“Stop Here for a Good Nights Sleep” 4 of 5 stars

Book Ahead and Save
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Austintown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Adirondacks
“Stop Here for a Good Nights Sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Everything you would want in a hotel for a short stay. Clean, newly remodeled and a comfortable beds. The staff was quick to see to our requests and made a excellent suggestion for dinner near by. Even offered me the military rate which was an added bonus.

The one improvement that I could offer would be for the staff to take their smoke breaks in back of the hotel instead of right beside the front door. Many of us who do not smoke do not like walking through the second hand smoke when entering a business.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Megan M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with our Hampton Inn. As always, we aim to make sure our guests are as satisfied with their stay as possible. I am always pleased to hear such nice comments such as yours. I look forward to sharing the results with the staff to show them that hard work does produce positive results. Thank you making us aware of the pleasant stay you recently experienced at our hotel. We are in the middle of re-designing our landscaping which will eliminate the smokers corner right by the front doors. Many of our guest appreciate an area for their enjoyment. It is comments like yours that help maintain the excellence that we are always striving to achieve. I’d like to personally thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Youngstown – West and for being a loyal and valued guest. I hope that you will be staying with us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me anytime that you have any future questions and/or comments.

Megan M. Mintern

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Given the limited amount of "nice" places to stay in the area, this by far is one of the best. We stayed for one night to attend a birthday party. The check in was quick and easy and the staff were all extremely friendly and efficient. Our room was clean, even though the mattress was a bit old. We had requested an extra blanket prior to arrival and sure enough it was in our room waiting when we arrived. The hotel has a nice indoor pool. We did not utilize the complimentary breakfast, but the hotel does also have complimentary hot and cold drinks (coffee, hot chocolate, tea, lemon water) that is provided day and night. Overall this was a very nice place to stay. It is conveniently located near the interstate and near lots of restaurants (Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans etc.). If you are traveling to the Warren, Ohio area and are looking for a nice place to stay - I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Megan M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with our Hampton Inn. As always, we aim to make sure our guests are as satisfied with their stay as possible. I am always pleased to hear such nice comments such as yours. I look forward to sharing the results with the staff to show them that hard work does produce positive results. Thank you making us aware of the pleasant stay you recently experienced at our hotel. It is comments like yours that help maintain the excellence that we are always striving to achieve. I’d like to personally thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Youngstown – West and for being a loyal and valued guest. I hope that you will be staying with us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me anytime that you have any future questions and/or comments.

minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed overnight, staff were very friendly and helpful. They recommended a great restaurant within walking distance. Rooms/hotel was clean. Breakfast was good and complimentary.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed one night at this property while driving from NYC to Chicago. It is the perfect mid-way stop. We basically selected this property because it was #1 on tripadvisor and we got a great price. The property is as described in all previous reviews. During the course of our trip we stayed in 4 other similar type properties (a hampton, a doubletree, a fairfield inn and a marriott courtyard). I would say the hampton was the cleanest of all of the properties. The decor was the brightest and least tired looking. Althougjh it is not 4 or 5 star type of hotel, it is what it is: a Hampton Inn that is a good choice for travelers.
The bathrooms were the largest and most upscale of any of the properties and the Hampton provided the best amenities. The room was slightly smaller than the other properties(I think space lost to the bathroom). The outside of the building is large and bland...if anyone cares. In order to get to the hotel you have to enter through a driveway for a gas station, best western or the nearby restaurants. The lobby has water, coffee tea and cookies when you get there. Hallways are bright. I thought the beds were too soft (I sleep on a temperpedic)....they were definitely the softest of the 4 hotels we stayed in. But they are new mattresses:just soft! Our room was completely quiet.
There is a breakfast with the standard cold items, a waffle maker and an egg offering. There were "omelets" when we were there. I can't imagine anyone eating the omelets. They must be frozen then microwaved. Really terrible......maybe the hotel should just skip them....they make everything else look worse! All staff were very nice and efficient.

In summary, for location, price, decor, cleanliness and property maintenance, this is an excellent choice for a stop on the road.

Room Tip: Face away from I-80 and away from the elevator!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Booked the Hampton Inn for an overnight stay and was very happy with our experience. Rooms are nice, clean and the staff was very friendly. The kids said the pool was very warm and had a fun time swimming. Great "free" breakfast in the morning. We would stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ashland,ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is my second extended staythere.IS MY The staff there is very superb,I was very comfortable,the hampton inn folks there made feel like i was at home and i was part of the family.i would definitely stay there again.the breaar was very good.fantastic joib crew.

Sam Clay

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Megan M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, March 28, 2012

Franklin, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Overall the property is typical Hampton. The rooms are very nice and clean although showing some wear. The beds are comfortable. The desk clerks was very friendly. The location is good for restaurants but a bit hard to find. My biggest complaint was the noise at night. I could hear people talking and TV playing in adjacent room until late at night. Also I was right by the elevator and heard the door opening continually.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Megan M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our Hampton Inn, and making us aware of some of the things that we can do to make your stay better. We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced with the quietness of your room. We implemented a new amenity in our guest room, ear plugs, which will help eliminate some of the building noises. We express regret regarding the problems you experienced, however we greatly appreciate you letting us know. It is comments like yours that help us correct any problems that guests have and gives us the opportunity to take care of them. Please feel free to contact me anytime that you have any future questions and /or comments.

Yours in Service,

Megan Mintern

Been to Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80? Share your experiences!