“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Athens
McConnelsville, Ohio
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Ohio University Inn celebrating our wedding anniversary. Our suite was beautiful and very well appointed - updated with two balconies overlooking the pool area. We were treated like royalty be the staff, as well as the general manager and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We prefer a room with a balcony overlooking the pool area
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed at OU Inn twice in the last few months and both times the rooms have been clean and comfortable. I only gave it a 3 out of 5 because on my first stay the rooms were not ready until 8pm. Although drinks and a discount were given it didn't make up for our plans being ruined. The second stay I had to call and confirm rooms 3 different times to make sure the reservations were correct. When I stayed on Saturday they seemed to be correct but now my credit card has been charged 3 times for only 2 rooms. My best recommendation...don't stay there with a group and if you have to, make your own reservations and do NOT change them.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The OU Inn is the closest hotel to the Ohio Univeristy campus. It is located just off of the freeway near the west side of campus. Athough it is an older hotel, it is very clean and modern. While there is nothing exceptionally "special" about the hotel, it is very comfortable, relaxing, and quiet. The rooms are spacious enough, the beds are comfortable, and there is free wi-fi in the rooms. There is no shuttle to campus, but the walk is only a half mile (give or take a bit depending on where you are walking to). The staff was friendly and, except for the bath towels being a bit "scratchy", I have no complaints. The stay is well worth the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed. Like the property.

Had a steak on a previous stay that was so outta sight that I went back the next night and had the same thing.

Room's okay. Functional, clean. In room coffee's bad, bring your own tea bag or Starbucks singles.

My only beef...I have bad sinuses. Bedding smells like chlorine. Last time I stayed there I was going to remember not to again because it stuffs me up and I sleep poorly. I forgot. My bad.

NOTE: to be fair, the pillows are awesome.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I just finished my third stay at the OU Inn.
My daughter is a student and this is by far the most convenient place to stay, just off campus. You don't have to deal with the hassle and expense of parking.
Check in is smooth. Employees are courteous. Room is very clean. Furniture is standard issue hotel furniture. Wireless is good. Bed and linens are very comfortable but pillow is just ok. Couch is pretty uncomfortable, very short from front to back and I'm 5'2". My room had a small balcony with 2 chairs overlooking the nice outdoor patio and pool area.
My only problem was that housekeeping was a little loud in the hall. I was awakened by them wanting to clean my room at around 9:30- my fault because I had not put out my do not disturb hang tag. I got up and hung my sign out. I was awake and staying up so it was not huge for me but they seemed to be standing right outside my door having a normal volume conversation (work related). The hotel seemed fairly empty when I stayed but does not seem particularly well sound proofed which might be a problem during busier times.
Got coffee from room service. Very quick.
Overall a nice stay.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Excellent, Very clean and service was excellent.. Hotel is a little dated, very clean and comfortable. Front desk very helpful. Plus good place to see the Football and Basketball coaches. Best Restaurant in Athens.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Beds are soft and comfortable. We stayed on a Sunday night, so it was quiet and peaceful. The only hotel in walking distance to Ohio University.... which saved much time and money in the morning. Clean. Updated and by far my first choice in Athens.... everything else pales in comparison.

Room Tip: On a Sunday night-- all rooms are quiet.... on a Friday, you might try the back area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ohio University Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!