“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Akron
Waldorf, Maryland
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was looking for a nice and affordable room for the night, all of the local hotels were booked, and my wife is very picky when it comes to hotels rooms. The next thing available was the Red Roof Inn. For sure my wife was against it; however the desk clerk was very helpful, and polite. She showed us the actual rooms we would have to choose from, and assured us we would be satisfied with our stay. She was right, we loved the room. The location was great as well. And the rate was the best. Ms. Vanessa I really appreciate your help and making us feel like family. Her professionalism was top notch. I highly recommend this Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Akron, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for being our guest and the excellent review on TripAdvisor! We are so delighted that you had a pleasant experience and we truly appreciate your business! We know there are lots of great hotels in our area, yet appreciate you making us your hotel of choice while in Akron. We are known for our clean, comfortable rooms and our courteous, friendly staff. We take pride in the level of customer service our staff provides and the extra amenities that we offer. I am very humbled by your kind remarks and appreciate having thoughtful guests as yourselves. Your wife was pleasant and I am pleased to hear she was content with her visit. It is our pleasure to have you all as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Grove City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This Red Roof was a fine place to stay, but there were NO extras. No pool, no breakfast, no extra towels. It was clean enough, and a decent place to rest after a long day at the ball fields. The price was reasonable when compared to other hotels in the area.

Stayed July 2014
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Akron, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review. I am glad to hear about your experience and appreciate the comments. Our goal is to offer a good value and a clean and well maintained guestroom. We are thrilled that you found us to offer just that. At the Red Roof Inn, we provide complimentary WiFi, coffee and upgraded television channel line-up. The Front Desk staff is able to provide extra towels, upon request. We find pleasure in giving our guest the same value and service as other brand hotels do without charging outrageous fees. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next time you visit the ball fields in Akron.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were here for 3 nights. Check in was fine and the girls were nice. But once we got to the room:
Specifically asked for a nonsmoking room. Got one but it OMG the smoke smell was horrendous. When my husband went to the desk to tell them about it they said "oh well we won't charge you the fee for smelling like smoke". ?
No shampoo or conditioner.
No coffee pot
Bed covers were stained.
Three used bath cloths hanging up on shower rod.
Shower had a high pitch scream every time it was used.
The floors were nasty.
Definitely will pay more somewhere else next time if it means a cleaner
Hotel.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry about the smoke aroma in your guestroom. I do want to let you know that we are diligent in staying 100% smoke free. At check in, we notify guests that if they violate our non-smoking policy they will be charged a fee. Once again I am sorry for this inconvenience and we are looking into the matter. Please accept my apologies if one of our staff members at the Front Desk did not come across as being hospitable. We enjoy seeing our guests happy and feeling at home. We strive to deliver the highest level of service and ensure that you visit us again; this is an important part of our commitment to our guests. We do offer complimentary shampoo for our guests. Extra toiletries can be requested at the Front Desk. For convenience, the coffee makers we provide use the individually wrapped coffee cups placed in the coffee basket. I would like to express our sincere apologies for the inconvenience during your three day visit. We ask if you have a concern (i.e. the operation of the shower head, bed covers and washcloths) during your stay, simply contact the front desk and allow us to address it. We want to resolve your concern prior to your departure and make it a pleasant stay. We have someone available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week to assure our guests are taken care of. At Red Roof Inn, we pride ourselves in customer satisfaction. We are honored to have you and your husband as our guests. I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I do hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.

Horn Lake, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was so impressed again with how the staff made my children and I welcome! Since my husband was not able to travel with us this time, I was a bit stressed by the time we got there. The staff was so friendly and sweet to my children and one lady started joking and playing with them to allow me to get us checked in in peace! The room was clean and comfy and they really went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Akron, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for the great feedback from your Akron Red Roof experience. I love the phrase "taken care of." It's so apt for the Red Roof Inn (with apologies for the lack of humility). We are very glad to hear that we were able to provide services and amenities that catered to you and your family! The staff and I are thankful every day that we have the privilege of hosting our guests in such a great town. We appreciate the comments you provided about the confidence of your stay and the overall friendliness of our team members. Every member of the staff takes great pleasure in making our guests feel truly at home. It was a wonderful pleasure taking care of you! We will be sure to share your thoughts with our staff. Again, thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I decided to travel to Michigan from Georgia to visit his sister. After so many hours on the road we decided to give it a rest. We have had terrible experiences before with hotels, maybe our expectations were too high, I don't think so. We just wanted a clean, comfortable bed, and a clean shower at a reasonable price. We were very pleasantly surprised. The entire room was very nicely decorated and spotless. The bed was perfect with white on white linen and the pillows were to die for. We drank our water, showered and melted into the bed. The area was nice and quiet, we felt safe. Vanessa Cole, (I had to ask for her name) told us we would be fine and that we would enjoy our stay, we did. On top of that, the price was very reasonable and the fresh brewed coffee was the perfect send -off. We definitely will make the Red Roof Inn in Akron our stop on future trips. Very nice.

Room Tip: If the lobby is nicely decorated, and clean - the staff is attentive, knowledgeable and pleasant, I...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
The work is its own reward when managing such a great place as the Red Roof Inn. From time to time a review comes along that just makes me smile -- yours was such a review. I am so pleased that you had a great experience, and I am very thankful that you took the time to post such a lovely review. The staff and I work very hard to strike the right balance between, as you say, "clean and comfortable, quiet and safe." We strive to offer a unique sense of place, to be quintessentially Akron, and I'm glad we hit the mark with you!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the 2nd time that I have stayed here. For me to do that the service must be "AWESOME"!!!! Everybody was great with customer service and kindness. I do not want to spell her name wrong, but she was a nice sweet and short deer lady. I think she was the manager. You can tell that she has her staff trained very well. Whenever I am back I will definitely stay at that red roof

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting a super review about your recent visit to Red Roof Inn. The "Home away from home” tag captures exactly what we are trying to be for our guests. It is great to read that you enjoyed the location and the excellent service. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. I am humbled to work with a magnificent group of individuals that take pride in working for the Red Roof Inn brand.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There were a couple of decent points about this place...they had a room and it was not filthy. After that I was not super pleased...my wife called while I was driving and was told that had a room for $84...when I got there I was told only room was a king for $100+...when I told them that she had just called, the lady found a single...for $100+...when I told her it needed to be a double...she actually looked and found one...for $100...It was 1:00 am...I was tired and so I told her I would take it...then had to ask if they took AAA...FINALLY...Oh yeah-we have it for $84...It should not take begging to get a good rate that we already called for, it should be offered in the thought of good customer relations. The room was not filthy...looks like it has been updated. The HVAC unit it the room looks to be the same one since the dawn of time...because of it the room felt wet...the sheets and the pillows and the air-everything felt wet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for the review, yet disappointed to read that you found the hotel to be nothing special. I apologize for the miscommunication with the rates. When potential guest ask for rates over the telephone, we quote rates without taxes, therefore I understand where there may have been confusion. We have a program in place to ensure that we check our guest room air conditioners on a regular basis. I know these small things can be very frustrating, so please accept my apologies for this. I have shared your review with the team and we will work on being more consistent in taking care of these simple appeals that are important to our guests. We look forward to having you as our guest again, so we are able to "WOW" you.

Vanessa C.

Been to Red Roof Inn - Akron? Share your experiences!