“Brother's birthday break” 5 of 5 stars
Review of KD Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Adamsville
KD Guest Ranch
You added KD Guest Ranch to your Saves list
9280 Young America Road, Adamsville, OH 43802   |
Sinking spring
“Brother's birthday break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My brother and I just got back from one of the best vacation we have ever experienced. From the moment we arrived Dave and Keri (owners) and Keri (wrangler) made us feel relaxed and at home, going out of their way to make our stay the wonderful experience that it was. The lodge was gorgeous. The accommodations top notch. Clean and comfortable. Not a detail was missed. The food was down home,delicious and plentiful. Dinner with the family was really homey and nice. The kids Bronc and Braylee were adorable. The horses were beautiful, healthy, gentle and responsive. The trails and surroundings were peaceful and breathtaking. Actives every night if you chose. Movie,bonfire,poker,billiards,or just small talk. The calf penning was a hoot. Made these green horns feel as close to being cowboys as possible. But the best part of it all was our hosts and staff. Dave,s corny jokes on the trail and his wise guy smile. Keri's graciousness and warmth. Wrangler keri's bubbly charm and energy. W arrived as their guest and we left made to feel like their friends. Thanks guys. We will never forget you. But beware... We will be back. The penny is in the mail.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

A little piece of the west right there in Ohio. The cabins are top notch with the most comfortable beds. There were tons of activities to do or you can just sit on the porch and relax in a rocking chair while you enjoy the fall foliage, its up to you. My only complaint is the food is so good I found myself eating to much. I've been to a few dude ranches and Dave and Kari truly love their horses and it shows in there quality. I've been every year that they've been open and its always a fun family time!

• Stayed October 2011
Colfax, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

My wife and I stay at KD Guest Ranch for a week in July. The hospitality of the ranch staff was great. The cabin was clean and comfortable, yet mantained that ranch feel. The staff kept us as busy as we wanted to be, with riding, penning, and so many other activities. We have a little baby boy now. I can't wait until we can take him along. We would highly recomend KD Guest Ranch.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

The first time I went was in October of 2010 for a full 6 day adventure, perfect timing to enjoy the fall foliage and weather. I had wanted to do something like this for so long but couldn't find a friend with the same interest, so I decided to go alone. I was apprehensive at first, would I enjoy it being all alone...I never felt like I was there alone. Kari and Dave (KD Ranch), your hosts, are the friendliest people I have ever met. I was invited right in and made to feel at home. The other guests, all of whom had been there at least once already, made me feel welcome as well. The best way to describe it for me: I never felt rushed or overwhelmed yet I never felt bored and I didn't want to leave when it was time. You experience two rides a day, either on the trails on the vast expanse of land, or some team calf penning in the arena, some awesome food, all home made by the family, and a ranch planned activity for after dinner each evening. The activity ranging from a movie in the small theater, to a bon-fire, to some folk music upstairs in the lounge. Partake in it all, or just the events that you wish.
In May 2011 I went back for a four day package to celebrate my birthday and met up with and reconnected with an "old" military friend. We had a superb experience together.
No surprise, I have my third trip already reserved for my birthday again.
The pictures below are awesome...take a look. This is something the ranch does for you so you don't have to lug around a camera.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Newbury, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

KD Guest Ranch is AWESOME. Four of us ladies went for a long weekend of trail riding and team penning. The cabins are immaculate and very comfortable. You want for nothing. The food is all homemade and VERY delicious. The lodge is beautiful and clean clean clean. The family makes you feel like part of their family. So put on your cowboys boots and go hit the trails.

Arlene Taylor

Room Tip: All the cabin rooms are GREAT