“Great Value, Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 hotels in Athens
Sylvania, Ohio
“Great Value, Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Clean room and bathroom. Really liked the free wi-fi and fridge/microwave in our room. Great value for the price and on a busy weekend. Good breakfast food choices. Only complaints are the lack of highchairs and drinking water (hand wash sink only) in the continental breakfast area.

Room Tip: Second floor in main building are quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
My name is Krunal Patel and I am the General Manager for the Knights Inn Athens, OH . I wanted to thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor. At the hotel we strive to offer the best in customer service and satisfaction. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and were Satisfied with your stay! We have ordered high chair for breakfast area. It is always nice to hear that our hard work is paying off! When you travel into the Athens area again, please contact me directly to make your reservations. Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Knights Inn Athens, Ohio.

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Admittedly, I wasn't sure what to expect, buy my wife and I were very happy with the facility.
Rooms were quite large for that style of property; with a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. Everything was clean and comfortable. Sure, it's outdated, but frankly I liked the retro feel of it all. It's a college town, people shouldn't expect a Ritz-Carlton.
Check-in and checkout were very efficient.
I didn't use their free Wi-Fi, but they had it.

Probably the best deal in Athens for price and quality, I'll definitely consider staying there again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts about our hotel. We take great pride in cleanliness and service. I am pleased to hear that check-in and checkout procedure is smooth from our end. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon!
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is not a fancy hotel, but the value was amazing. The staff is efficient and knowledgeable; the room was amazingly clean; bathroom impeccable with GOOD Towels; fridge and microwave in room...Did I mention how clean the room even smelled when we opened the door? This is a small old motel with vintage knotty pine paneling and vintage ceramic tile bath...will definitely stay there again and recommend to anyone who wants cleanliness and good service over new decor!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
It was a pleasure having you all stay with us! I apologies as we are an older property but as you said we love to go above and beyond by providing excellent hospitality service. We look forward to seeing you all again in the near future.Please contact me directly to book your next stay when you are in our area again!

Krunal Patel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

While it wasn't a terrible place, the rooms were pretty outdated. Dark wood panel walls made it feel more like staying in a cabin. Even with all the lights on, the room was very dim because of the paneled walls. While very clean, the bathroom had some eyesore spots, like cracking where the wall meets the floor under the sink that had been slathered full of caulking, trying to cover it up. The fridge in my particular room was kinda noisy.

But given all those less than perfect features, there were some bright spots. The staff was very friendly. The bed was without question the most comfortable hotel/motel bed I've ever slept in. The heat and a/c worked well. The wireless Internet worked like a charm, with good speed and strong signal. And the location was very close to several stores and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased you mentioned our friendly staff at our hotel. I really appreciate your comments regarding the amenities we have to offer that am pleased to hear that the bed, bed bedding, and pillows were comfortable for your stay.I truly value your feedback as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will try to address these points mentioned in your comments and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Knights Inn Athens soon.
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here while we were visiting out kids at OSU. Nice location, its a family owned busniess. Very Hard work family and very nice staff and clean rooms. GREAT breakfast... juice and coffee was very FRESH.. I would for sure go and stay here until my kids are in college in Athens. ONLY 1.7 MILES FROM CAMPUS....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
It is so nice to hear our gracious service is very well received for your stay with us. We are all delighted to know our family members was able to help you out. I want to personally thank you for the 5 star rating you gave us in your review. It is much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and please come back to see us soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

The employees were very friendly and courteous at this hotel They went out of their way to help my family with a unique situation. I would highly recommend staying here when you visit Athens. The people at the front desk were efficient given it was a very busy night for parents weekend.

• Stayed September 2012
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your valuable comments.I have passed feedback to our front desk staff. I would love for you to come back and continue to share your positive experience with others.
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This place sure looks old as the Building is old but the rooms are NOT!!!! its very clean and the staff was very freindly. The lobby was very clean, as we checked in late at night it was quick and the front desk person was very friendly and gave all the infomation we needed ( breakfast, internet, check out etc ) walked in the room which smelled clean and fresh linens on the bed and the matter was just nice and cozy. Breakfast was GREAT!!! lot ot pick from. My husband loved the coffee and kids loved the juice and muffins. we enjoyed our stay here. i would for sure come back and stay here. Its perfect for family travling with kids.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a 7 start hotel then this is not the place for you, but if u are looking for...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
My name is Krunal Patel and I am the General Manager for the Knights Inn, Athens, OH . I wanted to thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and were satisfied with your stay! It is always nice to hear that our hard work is paying off! When you travel into the Athens area again, please contact me directly to make your reservations. Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the knights Inn Athens.

Been to Knights Inn Athens? Share your experiences!