay at Hampton Inn is because I don’t really want surprises when travelling long distances with my family.

I am rating 4 stars to the desired result: a consistent moderately priced hotel with great service and a decent breakfast and 1 star for unexpected service. Well, this one fits the bills. The hotel is consistent, check, 4 stars. The front desk guy on the evening of check in was extremely friendly and did an excellent job making my family feel welcome. He even hooked me up with some free packaged cookies because we checked in too late for the fresh baked cookies. Check for the fifth star.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Megan M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with our Hampton Inn. As always, we aim to make sure our guests are as satisfied with their stay as possible. I am always pleased to hear such nice comments such as yours. I look forward to sharing the results with the staff to show them that hard work does produce positive results.

Thank you making us aware of the pleasant stay you recently experienced at our hotel. It is comments like yours that help maintain the excellence that we are always striving to achieve. I’d like to personally thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Youngstown – West and for being a loyal and valued guest. I hope that you will be staying with us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me anytime that you have any future questions and/or comments.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great value for money. Very clean, good breakfast, helpful and courteous staff. Restaurants are close by and it is close to the highway. The beds were comfy and the quilts were clean. I think the staff were better trained and focused on assisting guests than other Hampton Inns I have stayed at.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! We put a lot of work into making sure we provide the best guest experience possible, so it's always encouraging to be recognized for that effort. I'll pass your comments along to our staff. :-)
I hope you will stay with at our Hampton Inn Youngstown West the next time your travels bring you to our area. Thank you for being a valued guest.
South Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I recently stayed (2) nights at this hotel. I was working in nearby Warrren Ohio, but was not satisified with the hotel selections in that city. After reviewing TA, I settled on the Hampton Inn. The hotel is located right off I-80. I was greeted by a female representative. She asked me for my Gov't ID as I booked it under a Govt rate. I thought this was a good practice. She placed me in a room on the third floor. It was snowing when I arrived. The lobby was a very clean environment and inviting.

Upon entering the room, I discovered it to be a typical Hampton Inn type room, large enough to spread out, and be happy for a couple of nights. I read in previous posts about the highway noise. I will say this was not a concern of mine, and the noise was faint. I was very comfortable for the two nights, the shower was very refreshing and the room had a small frig and microwave.

I ate breakfast in the lobby area. It was very clean with a good variety of hot and cold foods. This is always a plus when I am in a hurray and cannot wait in a restaurant. The attendant kept watch, cleaning up and refilling the foods, beverages, etc.

Food eateries in the area are not what I would expect. But anyway, there are plenty of fast food establishments if that is what you prefer. I found a good steak restaurant around the corner which was fashioned like a sports bar/restaurant. The food was very good there.

I would return to this hotel should I return to this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, March 2, 2013

As always, we hope you'll stay with us again next time you find yourself in the Youngstown (or Warren) area. Maybe next time we can find you an awesome restaurant!
colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Rooms are clean and nicely decorated. Rooms are equipped with comfortable beds for a good night sleep and hotel is close to some good restaurants. The staff is friendly, great service, , great breakfast, and happy hour

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter if there is not an adjoining room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for the great review! Our staff takes a lot of pride in how we treat our guests so we love hearing feedback from guests who really enjoy their stays. Please come stay with us again if you're ever in the Youngstown area!

PS. Good tip about the adjoining rooms.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our family stayed in this hotel for 1 night as a stopover. We had read the reviews online which were extremely positive so we decided to try it. The reviews were right on target. The rooms were very well maintained and the staff was wonderful - the nighttime manager, the breakfast cook and the daytime manager. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. Although this was not right on the turnpike, it was worth the slight detour to have a nice place to stay during a long trip!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your glowing review. We're glad that we were able to prove all of our supporters right!

Please come see us again next time you're in the area!
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed here one night while in the area for work. Front desk was helpful and nice. I also saw a "welcome" party for gold, diamond members sign. The room was clean. It just seemed overall this hotel did one step better than most Hampton Inn's-it shows. I left early and did not eat breakfast but took one of the travel packs. Also there is a starbucks right across the street.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking a moment to review your stay at our hotel. We're so glad that you enjoyed yourself and maybe next time you'll actually get to hang around for our Manager's Reception instead of having to content yourself with reading about it at our front desk. (Oh, and by the way, all of our guests are invited to our Manager's Receptions!)

Next time you're in the area, try our Joe and Go package...you'll get a gift card to that mightily convenient Starbucks along with your stay!

Been to Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80? Share your experiences!