“Athens ohio super 8” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in Athens
MILTON
“Athens ohio super 8”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Overall quite good. Service friendly and responsive. Continental breakfast marginal. Towels as thin as tissue paper.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
CANFIELD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Upon checking in the owner of the Super 8 let me know he was upset that I booked thru the Super 8 website and got a discounted rate of $80 per night as opposed to his $92 per night rate. He made sure I knew that I would never get that rate again. Not wanting to cause this poor man a sleeples night over $12 he had to give up my wife and I just went along with his nonsense got our key cards and left for our family function. We did not put our things in the room as we were running late. Upon returning to the Super 8 for the night and going to our room we were disgusted by what we found in the beds. Hair and dirt everywhere plus large cigarette burns holes in the mattress . Since it was well after 1am and having meet the owner earlier in the day we felt it was a no win sitituation and we cleaned up the dirt and hair and went to sleep. We woke at 8am and got out of this dump. On our way out my wife let the front desk person know of our displeasure with the beds and we left. A short time later I received a phone call from the owner letting me know the room was cleaned to the Super 8 standards set via corporate policy. I will be visiting the Athens, Ohio area often and you can be sure I'll pay twice as much to stay in the Holiday Inn or the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

MK P, Manager at Super 8 Athens, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your comment on our property. Please accept our apology for any discomfort you experienced during your stay. We value our guest comments and will be discussing your concerns with our cleaning staff in our training meetings. Also of note is our property did replace all our mattress/box sets this year in May 2012 with the Simmons Beautyrest Pillowtop mattresses per Super 8 Hotels standards.
I welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay further at your convenience. Please note this comment is not the norm at our hotel and is the exception as seen with other guest comments listed below.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I am please to report an exceptional stay at this Super 8 property. I have the occasion to stay at other competior properties when traveling for work, the experience at this property was as good if not better. Our reservation was available for an early check-in and the management team was extremely helpful with processing our stay, and providing directions and guidence around Athens. The hotel was very clean, our room was in perfect condition with all amenities in place, and the temp a very comfortable (it was 90 degrees outside). All other hotel amenities were in perfect working order, the breakfast was well stocked throughout the timeframe, the common room spotless, and the staff very friendly. The overall demeanor of the hotel was quiet and peaceful with limited noise inside and outside. We will definitly make this our preferred property when traveling in the Athens area - a great experience.

Room Tip: We found "no smoking" on the second floor double queens to be more than enough room for 4...
toledo, oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights late August 2012 as we moved our daughter into her first off-campus house at OU/Athens. We were very pleased with the Athens Super 8. Rooms were very clean, beds were comfortable. Ample, big parking lot [important because I was pulling a trailer].The couple who are the franchisees were kind, friendly and very helpful. The only shortcoming is that the coffee that comes with the complimentary breakfast was not-so-good. But I am very picky about coffee. If you have reasonable expectations for a Super 8, this place will probably exceed them. Highly recommended if you need a quiet, clean, comfortable place to sleep while you have things to do during the day. I would stay there again without hesitation. [fwiw, my wife and I are normally Hilton/Hyatt upscale type of lodgers.] this is *not* a resort, but i am entirely satisfied with our stay. -ebk

Room Tip: Try to get a second floor room with an even number. I think the view may be more pleasant than odd...
Springfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The water quality at this Super 8 is the best I have ever experienced. This was a 4 day vacation for us and the rooms were super clean and the experience was excellent. After a day hiking, it was great to come back here to clean up. The internet was fast. I would highly recommend this hotel - great room at a great rate....! The staff was super nice and very helpful. And, did i say they had great, soft water? This appears to have kept the bathroom in great shape!

Room Tip: Ask for what you want- they gave us a nice room w/ ref & microwave...!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Athens? Share your experiences!