“Laid back, great location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oceanana Family Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Oceanana Family Motel
700 East Fort Macon Road, Atlantic Beach, NC 28512   |
Ranked #14 of 15 hotels in Atlantic Beach
Pine Knoll Shores, North Carolina, United States
“Laid back, great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Older establishment, but they are in the middle of a major renovation. Most of the work is done. Great location right on the ocean. I have been going there for years. Can't beat the service-- a family run business that has had the same staff for years. There is no corporate office in a far away big city. The owners are on site and I like it that way.

Room Tip: No fitness center or room service.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Irving, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My family vacationed at Oceanana from 1984 - 2005. Great for families with children age 0 - 16. Continential breakfast by the pool daily from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Watermelon Parties Wednesdays & Sundays afternoon. Renovated pier with a gazebo at the end soon to be a bar. Free pier fishing with hotel stay. Lifeguards on site to help you tote chairs and beach items to the beach. Bike trail & lots of playgrounds for ages 3-16.

Room Tip: Suite room offer kitchens to cook dinner for your family. Down east rooms are the largest regular ro...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Greentop, Mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The Oceanana is an older Motel so it does not have all the frills that recently built Motels have but it is clean, the staff are very courteous, a tropical breakfast is served each morning, outdoor playground and swimming pool for children and the location can not be beat if you are in the Atlantic Beach area. It is located right on the beach giving you direct access to the only remaining Pier in the area and the beach itself. It is very close to many attractions in the area making it a great "base" camp. We have stayed here twice and would like to return someday.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We came down here for the NC Seafood Festival, all the other places were booked, I read all the bad reviews of this place and almost didn't book it.......I took into consideration the types of bad reviews, like brick walls and staff not being friendly etc etc, all of which I don't care about, I mean I see the staff when I check it and check out........whether they are friendly or not what's it matter to me I'll never seen them.......all the fancy amenities I don't care about either, after all I booked this place to sleep while I'm at the beach, if I'm going to be spending a significant amount of time inside. Then I should have stayed at home.........we're here for four nights, I'm writing this after my first night because I listed all the complaints prior to getting here and I went through them all within the first hour of checking in........not one of them would change my mind about this place......

Me and my daughter of three had a ball on the play ground set, this place is awesome if you have kids, yeh the place is old but it's absolutely great.......if this place is from the 70's then there's ja reason it's still in business.....I will definitely be back here.......pool over looks the beach, and the pier is right there.......please don't listen to the negative reviews, this place is awesome.........do what I did Jane give it a chance.......I would consider the folks that wrote all the negative reviews, id put money on it that they would complain at the Hilton also......I love the fact that I can park my car right outsider my room.....we got the downcast room, it's behind the main building and kind secluded, nice privacy and about a 30sec kwalk to the play ground and pool, extra 30 sec to the beach and pier..........loving this place already on day 1 of 4.......

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Was driving all night around this area trying find somewhere to sleep after our long drive from ohio. Found Oceana, and the man at the desk, i think name was Steve?? Soooo nice & welcoing. Couldnt even beliece it so reassuring with such kindhearted staff. Will def return. Thx steve!!! Roons are nice great location!!

• Stayed September 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great place to stay as a family. Yes, the rooms aer older as this is a very old motel. Our room was clean, carpet was ok to be a beachfront family motel. The staff are very friendly. The guests are also friendly. The pool is nice and is deeper than most pools. They have grills you can use right in front of your room (on bottom floor- all things needed included). Continental breakfast is good with good selection. We had 2 teenage kids with us and they had alot of fun. My son wants to stay here each time we come. The pier is right next to it. It is only about 4 or 5 blocks from "the circle" and beach shops- so walking distance-Definatly recommend to people with children. They also are one of the few motels that have a seperate room- if you have older children with you-

Room Tip: lower level- you can grill in front of your room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My family and I were able to book a room last minute at the Oceanana . The staff were very friendly and the rooms were clean but very out dated. I was impressed how the staff seemed to be proud of their resort and were pleasant to all guests. I would return to this resort simply because they do not nickle and dime you for your stay. It is a wonderful place to relax and for kids to play.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Oceanana Family Motel? Share your experiences!