Not what I anticipated. It was very cold in the locker room. My wrap was so frayed that I wasn't sure it would stay up. I watched the temperature rise on my "steam room" from 81 to 86 degrees. I had to take my towel and fold it so I sit on the porcelain tiles and put another behind my back due to the temperature of the room. I should mention I am at that stage in my life that I am never cold- The person who did my scrub and massage was wonderful. It was so cold in the room were I was to eat lunch that I changed into my clothes. I told the receptionist about the temperature-he said he would put the portable heater in the room. He did but did not turn it on. I had heard so many good things about Mario's that I was really looking forward to a relaxing couple of hours. I would not recommend Mario's International Spa and Hotel-Medina location for a spa day unless they fix their issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The guest quarters of the private 14 room hotel provide gracious accommodations where comfort and hospitality are our primary concern. Guest rooms are luxuriously embellished, each offering personal in-room whirlpool baths complete with every convenient amenity. The Hotel Suite with fireplace will provide your sanctuary for the ultimate repose. For a spa retreat, the business traveler, groups, weddings, or a tranquil getaway, the Spa Hotel is a haven for those seeking solitude and has entertained many celebrities.Spa Hotel dining offers the rustic elegance of our Cabin Restaurant and Courtyard. The restaurant serves an array of fresh, hearth baked pizzas to astounding homemade pasta selections and grilled to perfection steak, chops and seafood. The Cabin cuisine specializes in quality with all menu items prepared to specification on the premises.AURORA: The word in its original Greek context refers to "a new beginning." With the completion of the refurbishment of the original Aurora Spa, we are entering into an age of "a new beginning." Mario's Aurora Spa is our Grande Spa. The Aurora Spa was Mario's first spa, opened 35 years ago, making Mario's one of the early creators of day spas.Our historic building has warmth and charm that can't be found in modern environments. You can partake of your services in the warm glow of one of our 7 fireplaces and unwind in our Grotto – our newly renovated all stone whirlpool and Finnish sauna. Enjoy a scrumptious and healthy meal in our Furno – our private spa restaurant where you can dine in the comfort of your robe and slippers!Personalized attention to our guests, a team of professional technicians and therapists and our renowned commitment to provide exceptional spa experiences has earned Mario's Spas the award of #1 day spa nationally. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Mario's International Spa and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mario`s International Hotel Aurora
- Marios International Hotel
- Marios International Spa Aurora
- Mario's International Spa And Hotel Aurora, Ohio