“Reviews untrue” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Akron
Findlay, Ohio
“Reviews untrue”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I needed a place to stay where we could also take a pet. Red Roof advertises 100% smoke free, but it was anything but; the room reeks of cigarette smoke. After we arrived I watched a drunken elderly man walking up the steps with a much younger, but disheveled women in three inch heels. Walked past a room with the door open and a very intoxicated man yelled out at me, "Hey baby." Saw men in two different cars dropping off women and leave. On our floor there are several men in the hallways drinking beer; it was 4:30 in the afternoon. Not feeling safe so I will stay with family while my husband stays with the dog until we check out tomorrow.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager207, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Akron, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
First off I would would like to thank you fro taking the time to review our property. I can assure that your stay was not typical of what our customers experience here at the Red Roof Inn Akron. I can assure you that every step has been taken to ensure that our guests have a trouble free stay.Please give us another chance if your ever in the area again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Millfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel weekly for the last 8 month. I feel like a valued customer. When I check in, everything is ready to go. All I have to do is sign paperwork. They always give me the same room, which I feel is the best room in the place, 1st floor right next to the office. This is due to nothing more than their consideration for my comfort. Tiffany, Vanessa, and Deb always give me an endearing greeting and make me feel welcome. I have witnessed them on multiple occasions handling, not only myself, but other guests with the utmost professionalism, even annoying guests. Rooms are always clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: 1st floor near the front in the quietest and easiest access.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review of our property. I shared this review with our team. We appreciate your loyalty to us and look forward to serving you for the duration of your stay in the Akron area.
Helix, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This place is quite south of Akron and it was quite fine. The rooms seem to have been redone, but the outside was in need of fixing up. Large place and friendly. Also had an elevator, which was unexpected. Good beds, slept well.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing our property. We appreciate the pleasant comments and just completed an update to our exterior landscaping. Feel free to check it out and let us know what you think the next time you are in the area.
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Wow what a great person. I arrive with fears of not having a good place to stay after my other experiences with Reed Roof Inns in other states but wow this one is great. Tiffany made my stay outstanding by making sure that I had an iron when needed faxing information for me everyday and jus a friendly face to see after along day at work. She truly is an outstanding person and knows how to make a guest to feel welcome. Tiffany even told me so of the greatest places to shop at.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you fro taking the time to review our property.All of our team members here at the Red Roof Akron strive to provide the type of service you recieved and reviews like yours reinforce thet their hard word is paying off. Hope to see you again if your travels bring you to the Akron area.
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Excellent personal service by staff and the accommodations are always clean and comfortable.
Vanessa is very helpful and friendly. I was particularly pleased to be able to take my dog with me (an 11 year-old miniature schnauzer who is very attached to me). The location is great and convenient to my job.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for reviewing our property. Positive feedback like yours is our goal here at the Red Roof Inn Akron.We are a pet friendly hotel and are delighted that you were able to bring your dog with you. We know that means alot to our guests and look froward to serving your lodging needs in the future.
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Rooms were nice, the staff at the front counter were some of the best we've seen at a hotel. Conveniently located next to Walmart for anything you might need during a stay. Lots of restaurants very close to your room. My only complaints were the free wi-fi was a little hit and miss, no mini fridge or microwave in our room. I understand that is not standard in every room here like other hotels I am used to. All in all a nice hotel in a great location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for reviewing the Red Roof Inn Akron. We have checked with our wi-fi service provider to make sure that everything is working as it should. We do offer a fridge and microwave combo with our Deluxe rooms and in our Superior Kings. We look forward to serving you again if your travels bring you through the Akron area.
Laporte, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Didn't stay since they went to no smoking but all places around werr sold out so we stopped. Deb called around to different places to find us a room. None of the other places did that for us or even offered and she found us a place to stay for the night. Red roof inn should be happy to have an employee that goes above and beyond to help people even if we didn't stay there. When we did stay there before she was very helpful

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for Taking the time to fill out a suvey, all of us here at the Red Roof Inn Akron strive to provide great customer service and I have shared your comments with our team. Please give us another chance to serve your lodging the next time you are in the Akron area .

Been to Red Roof Inn - Akron? Share your experiences!