“If I Ever Need A Place To Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Akron-Fairlawn

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Akron-Fairlawn to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Akron-Fairlawn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4073 Medina Road, I-77 (Exit 137A) & ST.RT. 18, Akron, OH 44333   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 11 hotels in Akron
Toledo
“If I Ever Need A Place To Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I think this facility is one of the BEST I've stayed at.The staff, Shawn, Dennis & Markeith are the GREATEST!!! They ALL NEED A RAISE, especially to put up with me.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Spring Hill, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Front desk staff need some refresher training on hospitality, rooms decent.
Luckily the bartender Shaun made up for most of the property's shortcomings.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

My husband, daughter, and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Akron-Fairlawn during soap box derby week. I acted as the liaison between our local families and the Akron All American Race so it was kind of a working vacation. What an experience!! The hotel staff were tremendous!! Anything we needed, all we had to do was ask. There were some difficulties with all of their ice machines; but you put that many people in a hotel during one of the hottest weeks of the summer, and you may run out of ice.

The derby activities were fun and the surrounding area offered other activities such as a zoo, amusement park, water park, and of course the NFL and Rock -n- Roll Halls of Fame (just to mention a few).

People throughout this city were great. From the local Walmart to the restaurants, to even a passerby helping with directions! Our deepest thanks!

What a wonderful trip!! Thank you to the people of Akron for making our trip a memorable one!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011 via mobile

A little high in price considering the newer hotels in the area. Hallways and room walls need updating. Bedding was fresh and comfortable. Bathrooms have been updated. Desk staff was okay. We checked in after 11pm and were sent to wrong room. Our attempts to open door scared the occupant, and we exhausted had to go back to lobby in search of the right room. Think we should have had our breakfast comped for that. Think at this price and the nearby competition that the breakfast should come with the room.

• Stayed June 2011
tdonn75676, General Manager at Holiday Inn Akron-Fairlawn, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Akron/West, I want to thank you for taking the time voice your concerns regarding your stay. We pride ourselves on excellent guest service, and when we fall short we need to take action. I assure you that your feedback will be used to ensure that these issuses don't happen again. Please contact me at the hotel directly, so that we may discuss these concerns in further detail.

Tom Donnelly, General Manager
Detroit suburb, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

My daughter and I had booked here through a discount travel site. They had this listed as a 3 star, not so much...its a 2 star if that, the rooms are updated but we found hair in both beds and in the bathroom. They tried to move us and out of 4 rooms all had hair on the bed. That is disgusting. We ended up getting a refund and moved on to the nicer hotel Courtyard. If cleanliness is important to you, look elsewhere!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

I would like to share my dislike and disappointment during my recent stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel in Akron, OH (Akron-West). I am a senior Army service member and travel a lot to conduct military business in several states and choose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites due to such excellent service received at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Hope Mills, NC. I chose to stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel in Akron, OH (Akron-West) due to that particular reason thinking that my stay would be just as pleasant considering it was a Holiday Inn. To my surprise and extreme disappointment which I will identify later in this feedback, I will never stay at this hotel again and probably will not stay at another Holiday Inn ever. If it isn’t a Holiday Inn Express & Suites, I will take my business elsewhere.
The front desk staff was not professional; they were somewhat non-attentive and did not even recognize my Platinum Priority Club status. I was not asked for it nor was any additional upgrade options offered when I presented my card to them. It was as if they were doing me a favor by checking me in and allowing me to stay at the hotel.
This hotel seemed to make a feeble attempt at trying to upgrade the guest rooms but putting minimal efforts at doing so. I have stayed at other hotels that were just as old and completed renovations to give their hotel a new facelift and the renovations done at this hotel should have been call a bandage instead of new renovations. The room amenities were outdated (i.e... TV, iron, no microwave or coffee pot). Instead of completely renovating the tub/shower combo, they chose to install a vinyl shower insert with a fixed half glass (not appealing, shottie workmanship and water sprays out of open half of fixed half door). The room reaps of oldness due to the outdated, smelly carpet. In short as I stated initially, I was extremely disappointed and will never stay at this hotel again and probably will not stay at another Holiday Inn ever.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

The Holiday Inn West was really just an average place to stay with an above average price. They has a 15% surcharge for the weekend, which put us at $160 for the night.
The employees were very nice. The free breakfast was pretty good. The beds were ok and the TV was older. The outdoor pool was old but it provided a nice place to hang out and relax.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Akron-Fairlawn? Share your experiences!