“best place in southeast ohio” 4 of 5 stars

Ohio University Inn & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   331 Richland Ave., Athens, OH 45701   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Athens
Cleveland, Ohio
“best place in southeast ohio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

in and out on a biz trip. got to hotel a bit early. room wasnt ready. i asked when it might be prepared - front desk checked with housekeeping - they gave me a time (about 1 hour) and it was ready as promised. nice sized rooms. clean, comfortable, and easy to work in. about the only negative is the small bar/lounge. not many seats - service is average at best. very convenient to the university or downtown and easy access to the main highways in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fernandina Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We've been staying here annually for a few nights for several years. The rooms, especially the bathrooms, are a bit dated, and you have to be careful about your room location. Front desk staff a bit undertrained. Restaurant one of the better in Athens.

Room Tip: Reserve well in advance. Discuss room location with reservations staff. Insist upon what was agreed...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We went there for a wedding last weekend and from looking at the pictures online I expected the rooms to feel old and musty due to the decorations. Turns out the hotel was much nicer than we thought. Newer bedding and updated bathrooms. The only disappointment was the wedding party had booked the suites many months in advance and the guests were suppose to be put in rooms near each other. For some reason the suite was not available and the rooms were all spread all over the hotel. Such ashame management did not keep their promise in reserving the suite. It was suppose to be a meeting place for any one from out of town. It was a major inconvenience.

Room Tip: Don't book a specific room here and all will be fine.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Morris, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Our room was large and clean, but nothing special. The location was great and the hotel has a nice pool and outdoor area with a fire pit. However, the price was high for a very basic room that could have used some updating. Dinner at Cutler's was very good as was the breakfast buffet. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there are many options for a nice hotel in Athens and we will likely stay here again in spite of the the average rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
OUInnGM, General Manager at Ohio University Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Ohio University Inn & Conference Center. It was nice for you to mention how clean and spacious our guestrooms were and that they met your needs while you were in town. I was also glad you could relax and enjoy the amenities we offer including our in-house Cutler's Restaurant, beautiful pool, outdoor patio and fire pit.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stay at the Inn when I come to campus to visit or pick-up my daughter. The service at the front desk is always pleasure and professional. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the food and service in the Cutler restaurant is GREAT!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for selecting the Ohio University Inn and Conference Center for your visit to Athens and the Ohio University. It was nice to hear the front desk staff and our comfortable guestrooms meet your expectations. I'm sure your schedule was extremely busy while you were in town but glad you found time to enjoy our Award Winning Cutler's Restaurant. Thank you again - we look forward to serving you again soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

A Vacation retreat in Ohio? I was so pleasantly surprised by OUInn! In getting my youngest of five moved in for college at OU, from Pittsburgh, this Inn was such a surprise. I have come to learn that while visiting a "college-child", you are on their schedule and you had better be ready when they are.... this is the place for that. Selfishly, I found it provided me with the opportunity to relax when my daughter didn't need me (or my wallet), with a outside pool and patio area better than many Florida resorts. Further, being a bit athletic, it is adjacent to the superior walking trails that cover the entire OU campus and golf course... next time I am bringing my clubs... beautiful Par 3 course within walking distance. I was at my daughter's whim within 5 minutes. The staff was incredible...above and beyond my expectations and so friendly. Food was amazing and portions were huge. Rooms were perfect. Fitness center amazing. Guests were also so friendly ... most likely because they were as happy and relaxed as I. I am thinking of going there on my own just to relax and not telling my daughter I am even there..lol! Great place! Customer Service A++++++++. OUInn A+++++++.

Room Tip: Being a sun worshiper, I may request a pool side room when I visit again in the summer.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
OUInnGM, General Manager at Ohio University Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent experience in Athens and at the Ohio University Inn & Conference Center. It was exciting to hear that our Hotel and the Athens community met and exceeded your expectations in many ways. I bet it was really tough to leave your daughter in unfamilar territories but I'm glad you took advantage of relaxing and enjoying our amenities, great customer service, beautiful pool, patio and award wiining Cutler's Restaurant. Thank you again for taking the time to share your visit to Athens and the OU Inn. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed at the Ohio University Inn on the evening of August 7 and it was one of the most satisfying hotel experiences I have had in a long time - and I travel A LOT. The person who handled my reservation could not have been more helpful and cordial and, when I arrived and during my stay, everyone was so helpful and always extremely pleasant. Mostly young people working there - OU students working for the summer, it appeared, and all were as nice as they could possibly be. Also, the restaurant was far and away the best place to eat in town and they handled my company employee dinner flawlessly. I highly recommend this location - and the cost made it an excellent bargain.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the patio in the original section of the hotel have balconies so they offer the sm...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
OUInnGM, General Manager at Ohio University Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Ohio University Inn & Conference Center. I'm pleased to hear that our friendly staff and wonderful facilities exceeded your expectations. I'm also glad you were able to dine and enjoyed our award winning restaurant, Cutler's.

Ralph Mordocco

Been to Ohio University Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!