“Great value for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hometown Inn

You added Hometown Inn to your Saves list
Hometown Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Albany Road, Route 50 West, Athens, OH 45701 (Formerly Budget Host Coach Inn)   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Athens
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Great value for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have stayed here several times...a little dated but clean. The owners are friendly and very accommodating. The free wi-fi, good slection of channels on the TV, and in room fridge make this a great place for the price. It is a short drive to the the downtown area for restaurants and shopping.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here several times over the last 2 years. Nothing fancy but it works for me. The rooms are clean, the owners are friendly and very accommodating. If we need a late check out they make it work.

The location provides easy access to our hunting lease in Albany. Also easy access in Athens for dinner or supplies.

• Stayed December 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for three nights
On my final night there I developed red bites
I did not stay anywhere else on this trip
I found a bed bug in my luggage when I got home
I called the motel twice and they became very argumentitive

They refuse to treat or acknowledge problem

• Stayed November 2012
budgethostathensoh, Owner at Hometown Inn, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about the concern you had during your stay at our property. After your call to the property, we checked the entire room including beds, dressers, night stand and all the other items that could be infested with bed bugs. We did not find any infestation nor did we find any signs of other bug infestation. The room you had stayed in was rented prior to your stay and for 4 consecutive days after you checked out. We did not and have not received any complaints from the guests who stayed in the room.

We have a extermination service company that services all our rooms every month and is constantly on the look out for bud bugs and other infestation. If they find any infestation they record and treat accordingly and inform us of the action taken.
New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

e went to Athens for a college graduation in Nelsonville and stayed 2 nights at this hotel. It was dated - probably the 70's with an aqua colored tub, but it was clean, didn't smell bad and the owners are now going private as of June 2 and not associating themselves with Budget Host. If you are looking for an inexpensive, clean place to stay, I say this is the place for you.

Room Tip: This is right along the road, but must be well insulated since we didn't hear any road noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

This is an old hotel and it is a little hard to find and get to. The management is very polite and accommodating. It is also very clean for it's age. Bed was uh....old

The prices were a little high for the value though.

I probably would explore other places next time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
McLean, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We recently spent two nights at this Inn. We enjoyed the simple, but very clean and comfortable accommodations, with all the amenities one could possibly wish for (ironing board, refrigerator, in-room coffee maker, etc.). We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Athens.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Marietta, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011 via mobile

Hi. First let me say, I've stayed in some not so classy establishments before - especially when I drove cross country on a budget. We looked at some of the previous reviews and went for it.
But this motel was seriously disgusting. Easily top 3 grossest hotel I've ever stayed in. The room smelled strongly of mildew, everything was circa 1960-1970, and in poor repair. The bathroom was so gross, we didn't want to shower - let alone sleep in the bed. Not to mention it is literally at the highway, and we slept poorly most of the night to the sound of tractor-trailer trucks.
I mean this in all sincerity - disgusting.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Hometown Inn? Share your experiences!