“Fun, and brought back memories.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clam Digger Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Clam Digger Inn
Save Saved
You added Clam Digger Inn to your Saves list
511 Salter Path Road, PO Box 846, Atlantic Beach, NC 28512   |
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Fun, and brought back memories.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I used to stay here all the time when I was a youngster when my parents would venture to Atlantic Beach. It was the Ramada then. Recently, I suppose I felt nostalgic and while my fiancé and I were in NC visiting from Florida, we decided to drop kiddo off at the in-laws place for a night and venture to the Clamdigger Inn. Booked same day, and when we arrived the front desk lady was very friendly and helpful. My fiancé, who worked in hotel management it literally a psychopath when it comes to cleanliness and is overly thorough when inspecting rooms away from home. After, what seemed to be a 14 hour inspection, she was satisfied, so was I very clean room, décor made me feel like I was at a Jimmy Buffet concert, but its the beach, that's to be expected. We live in Florida and mostly al the mom and pop shops are the same. Bartender was AWESOME, and helped us find some local spots to grab dinner at. All my beds at home are pillow top, and this wasn't but it wasn't bad either.....view was AMAZING, peaceful, serine, just what we needed. Did breakfast in bed the next working and the restaurant on site is on point! Year round Jacuzzi isn't a bad thing either. Loved the staff, loved the view, and for the price, you cant beat this place. Were headed back up for the holidays in a few weeks and I thought about booking a little snazzier joint but honestly, this place has everything you need...great spot, great staff good food (although Ill try dinner this time) and overall a great getaway. Ill see you on the 22nd!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Saint Pauls, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed there several times, May not be the newest place in town but it has everything you would want. The food in the restaurant is very good and reasonably priced. The only thing I could ding them for would be the internet service, it doesn't cover the whole place. The staff are great especially Dora, who worked the front desk.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manteo, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I came for a relaxing long weekend to the Clamdigger Inn. I work in Vacation Rentals so I know what is important when guests are looking for a nice stay. I found everyone at the Clamdigger Inn to be nice and more than willing to help. The room was perfect for us. It was clean (with the exception of some stains on the carpet). Yes, the bathroom is small, but not much they could do about that now. The TV was a nice flat screen, and we found the mini fridge and microwave to be a nice asset. The view was amazing and we loved the balcony. The beach is lit up at night from the hotel lights so that was a really cool feature being able to see the beach at night. I did request extra pillows for our King Room and they were brought up immediately. We ate at the restaurant for breakfast and it was awesome. They have the whole hotel decorated for fall and Halloween which was nice to look at. The only drawback (and we were on the 7th floor-top floor) was the smell in the hallways. It was not pleasant. Smells like the carpet padding has been wet more than once. Other than that, we would definitely come back to the Clamdigger Inn in the future. We may stay elsewhere next time so we can bring our dog but that would be the only reason.

Halberstadt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The hotel might not be the newest and the nicest, but the location directly on the beach is awesome and the hotel personal, that we met was really nice and lifted our mood.

The rooms were ok though, nothing to write home about, but everything there and in order.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We have been coming to the Clamdigger for an October weekend for a number of years. We love the location, the ocean front rooms, the restaurant, and the people. And we notice that they are doing updates on the motel - the outside hallways now have glass going from floor to ceiling.

The one thing we wish they would upgrade are the front doors. They are manual and you have to go through two to get to the lobby. This is OK if all you are doing is walking in - but if you are carrying luggage in or out, it is very difficult to deal with the doors - and especially so when you are using a luggage cart. If they don't want sliding doors, then maybe one of those handicapped buttons that you can press to automatically open the doors - that would be an improvement.

Also, I know that they are using the lowest wattage of light bulbs in the rooms and bathroom and using the fluorescent bulbs too boot - but damn - I could barely see in the bathroom.

And last but least, put signs up at the elevators on each floor and in the lobby to the effect that guests should return the luggage carts to the lobby. It is a real pain when there are only 2 or 3 luggage carts and guests just take them to the elevator and leave them - you then have to stop on each floor until you find one. I know it is a matter of personal courtesy but if there were signs, maybe more people would remember to be courteous.

Poughkeepsie, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had a wonderful long weekend at the Clam Digger Inn. It is not a chain hotel with granite counter tops in the bathrooms, but it was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was very nice. We had a lovely breakfast in the restaurant located in the hotel. The beach was very nice. Chairs and umbrellas were available for rent. In the pool area there was a snack bar with drinks that were very reasonably priced. You can't beat the ocean view rooms with the private balconies.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a military funeral so the hotel was nice enough to let us check in early. Upon arrival we checked into our room which was a disaster. It was not clean and there was blood and used condoms on the sheets on both beds. We asked the front to change the sheets and they never did. The staff was rude and acted as though everything was our fault. I contacted the hotel about my stay and all the general manager offered to do was refund $25.00 after I paid over $100. When I checked out I was told I would not be paying for my room but looks like this hotel is full of liars as staff. Do not waste your money here. I hope the health department shuts this place down.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Clam Digger Inn? Share your experiences!