“Amazingly surprised...in a good way :)” 4 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn - Akron to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn - Akron
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2939 S. Arlington Rd., Akron, OH 44312-4717   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Akron
“Amazingly surprised...in a good way :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

After reading all the reviews, I wasn't sure I should stay there. I got this hotel after bidding on priceline, so not my choice. I was about to let go off the money and find another place but at the last minute thought why don't I give it a try and I'm so glad I did :) The room was clean, the location was excellent and the Lion Garden buffet and sushi which was very nearby was awesome! It was all you can eat buffer for 11$ with unlimited sushi! The person at the front desk was very nice too :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
manager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Akron, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review on our hotel. I appreciate your comments.

It's always nice to hear that we were able to surprise someone in a good way. We do strive to provide this kind of service and room for all guests. And I'm glad you enjoyed Lion Garden, they really do have a great selection.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
WHITEHOUSE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here 1 night. Got a package deal on tickets to the NFL Hall of Fame. The room was ok. I had asked to pick up the tickets in the morning, before check-in, and they did have them available for me. They even allowed me to check in (it was about 9 am). The morning front desk person was supposed to know all about the HOF tickets, according to the night person I had talked to the previous night. She gave me 1 ticket instead of two...I will give the benefit of the doubt that it was an honest mistake. I caught the mistake before leaving the premises, so, no big deal. As for the room itself, I would rate it as average...nothing special.

Room Tip: They have an NFL Hall-of-Fame package that includes 2 tickets.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
manager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Akron, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I appreciate your comments.

Yes we do offer the Pro Football Hall of Fame package, and yes I do believe it was an oversight to only have one ticket in the envelope for you. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

First, before I write about the room, I want to say the front desk clerks that I met were really sweet and tried to be accommodating.

It is obvious that the decor has been recently updated, nice floors in bathroom, granite counter tops for bathroom but.....no amount of nice decor hides an unclean room. I knew I bid for this room and was taking a chance. I had just stayed at a Knights Inn in Newcomerstown, OH the night before and it was MUCH cleaner. I had really expected Red Roof to at least be the same as Knights. I had a non-smoking room, but there were ashes on the headboard. Then, I made the mistake of looking under the bed and I found an empty cigarette carton and dog poop. I was willing to deal with it and stay because I had already paid the price on Priceline. So, I got ready to take a shower and there were no towels. I had to leave the room from the third floor and walk down to the lobby at night outside to get towels to take a shower. Again, the front desk clerk was very nice after I described the state of the room.

Still as a previous reviewer said, you get what you pay for!

...no coffee pots, no breakfast, nothing.

Its sad when a stay at a Knights Inn was better :(

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room by the front desk, first floor so you could be close to the lobby for coffee in...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that the information listed in your review is not acceptable for the condition of any room, regardless of the booking method. We are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence.

Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Got this roof for name your own price and it was the cheapest we could find. So was not surprised to get what I paid for. Disappointed there was no coffee maker and no breakfast muffins or anything, but the room was fairly clean, the bed was not too bad and the bathroom was clean with the drains all working well... All in all it was well located and if I needed the cheapest room I could get, this was worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor are looked down upon by the people who live in the hotel by the night. Ma...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to complete post your review. I always welcome comments from our guests as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Also, we do offer Superior rooms with the coffee maker you mentioned and keep fresh coffee 24 hours in the lobby.

Palatine, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We usually don't stay in Red Roof Inn's and looking at the other reviews, I wasn't certain that I wanted to stay here but it was closest to the event we were attending. I was surprised when we checked in. They gave us three rooms to choise from and we looked at the first one and it was OK. THe front desk was very helpful in finding a "good" Mexican resturant close by. The room was very clean and just needed to have the carpet updated. THe only problem I had was a truck was left running all night across from our room. For a one night stay it was a great value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from where the trucks park.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete post a review. I appreciate your comments.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Reserved a non-smoking room and they gave me a smoking room. I made them change my room. The room had not been cleaned, so I had to ask for a new room again. There weren't any other rooms, so i had to wait while they cleaned the room which they really didn't do. The beds weren't even really made up. There was a one foot long hole in the wall under the desk. Only 4 channels worked on the TV.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inability to provide you with a completed room upon your arrival.

I can assure you that we are looking into ways to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. It is my intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future.

Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We were in town for a family emergency and after driving for two days then being at the hospital for 10 hours we were desperate for a good nights sleep. We were directed to the Red Roof Inn and wow what a disappointment. We requested a room with a refrigerator which we did get but only after we were told that most of the refrigerators don't work anymore. We were told that this was a non smoking hotel however the room smelled of smoke and my brother in law had to change rooms because the smoke smell was so bad. The next morning I realized why the rooms smelled of smoke...the housekeepers were walking around with cigarettes hanging out of their mouths going in and out of the rooms. I am a smoker and almost couldn't handle the smell myself. The room wasn't very clean...the bathroom floor looked as though it hadn't been swept in months and the room just had a dirty feel to it. The only reason I rated this place a 2 was because of the friendliness of the front counter staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

It is our goal to provide every customer with a comfortable stay and superior service. We do not condone the smoking of our employees anywhere but in the designated areas. I assure you that this will be addressed. In addition, any problems that we had with the in room refrigerators has been corrected. It is my goal to ensure your confidence in our ability to address the problem and prevent any future occurrence.

Been to Red Roof Inn - Akron? Share your experiences!