“Stunningly Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Norton, Ohio, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Stunningly Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Last night my husband and I went to the Akron Civic Theater to see Hall and Oats. What a grande old theater! It was in a beautiful old building-an original! The place was teaming with activity outside which made it fun. I could see as I walked in some of the pain on the exterior areas was peeling but it didnt bother me because it added to the old feeling. Im sure they will fix it up when they can. Sooo I went inside and GASP! I literally froze for a moment in what I call the grand entry room and my husband was pulling on my hand saying what? what? I was saying oh honey this is amazingly beautiful! There were carvings and columns and statues ad grand stairways to upper seating. WOW! The croud was jam packed but the workers were so professional and helped the crowd along offering to help find seats at every turn. Then we went into the theater area...TRIPLE WOW! The celing was painted like a sky with the clouds moving and the ornate carving, painting, columns, balcony and oh it all took my breath away. When the lights went out for the convert the "sky" twinkled with stars in actual constellations! The concert was awesome and the stage was dramatic in colors-hardly anything but just performers on a stage-NO WAY. Colors and lights and back washes and oh it was such an excellent time! My husband and I are definitely going to come back and see more performances at this theater! I CANNOT WAIT.

Visited February 2013

Seville, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We attended concerts there during Akron's first night on New Year's Eve. It has very comfortable seating and is beautiful inside.

Visited December 2012
Akron, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
“What A Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This theater is an Akron jewel and should be treasured by all. We just saw the Ryan Hubert Christmas show and had a wonderful time in that beautiful theater. Everyone who worked there were most helpful.

Go and enjoy!

Visited December 2012
“great and historic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

this place deserves more attention than it gets, it hold great shows and movies from time to time. its beautiful inside, historic and decrotive its a shame to watch it struggle so often.

Visited January 2012
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
27 attraction reviews
“Beautiful and and not too big”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I really like seeing shows here. It is a beautiful old theater with amazing craftsmanship. The theater is just the right size. You can see the show well no matter where you sit. Some larger venues make you feel like you need binoculars.

Visited December 2011