“Best pizza experience ever” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Athens, Ohio
“Best pizza experience ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

When I first moved to Athens, I was definitely an Avalanche regular. It didn't help that I lived right down the street on Hudson Avenue, and could easily walk there. Since then, five years later, I've finally learned the art of self control and treat myself to Avalanche only occasionally. It isn't a quality issue- it's that it's too darn good to resist.

Every pizza, calzone, boulder sandwich, salad, dessert, wings- anything I've ever tried there- has been great. I've never once, in all this time, been let down. There's a reason they are the number one pizza place in Athens, and not only that, but winners of various pizza competitions. You might think they paid me to write all this, but this is just genuinely from my gastronomical experiences there. Order avalanche and you really can't go wrong.

Athens, Ohio
“Great place, favored by the locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My family loves pizza. We've been to all the usual chains (Pizza Hut, Dominos, Papa John) and Avalanche is by far the best. The crust is fresh - never frozen, unlike the big national chains. Ingredients are local, when possible. I stick with traditional toppings, but my family loves some of the more unusual toppings (BLT, for example). The point is that they offer a variety of toppings in any combination you want. We order from Avalanche a lot and they never disappoint.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
SPRINGFIELD
“Exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I am traveling through the Athens area and was looking for a good pizza. I saw the reviews on the area pizza places and decided on Avalanche. I ordered the "K 2" and asked for the green peppers to be replaced with bannana peppers. The only dissapointing part of the visit is that they wouldn't replace the topping without an "upcharge". I decided to just leave off the green peppers and eat with the pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms and onions.

The crust and sauce are distict and tast excellent. The toppings were put on heavily. Great pizza. One of the better pizzas I have had in a long time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ohio
“Pizza Athenia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Try the bread, try the pizza, by all mans try everything that they offer at the farmer's market, and keep your money local.

Visited September 2012
Athens, Ohio, United States
“Feta and Basil pesto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The cheese was wonderful, No fake plastic stuff like on some pizzas. The ingredients tasted fresh and intense.

Visited September 2012