“The Mad Crabber - Avon NC” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Navarre, Florida
“The Mad Crabber - Avon NC”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

Avon, NC
Date: July 31, 2008
Reviewer: A TripAdvisor Member, Navarre, FL

The food is okay, nothing to rave about but a good place to have a meal. We were really disappointed that the waitress would not divide our check. We were a party of 15, 5 different familys, which would have meant 5 separate checks, when I asked about separate checks, I was told by the waitress that she could only do 2 checks....so I said it needed to be divided by 2, when the bill came the waitress had annotated the meals for each family (3 on this check) with a symbol. I asked her if I could give her my debit card and pay for only the items marked with the symbol for my family and she said she could not do that because she was too busy and had other people waiting on her. We have decided that on our next trip to the OBX, we will not eat at The Mad Crabber. I expected much better service especially when I was told by their hostess that they have large parties all the time. My advice is that if you are going as a large crowd, skip this restaurant, the waitress seemed annoyed that she had to deal with such a large crowd because she was too busy and there were other people waiting on her.