“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 10 hotels in Akron
Statesville, North Carolina, United States
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Everytime we stay at the Comfrot Inn on South Arlington St. we are very pleased. The service is great, the rooms clean and comfortable (King room) and the breakfast good. With the free breakfast the overall cost is very reasonable.

Room Tip: We had the King room and was very pleased
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chapel Hill, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, comfy beds, good breakfast and good price! I recommend it! A little hard to find entrance but turn like going to Walmart you can't miss it. Staff was very attentive and kept breakfast area very clean!

• Stayed March 2013
Portage, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

First time staying in Akron in a long, long time....and next time I wont be staying here again. I can't think of anything positive to mention, other than ok price, and ok location. One memorable feature is an extremely steep entry driveway, which would be fun in the winter or with any sort of trailer. I sure wish I had visited tripadvisor prior to staying, rather than just accepting the GPS's suggestion...

Room Tip: Hampton Inn and Fairfield nearby
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed here three days for work. My first impression when I drove up was negative. There are two plastic palm trees, each around 20 feet tall, and internally illuminated, on hand to greet guests. As I drove past the palm trees, there were some guys huddled around the hood of their truck, drinking beer.

I checked in with a friendly front desk person and went to my room. The smell in the carpeted stairwell was that of cigarette smoke and some kind of cleaner to hide the smoke smell. The hallway to my room had the same smell and the dark wood doors just makes the hallway that much drearier.

My room was kind of dark and dreary and had a couple of stains on the carpet. The sink had a crack in the bowl and the tub had some kind of water stains around the drain. The furniture was cheap and uncomfortable and just worn out.

The bed was nice, clean and fresh smelling, but hidden under this dark/drab maroon comforter.
In the morning, the housekeeping staff was very friendly and warmly greeted me as I left the room and the hotel.

I was scheduled to stay for a week, but bailed after two nights for a Hampton Inn. At this property, the friendly staff do a lot to make up for the shortcomings of the building!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The first bad experience was navigating through the pot hole filled parking lot that was also poorly laid out for parking spaces. The second bad experience was the first room they put me in. The AC made a noise so loud I thought there was a semi truck in my room. The third bad experience was after my return home I found out they charged me for 2 rooms instead of one. When they switched me to the room with the quieter AC they still charged me for the original room plus the new room. I did get this straightened out but should not have had to.The fourth bad experience was when they moved me to a different room that had a quieter AC, it had a musty smell I noticed in the first room also but I finally got used to it. The fifth bad experience is the WiFi service. I travel for a major department of defense contractor and need the internet for work but was unable to maintain a connection for more than a minute or two. The sixth bad experience was the poorly maintained elevator. I have bad knees so I need to use the elevator but felt I was taking my life into my own hands when I used it. If you're traveling to the Akron, Ohio area, I'd highly advise you stay somewhere else!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is a reasonably priced hotel in an OK part of town with lots of restaurants nearby and good road access. I marked this poor but really it rates between poor and average. I stayed for business and can make a lukewarm recommendation for business. No real amenities here and not particularly nice staff, but they got the basics handled. Also, internet service is kind of tricky. read the instructions before trying to log on. it will save a lot of trouble. If this place is full the parking can be a problem, but otherwise parking is fine if a bit of a tight fit on the access paths to the back of the building.
Now for the bad news. Needs some work in terms of cleanliness. The stairwells had a distinct aroma and the carpet had some areas that needed work.
The 'key-only' access from the back did not work. That is, you could just walk in. Not good, but the front desk was right nearby the path in from the back.
Good size room and mostly comfortable. One of the outlets did not work so I had to extend a cord across the room. Needs more lamps or lighting in general -- I have found that to be the case for many of the Choice Hotels. That is, they need more light in the room. The 'work area' was off in a corner, no problem, but there was only one floor lamp and that did not shine much light on the desk. That is also where the non-working outlet was located. Don't book here if you have high cleanliness standards since the smell will put you off. It is, overall, a decent place, and with some work could be much better.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The service here was not all that great. I did not like anything really about the hotel. The location was about it. Rooms were average. and its kind of small so good luck getting a smoking room (if its still offered) just save yourself the trouble and go to the quality inn and conference center down the road about 1/4 of a mile. Much better there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn - Akron? Share your experiences!