“Poor breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Athens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Avon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My daughter is a Freshman at Ohio University and so far we have stayed at 2 different motels in Athens. Talking with other parents at her orientation it seems that "all" Athens motels have an attitude of the customer being questioned and the rooms old but relatively clean. Maybe it's because Athens is literally in the middle of nowhere and during events every room is sold at a premium and other times most rooms sit empty. Athens hold a "Parent's" weekend and a "Dad's" weekend among other events. I discovered that during "Parent's" weekend rooms sell out months in advance (we had to stay in West Virginia!), so I booked "Dad's" weekend (Nov. 9th/10th) at the Super 8 Athens location late summer. My daughter got a job since then and has to work Dad's weekend so I dug up the confirmation letter only to see any cancellations after October 25th were subject to 1 night room charge ($160+tax). It was my fault for not remembering this and actually couldn't sleep last night thinking about how dumb I was and how much money was at stake. This morning I called the Super 8 directly and the owner said I was responsible for the payment, but if someone else asked for a room he would let me know and allow the cancellation to be made. He did call me several hours later and said he found another buyer for our room and we would not be charged. He could have easily sold the room and not bothered calling me back. Although I didn't stay there this time, I will strongly consider this Super 8 next time I'm in Athens and truly appreciate the proprietor's honesty!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athens
Hampton Inn Athens
Hometown Inn
Hometown Inn
#8 of 10 in Athens
3.5 of 5 stars 28 reviews

Been to Super 8 Athens? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Athens

Address: 2091 East State Street, Athens, OH 45701
Location: United States > Ohio > Athens
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Athens
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Athens 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Wyndham, Odigeo, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Super 8 Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Athens Hotel Athens
Athens Super Eight
Athens Super 8
Super Eight Athens
Super 8 Athens Ohio

If you own or manage Super 8 Athens, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.