“Good 4th of July weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Whaler Inn Beach Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Whaler Inn Beach Club
You added Whaler Inn Beach Club to your Saves list
323 Salter Path, PO Box 220, Atlantic Beach, NC 28512   |
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Eastern North Carolina
“Good 4th of July weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in an oceanfront efficiency on the top floor, and other family members stayed in an oceanfront two bedroom on the first floor. We have stayed here many times over the years, but it has been a few years since our last visit. The updated tile floors are a nice change (they used to be carpeted and got wet and mildewed often). Both rooms were comfy, quiet and mostly clean. When we arrived, our AC unit wasn't working very well. I mentioned it to the front desk, and while I was at the water boggan with my kids on the 4th of July holiday, maintenance came and replaced the whole unit! The tiny kitchen in my room was stocked better than I expected, and I was able to cook a meal for 4 adults in there. My almost 12 year old slept on the pull-out sofa and said he was comfortable, and I shared the double (wish it were bigger) bed with my 6 year old. If my husband had joined us, we would have been cramped. Our bed did not have the plastic zipped cover on it mentioned in another review, but it did have a soft removable mattress cover. The mattress was very firm and the pillows were pleasantly plump. The pool was not as clean as I would have liked, but we went swimming anyway. The beach was fabulous. It was really nice to finish off the day in the swing facing the ocean, although our view was blocked by other guests leaving their sun tents out overnight. Overall, it was a good weekend.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is the way to go. Great view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cary, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I wish I had known the following information before booking a stay at Whaler Inn Beach Club. The "motel rooms" only have one full sized bed. Might be ok for some, not for us. No desk or table either. The mattress itself was inside a zipped plastic cover that we could feel and hear every time we moved. A manager told me that all of the mattresses in the hotel had the same covering, so if the idea of spending your vacation sleeping on a crib pad doesn't sound appealing, you might want to consider elsewhere altogether. Also, the day that we left I discovered about a dozen red, itchy bites on my arms and legs. Sand fleas or something worse, you be the judge. We won't be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Just returned from our spring trip to the Whaler Inn Beach Club in Atlantic Beach, NC, or Pine Knoll Shores, and it was fantastic! The weather was superb all week, with only one day of rain; sunshine and warm temps otherwise. The facility is recently renovated with new furniture, tiled floors, new kitchen cabinets, and granite counter tops--beautiful! With our 2BR/2BA unit, and full kitchen, we had all the comforts and conveniences of home. With the laundry room in the unit, no need to do laundry when back home. From our oceanfront balcony, we were able to watch the dolphins feed and even caught a glimpse of the Iron Steamer wreckage at low tide. Another wonderful week during the "off-season" that we love because there are no lines and not scorching hot. Highly recommended to check out!

Room Tip: higher floors provide a great view of the ocean, however, lower level provides immediate access to t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mebane, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Situated perfectly mid-island right on the beautiful Atlantic Ocean, the Whaler Inn though not new, is newly refurbished inside and out! It is the best rental or buy on the beach with tile floors,granite counter tops in new kitchens. The Whaler layout includes 2 BR & 2BA units or 1BR& 2BA units with laundry room included. There are accomodations for 6 in all units except efficiencies.
Hospitality, management and maintentance all are A+. The enclosed pool,jacuzzi,and small game room are user friendly.
The Whaler location offers easy access to the Public Libraby,Fire and Police Dept.. NC Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores and a variety of food services and shopping. A Movie Theater, Fort Macon Historic Site, Crystal Coast Theater for performing arts in Morehead City and water sports and fishing, right off the patio are enticements for all age groups.
The linens are freshly hung, the beds are made and the ocean view calls our names everytime we arrive.
If looking for ownershio in Time Share or Interval Trade, you can not beat the Whaler Inn prices. Even " Winter Weeks" at the Whaler Inn are great vacation or"Time Share" weeks.
Having owned for 20 years, my family and I are "Cheer Leaders" for N.C.'s best possible getaway.
Try it,you'll like it!!!

E. Lawrence
Mebane, NC

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.... Great views from top to bottom!
Mebane, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had an excellent vacation in February 2013 at the Whaler Inn.Everyone was friendly,helpful, and newly refurnished.We look forward to our next visit...well worth the comfort of home...we had great beds, nice shower,lovely kitchen,all the accommodations of home.the beach is right at your finger tips..children would love it.. Timeshares are excellent prices...

Room Tip: Oceanfront is extremely nice.
Mebane,NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Love the Whaler Inn Beach Club.....many new upgrades....new kitchen countertops and cabinets....new ceramic tile throughout. Very comfortable. Great any time of the year...heated pool and hot tub. The staff are all very accommodating and always go out of their way to be helpful! Right on the beach......nothing like the view!

Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Love this place! Great family atmosphere. I feel comfortable sending my 12yo and 5yo together down to the beach while I watch from my third floor balcony. Decent wifi means I can choose between cable or my Hulu or Netflix accounts. The kitchens are in the process of being updated and the new ones are wonderful! They have moved the frig so there's enough counter space now. Plus having the washer and dryer in unit is great to keep up with sandy and chlorinated clothes.
My family has been coming here for years. And I'm seriously considering be a third generation owner of one of these time shares!

Room Tip: Splurge for an ocean front unit. Totally worth it to sit and watch the waves!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Whaler Inn Beach Club? Share your experiences!