“Comfortable, Clean, Very friendly and helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Book Ahead and Save
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Austintown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cambridge, OH
“Comfortable, Clean, Very friendly and helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Spent two nights here on business. As always, there is nothing as welcoming as the Hampton bed! Staff were very friendly, eager to help and seemed to always be smiling. Great breakfast selection, with different menu items both mornings. The lobby/dining/gathering area was spacious, comfortable and conducive to informal gatherings in the evenings. I appreciated the in-room radio/alarm which offered "nature sounds", and it did a nice job of masking the highway sounds. When I stay again, I will request a room on the side of the building which is away from highway. TIP: If you need anything, information/bottled water/etc., ASK THE STAFF. Chances are they will be able to help you, and they were always willing to try. I am asking our organization's booking staff to please book me in this property whenever I need to be in this area.

Room Tip: Rooms away from highway are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with our Hampton Inn. We always strive to ensure the highest level of service for our guests and we value comments like yours because it tells us we're doing something right! Great advice with the bottled water, etc. We actually have a cabinet behind the desk that we keep commonly forgotten items in...contact lens solution, pantyhose, chapstick...you name it! We love it when we can help someone who comes down asking for directions to the nearest convenience store. They always look so excited when we can save them the trip. Anyway, we're glad you chose to stay with us and we definitely hope you'll think of us if you find yourself again in the Youngstown area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The front desk staff member was very freindly and helpful, dispite the fact the he was slammed with people all at once. The rooms and the bathrooms are large, and the bedding very comfortable. They have the type of sheets you would expect in a Hilton, not a Hampton. Sorry I can't say the same for the pillow cases. The exercise room was adequate, some free weights would be nice and perhaps a shade on the window that overlooks the pool. And, there is a fair amount of road noise due to the proximity to the highway. All in all, I would definetly stay ther again. Its a very comfortable Hampton Inn!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with our Hampton Inn. We always strive to ensure the highest level of service for our guests and we value comments like yours because it tells us we're doing something right! I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay despite the highway noise. We try to mitigate that problem as much as possible, and even offer ear plugs at the front desk. We're glad you chose to stay with us and we definitely hope you'll think of us if you find yourself again in the Youngstown area.
Swartz Creek, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Front desk clerk was very helpful and speedy at check-in and the clerk in the morning was understanding and helpful with our late checkout request. Hotel was very clean and the rooms and beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with our Hampton Inn. We always strive to ensure the highest level of service for our guests and we value comments like yours because it tells us we're doing something right! Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Youngstown – West and for being a loyal and valued guest. We definitely hope you'll think of us if you find yourself again in the Youngstown area.
Boaz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Just wanted to say that I had a wonderful 23 days. Terri, who takes care of breakfast is the best. From the management to the maintenance men to the housekeeping staff, me and my husband were treated like family. Thanks, Meagan,Mrs. Kim, Heather, Terri, John and Joe!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are always pleased to hear that we've made a positive impression on one of our guests. Our entire staff takes great pride in ensuring that your home away from home is the best that it can be. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we definitely hope to see you again should you ever find yourself in the Youngstown area!
Berkeley, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed here two nights last weekend (not consecutively). Once on our way east and once on our way back. Had the same room each time. Very clean and really comfortable bed. The staff, including Cheri, were very welcoming and went out of their way to make sure everything was good. We enjoyed the free breakfast.

Room Tip: We had room 201. Very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're very glad you chose to stay with us and delighted that Cheri could make your stay that much more enjoyable. Please think of us if you're ever in the area again!
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Like all the Hampton Inns, we stayed at this looked like all the others. It was comfortable, quiet and the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was the typical Hampton fare good with a varity of choic including eggs, meats, hot and cold cereal, fruit, waffles and juices.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this location on business. I was reassigned to the area due to Hurricane Sandy and I must say that this was a very nice property with helpful & friendly staff. I am originally from the area but never needed to stay at a hotel when visiting. This Hampton Inn offers a great breakfast, a very clean and well kept environment and the room was very comfortable. It was great to be out of the Hurricane's way and be able to stay at the best Hampton Inn that I have stayed at thus far.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We had quite a few people come through here to avoid the storm. We're happy that we could provide you with a comfortable home away from home during that ordeal. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we definitely hope to see you again should you ever find yourself in the Youngstown area!

Been to Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80? Share your experiences!