“Save yourself the trouble and go down the road.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Akron
Akron, Ohio
“Save yourself the trouble and go down the road.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The service here was not all that great. I did not like anything really about the hotel. The location was about it. Rooms were average. and its kind of small so good luck getting a smoking room (if its still offered) just save yourself the trouble and go to the quality inn and conference center down the road about 1/4 of a mile. Much better there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Grove City, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

Seems like the reviews of this place are a little harsh or they've done some changing. Second floor king room was large, clean and comfy. Indoor jacuzzi was small and not as hot as I prefer, but a nice touch after a long, hard day. Only concern was that the hotel sits basically in the parking lot of shopping areas. Had no problems with security and there are cameras all over the parking lot. Nice lobby area and breakfast room. All in all, decent place to stay in Akron.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Agawam, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I am EXTEREMELY UPSET with the customer service of this hotel. My daughter who is 18 was traveling from Massachusetts to Ohio to visit family. This was her first time traveling by herself on a "roadtrip". They were going to visit some zoos in Ohio on their way to Dayton area. We thought we lined everything up, UNTIL SHE ARRIVED AT COMFORT INN in AKRON, where she was presented with "DID YOU READ THE SIGN ONO THE WALL THAT SAYS YOU MUST BE 21 years of age" IN a very rude manner by the attendent at the desk. She stated that she could read the sign but the reservations were made online and the WEBSITE for Comfort Innn does not indicate that the customer must be 21 years of age to stay at the hotel. My daughter asked for a REFUND and again was presented with a UNCOOPERATIVE RUDE individual who stated - "there's nothing I can do for you, we can't rent you a room or a refund" Needless to say she called me from the parking lot in tears. I called the hotel and was giving the same information yet again in a VERY RUDE MANNER. "our policy states" when I asked where does it state that she said on the wall of the lobby. What good does that do when booking online, which does not state that anywhere on the website of Comfort Inn. My daughter is a VERY responsible 18 year old graduating from High school with honors. I understand policies and procedures and following them BUT THEY ARE NEVER STATED ON THE WEBSITE!! This is very unprofessional and created worry as I'm sure every parent can understand if their child was miles away from home!! THANK YOU QUALITY INN 5 minutes down the road FOR THE EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ACCOMMONDATIONS for my 18 year old!!

Fairborn, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

We had a non-smoking room on the 2nd floor. It was clean with no smells. The bed was comfortable. The staff was very friendly, especially the lady stocking the breakfast. A Four Seasons it is not, but it's a perfectly fine hotel, especially for $65.

• Stayed March 2011
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

I haven't stayed at a Comfort Inn for a long time. Paid $64 a night. The staff was very nice. Hotel had a makeover probably a couple of years ago, and the place already showed wear. Was dirty in areas, and the bed was very saggy, but what do you get for around $60 a night now a days???

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Bellmore, Long Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

If you love the smell of stale cigarette smoke to greet you upon your arrival, and get thicker as you walk through the halls to your non smoking room, than this place is for you.

Truly, this hotel should be designated a smokers only hotel. Interestingly, there is a sign at the front desk that says "Smoking Rooms Available" . It should more accurately say "We Will Try To Find You a Non Smoking Room if We Can"

The first room we were assigned was on the first floor, and was supposedly a non smoking room. We opened the door and took about 2 steps in before turning around to head back to the desk for another room. The desk clerk was surprised that our room was not satisfactory, but sent us up the the 3rd floor to a new room. The elevator reeked of smoke, but when the elevator opened on the 3rd floor, the smell of smoke was unbearable. It permeated everything. We made a dash to our room, and to my surprise, the room itself did not stink. At least we were able to spend the night there.

Upon check out, I mentioned this to another desk clerk, and she acknowledged that the 3rd floor is pretty bad but was surprised that our original room on the first floor had the room filled with smoke. She said the smoke bothers her as well.

Other than the smoke, the hotel is nothing more than average. I am rating this a “1” because had the 3rd floor room not worked out, I would have had to find another hotel at 10pm at night.

Nothing short of a total renovation will make this place habitable to non smokers. If you have breathing conditions like I do, sleeping in your car would be a better choice than this place. If you are a smoker, you don’t even need to light up. Just get a smoking room or stand in the hallways. You can breathe all the toxic air you need for absolutely free.

Other than the smoke, everything else in the hotel was no better than average. Price was good, and that is what attracted us. Desk clerk made us wait while she attended to other stuff, but was OK once she got around to us. Had luggage carts in the lobby which were handy. Breakfast had waffles and cereal but little else. Bagels were not edible. I would say it was adequate, fitting of an EconoLodge or Super8, but well below other Comfort Inns I have stayed in.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Akron, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

I have read the reviews for this hotel. Although I agree that it is not the cleanest place I have ever stayed it was not the worse either. The staff was exceptional. We stayed at this hotel for over a month due to a house fire. You can't beat this hotel for the price. The breakfast was very good, although they could have longer hours. Location is awesome. If you need an inexpensive room while visiting Akron you could do much worse than staying here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn - Akron? Share your experiences!