“This place is scary!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 11 hotels in Akron
Barrie
“This place is scary!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

NO security as exterior doors did not lock at night. NO outdoor lighting what so ever beyong the very front of hotel. Our room had no secondary lock just the electronic and deadlock. ANYONE with a keycard could have gotten in to the room. This was a one night travel so we didn't look farther but I'll never book it again. As an addition the spiders (2) in the bathroom were bigger then wolf spiders. No a good thing. YES it's under renovation but really! Another beat up location.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

My Family of 16 people we decided to stay in this hotel because it look nice in the pictures, but evething is fake, its discusting, smelly, the housekeeping crew is lazy. they change us from one ugly room to another, it was late so we decided to stay anyways, i definetely not recomend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010 via mobile

The staff at this hotel was friendlier than most, however, the quality of the hotel itself is rather disappointing. No wireless access available in our room, so we had to resort to the oddly-placed ethernet port behind the bed. Room itself was comfortable, however, whoever designed the shower must not have realized that some humans grow taller than 5'10". Pool was also disgusting. Decent value I suppose...just don't go in with high expectations.

• Stayed August 2010
Zanesville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

I was very suprised by the way I was treated from the minute I called to make my reservation until I had checked out. The clerk who made my reservation was also the clerk who checked me in. Barbara had a very pleasant and out going personality and treated me with great respect. She is a great asset to your motel. The room was very clean and ready when I arrived. I had stayed at a Raddison the night before for a much higher rate and the rooms were almost identical. The Radisson did not include a continental breakfast with their room. When I need a room in the Akron area in the future I will be staying at the Best Western.
Thank You for a Pleasant and Refreshing night of rest.

Jeff

Stayed May 2008
KS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2008

Not only was the hotel disgusting the house keeping staff were rude, loud, and woke us up every morning during our stay! The room reeked of mold and there were giant holes in our mattresses. Pubic hair was found on towels and in the bathroom. The only food option around the hotel is a gas station Subway. I highly recommend NOT STAYING HERE!!!!

• Stayed February 2008
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2006

Our group stayed at this hotel while in Akron for a meet. We pre-booked 6 rooms but upon arrival they only had us down for three, luckily they had extra's available. One of our group took a bath and we recieved a call from the front desk asking if someone was showering without the curtain in the tub because the room below us was reporting a leak. When we got up in the morning most of the group had no hot water for showers. We spoke with other guests and they had the same story. We arrived back at the hotel late (11:30pm) from our meet only to find they had re-coded all the room keys even though they knew we were staying another night. Again in the morning there was not enough hot water for showers.

Stayed January 2006
Delmont, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2005

I am not a Best Western fan, having been to a few that were not clean or comfortable. However, my daughter and I were visiting in Tallmadge, OH and needed to stay somewhere close. Since this motel is right off Interstate 76 at Gilchrist Road and practically in Tallmadge (other choices are Kent and Akron/Canton), we decided to give it a chance. And are we ever glad we did! From the outside it looks like it might be deserted or not open, but that is because a restaurant that is attached to the motel has closed and it fronts the property. The motel has been recently renovated and is one of the cleanest places I have stayed in regardless of price. The rooms are very large (we had 2 queen beds), the bathroom small but with tons of counter space and a clean tub/shower. This is one motel I felt I could actually take a bath in the tub if I wanted to. The lobby is small but neat and has a nice wide staircase to the upper floor. All the outside doors are security-locked and need a room card to open them. The complimentary Continental breakfast was excellent with a variety of rolls and muffins, bagels, juices, cereal, fruit and coffee/tea. A roomy area to sit down and eat, TV and newspapers. They have a very nice looking pool in a courtyard that is closed in by the buildings in the complex so it's nice and private to the guests. I understand that it is also heated. The staff is very friendly and the price was an incredible $59/night. After reading some negative reviews of a nearby motel in Kent that we originally had thought we would stay at, this choice was even more outstanding. I would recommend this Best Western to anyone in the area. It is close to Akron/Canton, Kent and everything nearby.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!