“Very good service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Akron
Palatine, Illinois
“Very good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We usually don't stay in Red Roof Inn's and looking at the other reviews, I wasn't certain that I wanted to stay here but it was closest to the event we were attending. I was surprised when we checked in. They gave us three rooms to choise from and we looked at the first one and it was OK. THe front desk was very helpful in finding a "good" Mexican resturant close by. The room was very clean and just needed to have the carpet updated. THe only problem I had was a truck was left running all night across from our room. For a one night stay it was a great value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from where the trucks park.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
manager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Akron, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete post a review. I appreciate your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Reserved a non-smoking room and they gave me a smoking room. I made them change my room. The room had not been cleaned, so I had to ask for a new room again. There weren't any other rooms, so i had to wait while they cleaned the room which they really didn't do. The beds weren't even really made up. There was a one foot long hole in the wall under the desk. Only 4 channels worked on the TV.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inability to provide you with a completed room upon your arrival.

I can assure you that we are looking into ways to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. It is my intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future.

Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We were in town for a family emergency and after driving for two days then being at the hospital for 10 hours we were desperate for a good nights sleep. We were directed to the Red Roof Inn and wow what a disappointment. We requested a room with a refrigerator which we did get but only after we were told that most of the refrigerators don't work anymore. We were told that this was a non smoking hotel however the room smelled of smoke and my brother in law had to change rooms because the smoke smell was so bad. The next morning I realized why the rooms smelled of smoke...the housekeepers were walking around with cigarettes hanging out of their mouths going in and out of the rooms. I am a smoker and almost couldn't handle the smell myself. The room wasn't very clean...the bathroom floor looked as though it hadn't been swept in months and the room just had a dirty feel to it. The only reason I rated this place a 2 was because of the friendliness of the front counter staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

It is our goal to provide every customer with a comfortable stay and superior service. We do not condone the smoking of our employees anywhere but in the designated areas. I assure you that this will be addressed. In addition, any problems that we had with the in room refrigerators has been corrected. It is my goal to ensure your confidence in our ability to address the problem and prevent any future occurrence.

Youngstown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I commute to work in this area, so occasionally I will stay here instead of driving back home. I have probably stayed here a dozen times and have never been disappointed. The rooms are always clean and I'm always able to check in before 10 a.m. when a room is available. I always book the King suite for around $50 a night...always clean and the front desk is pretty accommodating. The are plenty of places to eat nearby and there's a Wal-Mart and a Kohls in walking distance...a decent, safe place to stay for the night, if on a budget. The wi-fi can be a bit slow.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
I greatly appreciate your comments and thank you for taking time to write the information regarding the Akron Red Roof.

Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I am staying here with a friend as we are traveling for school. I am not overly impressed with our stay at all. When we checked in, the front desk clerk, though very pleasant, was syrupy nice. Maybe that is her way but not very professional in her actions or dress. She was wearing a pair of skin tight blue jeans with various rips and stains in the legs. The lobby floor was dirty, the door was full of fingerprints and this should have been an indication of what to expect when we entered the room. The windows were very dirty both inside and out and even though we requested a non smoking room, it reeked of tobacco. We found a dirty towel hanging on the door in the bathroom and a dirty wash cloth was in the bathtub. I honestly do not believe I would ever feel comfortable coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
TENNESSEE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I checked into this motel cold, wet from snow and tired. there was a space under the door that allowed cold air to blast in and the heater would not warm the room. I decided to shower to warm up and there was a dirty rag hanging on the shower head, that made me decide to check the room and I found it unclean. there was not another room available so they offered me a discount (after not offering my AARP discount).
The discount for the dirty room and rag? $5. The web pictures showed a microwave and refrigerator.... never found those....

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for us failing to deliver a great stay.

We strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we have taken the appropriate steps to address the problem that occurred during your stay and prevent any future occurrence.

I appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you next time your travels bring you to the Akron area.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stayed at this Red Roof Inn on a Friday night in October 2011 as a place to crash on a trip toward Wheeling, Ohio. I had chosen this particular motel mainly because of the price and because the reviews were all right for what the price was.

I didn't arrive at the Red Roof until after midnight. I was not terribly impressed with the gentleman who was working the front desk. He was okay but didn't go out of his way to be helpful. I could tell he was tired and would rather have been sleeping or something. He had a very mediocre (not really friendly or welcoming) demeanor and didn't even bother telling or showing guests how to get to their assigned room once he gave the card key. (He did this to me and I noticed to a few others after me. One lady after me had to ask him where her room was.)

When I got upstairs to my room, the key did not work. So I had to head back down to the lobby and had to wait a good 5-10 minutes for him to finish working with other guests before he could reconfigure my key. That was annoying. Another thing that was annoying was that the room I stayed in did not have a little notepad and pen as most hotel/motel rooms have. I needed a pen to write some things down and had to go back down to the lobby a third time to ask the gentleman for a pen and paper.

The good news is that the room was quiet and clean, and the TV remote control worked. I got a decent night's sleep, but there was no breakfast at all other than coffee. It was definitely a no-frills place, but hey... I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
manager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Akron, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry we fell short of providing a better experience; please accept my sincerest apologies.

I read your comment "...you get what you pay for". I want you to know that we are working diligently on being more than that. Although we are an economy hotel, we still should be able to provide exceptional service, and I am disappointed that did not happen. We are taking appropriate action to resolve this and prevent it form happening in the future.

Thank you again for your time, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Been to Red Roof Inn - Akron? Share your experiences!