“Great service!” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   997 East State Street, Athens, OH 45701   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Athens
“Great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

The employees were very friendly and courteous at this hotel They went out of their way to help my family with a unique situation. I would highly recommend staying here when you visit Athens. The people at the front desk were efficient given it was a very busy night for parents weekend.

• Stayed September 2012
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your valuable comments.I have passed feedback to our front desk staff. I would love for you to come back and continue to share your positive experience with others.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This place sure looks old as the Building is old but the rooms are NOT!!!! its very clean and the staff was very freindly. The lobby was very clean, as we checked in late at night it was quick and the front desk person was very friendly and gave all the infomation we needed ( breakfast, internet, check out etc ) walked in the room which smelled clean and fresh linens on the bed and the matter was just nice and cozy. Breakfast was GREAT!!! lot ot pick from. My husband loved the coffee and kids loved the juice and muffins. we enjoyed our stay here. i would for sure come back and stay here. Its perfect for family travling with kids.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a 7 start hotel then this is not the place for you, but if u are looking for...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
My name is Krunal Patel and I am the General Manager for the Knights Inn, Athens, OH . I wanted to thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and were satisfied with your stay! It is always nice to hear that our hard work is paying off! When you travel into the Athens area again, please contact me directly to make your reservations. Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the knights Inn Athens.
Riner, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Since I was on a long trip and only needed a place to sleep, I used the reviews for all of the Athens hotels to pick a simple, inexpensive place. However, when I got to Knight's Inn, my heart sank, as it was obviously a very old motel located close to a busy street. But things began looking up when I went in to register. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The room interior also showed the age of the property, as the walls and ceiling were wood paneled and that made the room fairly dark. However, there had been some recent updates, and while the decor was far from sophisticated, everything was clean and comfortable. It even had some amenities that were not available in a more expensive property in a different chain where I stayed earlier in my trip. This room had both a small refrigerator with freezer and a small microwave, both very useful when you are carrying food with you, as I often do.

The location on the street turned out not to be a problem, as the air conditioner created enough white noise that I didn't hear anything. Since it's also the heating unit in cold weather, and has fan settings, it should be fine in any season.

Breakfast was a very basic continental, but adequate. However, the coffee was some of the worst I have ever had. Fortunately, there is a Starbucks in the Kroger grocery down the street. There are also several chain restaurants in the area which are fine for a quick dinner.

