“CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD FOR ADDITIONAL NIGHT!” 1 of 5 stars

Economy Inn & Suites
2329 North Ridge East, Ashtabula, OH 44004   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Ashtabula B&B and Inns
Akron, Ohio
“CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD FOR ADDITIONAL NIGHT!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

THE OWNER IS NEVER AVAILABLE. I had to call them 5 times and they still refused to credit my account. I booked through Hotels .com. I finally had to contact my credit-card co to get this resolved.
THE BEDS ARE HARD AS A ROCK!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Brewer, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

We booked our room over a month in advance. We had planned to just sleep the night and keep travelling through. Their website thought we were checking the night we booked and charged us. When I called, they offered to write "PAID" on the bill so we'd be all set when we got there. We got there and it was ridiculous. You check in from behind police glass and the guy in front of us was getting a money order. My husband asked to use the restroom and they didn't have any. Their lobby area is a small 6x6 space surrounded by police glass. When she looked us up she just stared at our check in sheet for like 3 solid minutes and then told us she didn't have our room. The one we had booked a month before. Someone had been staying there for 3 weeks and they were still there. We told her we wanted a refund and we were going elsewhere. She told us the night manager would issue the refund and it would be on our card in 7-14 days. 3 weeks later, still nothing.

She did tell us there was a full sized room we could have. I would have hoped that by staring at the sheet so long that she would have picked up that it was 2 adults and a child. We politely declined. She could not have cared less about any of this.

Seriously, go anywhere else. We ended up driving a couple more minutes and stayed at America's Best Value Inn on the Ashtabula/Austinburg line. Best choice ever. The owner was at the front desk in the morning to check us out. She and her husband operate it with a small staff. Go there instead.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

Do not stay at this motel. It is filthy and disgusting. The bedspread had, and I counted, 12 huge cigarette burns on it. There was a pair of mens underwear on the floor in my room, along with several hairs on the pillow, that were not mine. It had obviously not been cleaned. There is no kind of lock, other than a simple turn lock on the very budget doorknob. No chain, no bolt. The shower rod is hung backwards, curving in rather than out. The towels were so old, you could practically see through them. The carpet was filthy and the walls were stained with big brown drips of...puke? blood? The worst place I have ever stayed.

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Eastlake, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

I am very upset with the Economy Inn and Suites which I reserved over this past weekend for 1 night consisting of July 3-4 ,it was not a smoking room which I booked for .

I found no safety lock on the door ,someone had not cleaned the bath room sink and hair was found in the sink,the bowed shower curtain holder was on backwards and it bowed into the shower instead of holding the shower curtain out wards,one of the bed spreads still had the stickers on it when it was purchased from the store ,the sticker said full size and to beat everything else which disgusted us to no end early Sunday morning when we awoke I pulled the dresser drawer open and found a half eaten sub sandwich which was still in the wrapper which was purchased from the Sheetz gas station right next to the hotel and the opened wrapper from a condom ,there was no condom in the wrapper but the wrapper was still in the dresser drawer.

We called the management which they came into our room and showed them these discrepencies and nothing was done about it ,not even an apology was giving to us or some type of discount .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Economy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!