“from outside of amherst looking in, not all that impressive” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dayton, Ohio
“from outside of amherst looking in, not all that impressive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

First of all, let me preface this by saying I haven't eaten at Cork's in over 2 years. We had our wedding shower/engagement party at Cork's before they were open and the menu has completely changed since then. That having been said, this time around I was not as equally impressed by the actual taste of the food. Inventive, yes. Tasty, not quite there. Ambiance is nice for downtown Amherst, and there is a very nice selection of wine and beers available from next door. I can appreciate a rotating menu, as to allow for flexibility in chef's ideas, however the few "wow" items I can remember from years ago were not available. To me, it seems to be a no-brainer to keep the memorable dishes?

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Vermilion, Ohio
“Alternative to high priced dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Excellent mouth-watering food, excellent presentation and excellent service. Our six-person dining party considered the quality of our meals comparable to a local high-end, very expensive, French restaurant at a third of the price. Two of the couples live in Colorado and California and have traveled extensively giving them a broad base of dining experiences.

• Visited August 2013
Amherst, Ohio, United States
“We like this place....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

With nicer rests. being scarce in the surrounding area, this one is very nice. If you don't feel like the upscale, you can go next door to Stubby's. Bar atmosphere but still great food.

Can;t believe the one bad review. Probably a competing rest or ex employee, because we have been here many many times, by ourselves and with friends, and it was Always pleasant and good.
Great wine list. Many good beers and good food.
We gave my son a gift certificate for xmas and he and his wife drove out from Avon Lake. They said it was excellent. And they, unlike my wife and I, always find the upscale placed to eat. Typical Yuppies. LOL...

• Visited July 2013
Wellington, Ohio
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We went here after the restaurant we were going to go to in Oberlin was closed due to a power outage. We just kept driving North and happened to find this place on our GPS. We were very impressed with both the food and the service. Our waitress (Jen- I think) was very helpful with recomendations. I loved everything she suggested. The Strawberry salad was fresh and tasted like a burst of summer! I would highly recommend.. we will be returning!

• Visited July 2013
Elyria, Ohio
“Love patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Great food and atmosphere, tons of wine choices and great martini's.
Love how the whole place opens up to the outside.

Visited June 2013