I thought the price was very fair for what I got.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
My name is Krunal Patel and i am the General Manager of Knights Inn, Athens. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor. Our management team takes all guest feedback seriously. I am glad that you were satisfied with the staff and the level of customer service that was provided. I understand that the hotel is lacking some upgraded materials. Renovation of outside decor has been planned and will happen in next year. All of our rooms are occupied with small refrigerator with freezer and a small microwave, Coffe maker which are very convinent for our customers. Thanks for your comments regarding breakfast and we are working with vendor of coffee .Again Thank you for your review, your business and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Knights Inn Athens Ohio.
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This by far is the worst hotel I could have stayed at. I ended up leaving due to sanitary reasons. My asthma allowed me to breathe in the filth for a few minutes before complaining and leaving. I am not sure what the "management" means by speaking with their staff and better training in housekeeping dept as stated below the past reviews, but I agree with the last 2 reviews. It goes WAY beyond training and customer service. I mean, when an employee tells you "DON'T EVER BOOK AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN" There are no second chances. My sister and I were treated HORRIBLY and no amount of money or pleading would ever get me to even consider staying here. PLEASE do yourselves a favor and book at a reputable place where they will treat you with respect and not just look at the $$$ signs. The response was all lies and they were able to reverse my payment within a minute(grudgingly)... My family is in a service company and we would NEVER think of treating people the way we were treated. I believe in karma and this Knights Inn should be shut down for what they have put out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham, AL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I booked this hotel online. reading the past reviews, I figured we would be safe for an overnighter. We were to check in late so I called to make sure this would be fine. We arrived on a Thursday night/early friday morning at 12:30am. We went to the front office and had to pick up a phone to get someone to came to the window. I asked the older woman for some toothpaste. She simply said "we no longer provide toothpaste..people steal it, but you can use mine.." Uh, my reply. "No thanks, I will visit walmart in the morning". Yes, the office area is very dated. That typically does not stop me from giving the place a try. We got into our room which was dark with wood paneled walls. It smelled of must and old smoke. (We specifically asked for a nonsmoking room) My sister went to the bathroom to take her contacts out. She returned and I went in to use the restroom. There was fecal matter on the seat and clumps of hair behind the door.I was immediately grossed out. I came out and my sister had pulled the bedspread down to reveal the back, which was supposed to be white was filthy dirty and anything BUT white. We picked our bags up and put them in the car. We went back to the office where again, I had to pick the "phone" up. This time a different woman "Tina" came out. I could hear a child crying behind the wall and noticed pen markings on the wall behind the desk. I told her first about the smell/smoke smell in the room. She offered us another one. i declined and said we would move on. She looks at me and says. This rate (55.00) is nonrefundable. I said well the condition of the room is not what I would pay 55.00 for. She said I would have to contact the manager in the morning. I said I was not leaving until I got my refund. She was slamming stuff around and shuffling papers and grudgingly gave me my $ back. I took a card and asked her name. We flew out of there and I was itching by this point. we went up the road to the Hampton. My sister went in to get the room. My cell phone rang x2. i recognized the # from when I called earlier. I didn't answer until the 3rd call came in. It was "Tina" and she says she is charging my card because we used the room. Soap (to wash the filth off my hands) and the bed (bedspread pulled down). SHe threatened me for another 10 or so minutes until I threatened her back I was calling the police and they would handle it. SHe hung up with "Don't ever book at m y hotel again" I say GLADLY...In fact I am writing this to let others know how disgusting this place is. I am by no means a princess, but a clean place to stay is necessary for me. THIS WAS NOT. I also called my credit card company at 1:30am to let them know this transaction might be made again. I also called Athens county health Dept. I hope someday they get a "surprise visit" I agree with MRRudy_12. SO NASTY!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't waste ur time here,Hampton is double price but worth it. For a good nights rest and hot br...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor. Our management team takes all guest feedback seriously. We would like to apologize on behalf of our housekeeping department due to lacking in our usual high standards. We will be addressing your inconveniences with the housekeeping department and will be going over the performance standards with the employees to ensure we provide a clean, comfortable environment for our guests.We are embarrassed on our end and assure you that if you had spoke with a member of management, they were willing to help you with any questions and concerns you may have at that time.In many instances, we are not able to process any nonrefundable reservation due to strict travel policies.The management team here at Knights Inn, Athens, Ohio hopes you might give us another try so that we might be able to fulfill any requests you should present to us for your next stay. Please just let us know when booking and we will try our hardest! Thanks again for providing this feedback - it really helps us improve for the future.

Kind regards,
Knights Inn Managment
montville ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

When we got into the room it had a stale air smell to it, my wife went to use the bathroom and the toilet seat had p**p on top of it. (How the cleaning person missed this I dont know) there was no alarm clock,. It was so bad my son wanted to sleep in the car! Dont the hotel companies check out their motels? Also walls were so thin you could here people snoring in the next room. NO more knights inn for this family

Room Tip: Pay the extra price and stay elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Knights Inn Athens Ohio. The quality of the product you received from our Housekeeping team was not our standards. We are currently using your review to coach our staff to make sure each stay over guest receives the same level of service each day during their stay. Also I apologize your alarm clock was removed.We have ensure that each room has alarm clock at this time.We also had Wake up call service in each room.If you had bring this issue during your stay then front desk clerk would have been happy to look into changing your room after you found it did not meet your standards. Whether or not another room was available at the time I cannot be sure of, but if this was brought to their attention you may have received accommodations that did meet your expectations.Thank you again for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Knights Inn Athens. We only hope you might reconsider and give us a second chance.

Been to Knights Inn Athens? Share your experiences!