“New Years Eve package 2012, Super Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Akron-Fairlawn

You added Holiday Inn Akron-Fairlawn to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Akron-Fairlawn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4073 Medina Road, I-77 (Exit 137A) & ST.RT. 18, Akron, OH 44333   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Akron
Canton, Ohio
“New Years Eve package 2012, Super Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Super Value, we had called all around the Akron Canton area for New Years Eve package. We were very satisfied. Rooms were clean and ready 15 minutes prior to check in. At the party the appetizers were sufficient. Dinner buffet had chicken, salmon and prime rib also salad and plenty of sides. The womens bathroom was just as you exit the dance floor. Very important. New Years favors were a plenty at your assigned table. Late check out next day at 3pm. We had called for more towels and they were there in 2 min. We would attend again and all staff, great

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sterling Heights, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel is reliable and easy-to-get-to. My company and a competitor both use it for seminars. The sleeping rooms are always fine and were recently upgraded. The shower design is dumb - there's a non-moving glass door that covers half the shower area, so one must step into the shower to turn it on, which means one is first drenched with cold water. The sinks are a modern bowl style mounted on a counter and they are a little too high. The staff is very polite and usually gives a breakfast coupon and a free drink coupon to Priority Club Gold members.

Room Tip: If you're using a meeting room, be careful of the Directors Room. It's a private room off th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Athens, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was pleased with the service, easy check in and check out. No hassle with my older parents that have issues walking. Changed rooms for my parents benefit without me even asking. Our rooms were clean, I checked before I agreed to stay. It seems to be an older hotel but I was treated better than at most higher priced hotels recently. Lots of places near to eat, shop, or what ever else that is needed when far from home. I did not hear the traffic some stated was a problem, and the water was so hot I took a great shower just like I was home. My sister payed for the rooms so my dad could get to the Cleavland Clinic for his appointments and she is pleased that it was good stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Reckange, Mersch, Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here for the 2nd time this year. The decor does look a little tired, but the staff are amazing. With Priority Club, the simple breakfast is free - good for those of us on a diet. My room was very clean, bathroom spotless and daily cleaning was done efficiently. Great place for getting to many restaurants all within 10 mins drive. The only problem is that the TVs are not controlled re volume. Parents next door to mine left their kids in with the TV blasting away ... walls must be a bit thin. To give them their due, a complaint to the front desk ended with someone coming along to bring me peace. This is the place for me to stay during my business trips to Akron. And I'll be back in October!

Room Tip: I prefer rooms above the 2nd floor and at the end of the corridoors. That way you only have one neig...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I am staying at this hotel for several days. It was booked and paid for by my employer. If it was my money, I would have left after the 1st evening. The rooms are dirty and in poor condition. I had a strange water stain running down one wall which appeared to have been hastily pasted over with scraps of wallpaper. Several of my coworkers complained about offensive odors in their rooms. The "haunted" shower mysteriously goes from hot to scalding to ice cold and everything between all on its own.

The ammenities are terrible. The wifi is laughable, as it often takes several mInutes to fully download a page such as Google or Wikipedia. As said earlier, forget attempting iTunes or Netflix (I attempted to download a movie the first night and was treated to an estimated time of over 21,000 minutes... It was about 14.5 days when I did the math). I'm not sure which is more offensive, that the Holiday Inn offers this to their guests or that the Holiday Inn pays a company to provide this "service".

The front desk staff seemed exasperated by the state of the hotel. They appeared to me to have an attitude based on "it is what it is...just accept it". It actually reminded me of the defeated staff attitude I experienced at some eastern European and Russian hotels I have stayed at.

The gym consists of an elliptical that screeches and moans with every stroke and two treadmills. The equipment is packed into the room so tightly, the machines can't face the same way.

The bar / restaurant is passable. The service at the bar was actually pretty good and the servers / bar tenders seemed to actually care about their customers experience. The food was decent enough.

Strangely enough, there is an unaffiliated top notch steak house attached to the hotel. The Hyde Park is a well respected chain of very good steak houses where you can get great service and awesome steaks. The fact that it is attached to this hotel is bizarre in the extreme. However, my reccomendation would be to stay at the Hampton Inn and walk the extra 100 yards to the Hyde Park.

• Stayed September 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I would not recommend staying at this hotel. Terrible service and smelly rooms. Old and dirty. When I checked in I was sent to four different rooms, because every, room I was sent to hadn't been cleaned and this at 11:30 at night. No hot water and had to take cold showers everyday. There Internet doesn't work either. And all they would say is " oh sorry". Don't stay here, there are other hotels in the area that look a lot nicer.

• Stayed August 2012
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Read some negative reviews of the hotel, so was a bit skeptical. The only complaint that I had for the hotel is that the hall/corrider area looked like it needed some paint or wallpaper. Otherwise the room was nice and looked recently remodeled. I would stay there again for business and thought it was a good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Akron-Fairlawn? Share your experiences!