“Surprisingly good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Alliance
Saint Paul, Indiana
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

This is nice - the Inn is being remodeled. They have a pool and weight room, a very nice lady at the front desk. The room is great. It is near all the stores and restaurants. This great because this a small area.I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Waynesville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago. The change from then to now was amazing. I enjoyed my stay then, but this was a great transformation. At my last visit there was a parking lot that needed repair, upon my arrival they where working on the parking lot. As I checked in, I learned they where under construction for remodel. I was lucky to get a new room. It was on the fourth floor. The room was very clean. There was very nice interior, new carpet. The bed was super nice, very inviting crisp bedding. After my night sleep, I decided the bed was one of the best I've stayed in at a hotel. I went to the breakfast. Which was the same as last visit. Great! They had a large selection for breakfast and the coffee was good. This hotel also has a large indoor pool, and the hotel is attached to a mall that has a theater. I would say this is one of the best hotels to stay at in the area.
Laura L.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Beaufort, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

My brother and I spend a couple of weeks a year up there and the hotel staff and management is always curtious and friendly. I really like the fact that the mall is attached to the hotel to eat and catch a late night movie. Richard and roderick branfield clearwater florida.

• Stayed May 2013
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed here for one night about a month ago, and as the title implies, had very mixed feelings about this hotel. It did not start off well; the address for this hotel suggests that the hotel is located on State Street, when in fact, it is off of State Street and found around the back side of Carnation Mall. Furthermore, the first impression that is given by the shockingly destroyed parking lot is not necessarily positive. Once I got into the hotel, the lobby was decent; there was nothing that made me super impressed, but I wasn't turned away by it, and the staff was friendly at check-in. However, getting up to my room was definitely a positive turn of events. It appeared that, unlike the parking lot and the lobby, the room had been completely renovated recently! The flooring, wall paper, bedding, decor, and furniture appeared to be new (or within a year or so), and I was perfectly happy to be spending the night there. Breakfast in the morning was good, and no problems checking out. Overall, I don't know if I would stay here again if I was back in Alliance, but I would not be opposed to it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Sanford, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a hotel we want to like. In it's day it was a very nice, well laid out building. The rooms are fairly large and well appointed with a king sized bed and sitting area with sofa and coffee table, desk with free wi fi, flat screen tv, etc., as you'd expect in a Comfort Inn. There is a large indoor swimming pool with a good sized whirlpool. The building is solid concrete construction which we appreciated when there were tornado warnings in the area. There is a covered walkway to the adjacent shopping center with good and interesting shopping and a movie theater. Restaurants are available within walking distance or a short drive. Walmart is almost next door. We generally look around when we plan a trip to the Alliance area but always come back to the Comfort Inn. Why? It is convenient, economical and though some areas look dingy upon inspection passed our "Is it clean?" test. Our room and bathroom were clean and pleasant. The breakfast was very good and well supplied. The management has obviously been painting and updating. So why the Average rating? First, when you drive in there is a huge parking lot and not a tree or shrub in site. The parking lot is old broken pavement and gives the impression of an old and poorly maintained place. And there is no clear direction for getting to the front door. Second, when you walk in there is nothing that makes you go WOW and feel good like you have found an oasis in the middle of a crumbling parking lot. Attractive appointments in the lobby area are needed. A glass wall separates the pool from the lobby area which immediately forces you to look at the pool. My suggestion would be to wall most of it off to make the lobby more inviting but let it be known a pool is there. During our last two visits there were a large number of well driller clients. My only complaint is they would let their large trucks idle for long periods and though they parked them on the other side of the parking lot the constant rumble was annoying. We will most likely return to the Comfort Inn when we return to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the huge parking lot to avoid the rumble of trucks.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We booked our room last minute. We 1st went to the holiday inn express down the road, but they were booked. We called comfort inn to see if they had rooms. They only had 2 rooms left! We got a non smoking Jacuzzi room. Paid $120 for it. Lobby was nice. Elevator was at far end of hallway. The hallway seemed a lil dirty. Some doors looks like they were patched up. The room itself was clean but outdated. Some tv channels were fuzzy. The Jacuzzi took forever to fill. The fittings were a lil loose. Around 3am, people in the next room came back from a bar. They were so loud n it seemed like the walls were paper thin. It sounded like the people were actually in our room! We could hear every word. Coffee machine was in the room on top of fridge with no close outlet. The cover of the outlet by the bed was broken. The breakfast was average. The breakfast attendant was very friendly and helpful. Average hotel just needs updating.

• Stayed August 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

The lobby was nice but the hallway to the room was dirty,the room itself was just Okay, odor of stale smoke but was better when the air was on. The carpet was dirty looking,the room just didn't seem as nice as we'd thought it be.Some of the TVs channels were fuzzy,but that was probably more the cable. It was an alright stay but for the price the room could have been better.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!