“the most disgusting unsafe place” 1 of 5 stars

Economy Inn & Suites
2329 North Ridge East, Ashtabula, OH 44004   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Ashtabula B&B and Inns
massachusetts
“the most disgusting unsafe place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

i cannot give this hotel a rating as i had booked it for my daughter as she was driving to chicago-when she arrived at the hotel the room 'reeked' of cigarette smoke and there were dead flies in the bathroom and flecks of something black in the toilet--they did reimburse her 40 or the 62.00 yet stated they went to the room after and there were not dead flies and the toilet was clean==she felt totally unsafe and had to book another hotel--

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I didn't want to touch anything! There were wholes in the bathroom wall groom the doorknob, and a screw sticking out of the bottom of the wall for a doorstop. The bed spread had multiple cigarette burns on it, and as soon as you walk in the room it wreaked of cigarette smoke. I would rather slept in the car....

• Stayed August 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel still uses actual keys for the doors, which operate the only lock. As I'm a musician and I was traveling with my (very expensive) instrument, I ended up blocking the door with a chair. There was no breakfast, I had to steal WiFi from the gas station next door, and someone got arrested in the parking lot as I was checking out. Ooh, and the office smelled like curry. (That part was actually good.)

That being said, I got a cheap, clean room with no notice. The room itself was totally fine. One bed, decent cable, a fridge/microwave combo, and a bathroom that worked. For a place to stay in the middle of a road trip, it worked perfectly. I wouldn't recommend it if you're planning on spending more than eight hours there, though.

Room Tip: Don't bring your valuables...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
mayfield heights, ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

i have stayed in many motels. this one was horrible and overpriced. 2 people, 1 chair, no tables, bed was terrible. paying over 30.00 was too much.worst place i ever stayed in. do not book a room here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

THE OWNER IS NEVER AVAILABLE. I had to call them 5 times and they still refused to credit my account. I booked through Hotels .com. I finally had to contact my credit-card co to get this resolved.
THE BEDS ARE HARD AS A ROCK!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Brewer, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

We booked our room over a month in advance. We had planned to just sleep the night and keep travelling through. Their website thought we were checking the night we booked and charged us. When I called, they offered to write "PAID" on the bill so we'd be all set when we got there. We got there and it was ridiculous. You check in from behind police glass and the guy in front of us was getting a money order. My husband asked to use the restroom and they didn't have any. Their lobby area is a small 6x6 space surrounded by police glass. When she looked us up she just stared at our check in sheet for like 3 solid minutes and then told us she didn't have our room. The one we had booked a month before. Someone had been staying there for 3 weeks and they were still there. We told her we wanted a refund and we were going elsewhere. She told us the night manager would issue the refund and it would be on our card in 7-14 days. 3 weeks later, still nothing.

She did tell us there was a full sized room we could have. I would have hoped that by staring at the sheet so long that she would have picked up that it was 2 adults and a child. We politely declined. She could not have cared less about any of this.

Seriously, go anywhere else. We ended up driving a couple more minutes and stayed at America's Best Value Inn on the Ashtabula/Austinburg line. Best choice ever. The owner was at the front desk in the morning to check us out. She and her husband operate it with a small staff. Go there instead.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

Do not stay at this motel. It is filthy and disgusting. The bedspread had, and I counted, 12 huge cigarette burns on it. There was a pair of mens underwear on the floor in my room, along with several hairs on the pillow, that were not mine. It had obviously not been cleaned. There is no kind of lock, other than a simple turn lock on the very budget doorknob. No chain, no bolt. The shower rod is hung backwards, curving in rather than out. The towels were so old, you could practically see through them. The carpet was filthy and the walls were stained with big brown drips of...puke? blood? The worst place I have ever stayed.

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Economy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!