“Good Solid Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
“Good Solid Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Like all the Hampton Inns, we stayed at this looked like all the others. It was comfortable, quiet and the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was the typical Hampton fare good with a varity of choic including eggs, meats, hot and cold cereal, fruit, waffles and juices.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, January 3, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this location on business. I was reassigned to the area due to Hurricane Sandy and I must say that this was a very nice property with helpful & friendly staff. I am originally from the area but never needed to stay at a hotel when visiting. This Hampton Inn offers a great breakfast, a very clean and well kept environment and the room was very comfortable. It was great to be out of the Hurricane's way and be able to stay at the best Hampton Inn that I have stayed at thus far.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We had quite a few people come through here to avoid the storm. We're happy that we could provide you with a comfortable home away from home during that ordeal. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we definitely hope to see you again should you ever find yourself in the Youngstown area!
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I recently enjoyed a short stay here while traveling with 3 80+ seniors, Cheri and other front desk staff were warm and welcoming and gave us the best rooms available. Cheri was a great help to me for all of our needs and I will go out of my way to stay here again.

The breakfast bar was very good and, despite our visit being concurrent with a bus group from Wisconsin, the buffet manager kept everyone happy and well fed!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We definitely enjoyed having your group here! We love it when reviewers like you can single out one of our employees as going above and beyond. Cheri was publicly congratulated and was delighted that she was able to help you. Thank you again for your time and we'd love to see you again if you ever find yourself in the area!
Ann Arbor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed there last night and had another great stay at a Hampton Inn. The went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The manager's reception was a great surprise to us. It was so good that we didn't have to leave the property for dinner. The only complaint I would have is the traffic noise from I-80. The room was very clean and well equipped. We've noticed that more and more properties are providing plenty of outlets for electronic devices and this motel is no exception. Thanks again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. You were apparently lucky enough to be a part of our inaugural Manager's Reception. We thought it went over pretty well and your comments have helped reinforce to us that this is something we'd like to do on a regular basis. The food you enjoyed so much, by the way, was provided by our neighboring business, Los Gallos.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again should you happen to find yourself in the area!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on my way to Washington DC from Chicago as it was the halfway point. I was worried as I had never stayed at a Hampton Inn before and thought I would be disappointed. The hotel is very nice and recently renovated. The room had very comfortable beds with a flat screen tv and the bathroom was a nice size. The room was very clean. I arrived around 9 pm and the front desk clerk was very nice. Since I was moving my car was full of stuff and I was concerned about break in but my car was fine in the a.m. They also have breakfast for guest. I didn't have time to stay but they had a to go bag with an apple, cereal bar and bottled water which was great. Overall great stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we definitely hope to see you again should you ever find yourself in the Youngstown area!
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Based on other TripAdvisor reviews my husband selected this Hampton Inn on his way out to Oklahoma. The Inn was very clean and the room was comfortable. However, and while these items are minor, they are worth mentioning. Bottled water was not an option in any of the hotel vending machines. While the hotel cannot control what products are placed in the machines, it would be good to recommend that bottles of Spring Water are added as a vending option. Also, the only drink cups in the room were styrofoam coffee cups. Again, a small item but it would be nice to offer plastic drink cups along with the styrofoam. Overall, a good choice in hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for your comments! We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and, next time you're in town, come by the front desk. We have a refrigerator full of free bottles of water and we'll be happy to give you one! Sorry about the lack of purchase options, but free is always better, right?
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Guaranteed stop when we travel through Ohio! Conveniently located just off the Ohio Turnpike. Staff is very friendly and welcoming. Rooms are spacious and extremely clean! Very nice pool and workout facilities. Breakfast (included) features plentiful hot and cold items. I highly recommend this Hampton!

• Stayed September 2012
Megan M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with our Hampton Inn. As always, we aim to make sure our guests are as satisfied with their stay as possible. I am always pleased to hear such nice comments such as yours. I look forward to sharing the results with the staff to show them that hard work does produce positive results. Thank you making us aware of the pleasant stay you recently experienced at our hotel. It is comments like yours that help maintain the excellence that we are always striving to achieve. I’d like to personally thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Youngstown – West and for being a loyal and valued guest. I hope that you will be staying with us again in the future.

Been to Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80? Share your experiences!