“THE BEST” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 30 Restaurants in Avon
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are now open for the 2014 season with a new chef, and a new look! The Open Water Grill is the perfect oasis to unwind from a day full of beach activities! There is something for everyone on our extensive menu, including local NC fresh seafood. We offer live music every weekend and even have a complimentary shuttle service to make sure our guests can relax on their Outer Banks getaway without having to worry about having a designated driver. Come see what all the fuss is about!
New York City, New York
“THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was my first trip to the Hatteras Island and this restaurant was by far one of the highlights of the trip. My friends and I had a great time, cute waitresses, fast service, good food, the works. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal and highly recommend it!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
OpenWaterGrill, Public Relations Manager at Open Water Grill, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Our servers are thrilled about your compliment! Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your experience.

“Best restaurant in Avon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great food and reasonable prices. Awesome atmosphere loved sitting on the deck and watching the sunset. My family and I liked it so much we came twice! Really no comparison to the two other restaurants we tried in Avon. Will definitely be coming back next year.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Norfolk, Virginia
“Beautiful evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I planned a weekend trip to Avon for our anniversary. When we arrived we drove by Open Water Grill and I knew then that we would love it! We turned around and decided to grab dinner. The view is absolutely breathtaking! The restaurant has a very open atmosphere and was very relaxing. The service was wonderful. I'm a very picky eater and had no trouble choosing my meal, and my husband's steak was cooked perfectly. It was an amazing way to start our weekend!

Letcher County,Ky.
“Needs to Improve”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I had waited all week to try the OWG while vacationing in the OBX. We were seated quickly as there were only a few people there. The waitress was friendly although she seemed a bit confused. I ordered ribeye and was told that they were out. Our waitress told me she wasn't expecting me to order that? I decided on the deep fried cornish hen and we waited about 40 minutes for it to arrive. As soon as I cut into it, a large amount of blood ran into my plate covering my side dishes. I gave it back and was told that it would be taken off our bill, but that the chef had checked it and the only under cooked area was the one I had cut into. I'm not sure if I was supposed to eat around it or what. On a plus note, my son in law ordered the cheese fires and they were great. Maybe things will be improved by our trip next year.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
OpenWaterGrill, Public Relations Manager at Open Water Grill, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your input. We sincerely appreciate all feedback from our guests whether it is positive or negative. The experience you had is highly uncommon here at the open water grill, and we apologize that your item of choice was unavailable and that your second choice came out undercooked. We will be addressing the customer service issues you encountered as well. We hope you enjoyed your vacation and look forward to seeing you again next year.
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great Birthday Trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The wife, kids and I drove from Chesapeake, V.A. for a road trip and to experience the N.C. coast on my Birthday weekend, we stopped at Open Water Grill and we were immediately pleased with the atmosphere and wait staffs friendly attitude. I had the Rib eye steak and my wife had a pasta dish and of course the kids had an assortment of burgers and kids meals. All of it was great and cooked perfectly. I will recommend this place to anyone who likes great food and spirits, the wait staff were all great and we were very very pleased.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
OpenWaterGrill, Guest Relations Manager at Open Water Grill, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience! It is good to hear that the kids enjoyed their meals, too. All of the staff at the OWG hope that the remainder of your birthday was as great as your visit with us. We hope to see you later in the season!