“Pretty nice place...has...” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Doing business, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Welcome to Amos Mosquito’s Restaurant & Bar – or more affectionately known by locals as “Skeeter’s”. Established in 1999, Amos Mosquito’s offers a family friendly environment with a menu of fresh seafood and a wide variety of creative entrees. While in our first location on the Morehead City Waterfront, and here in our present location on Atlantic Beach overlooking beautiful Bogue Sound, we’ve had one primary goal in mind – to create the most unique, fun, and high quality dining experience that can be found in Eastern North Carolina. We have a seasoned staff of chefs, servers, and hosts who are passionate about making customers happy. Although we specialize in local seafood and offer at least two varieties of fresh fish every night, our menu also features chicken, pork and Sterling Silver beef.We make all our salad dressings, sauces and desserts in house and have a great children’s menu loaded with fun games and mosquito facts.Thursday nights are sushi nights at Amos Mosquito’s. We offer a full menu of fresh, made to order sushi in addition to our regular menu.Amos has a full bar and a wonderful, reasonably priced wine list.Reservations are not accepted, but you may call us to place an order for take out.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pretty nice place...has...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

Pretty nice place...has a good atmosphere and food thats better than any chain restaurant in the area and on par with some of the better local restaurants.

Alexandria
“Not for young children”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

We went to Amos Mosquitos during July 2008. It was a Thursday night.
We waited an hour and a half to be seated. Once we were seated ,the service was extraordinarily slow as well as poor. At the end of our meal we had to request the bill from our waitress. While waiting for the bill I had to leave the table to take my 3 year old son to the bathroom. My 19 month old daughter began to cry after I left. Before I got back from the bathroom the owner/manager came to the table and asked my family if he could take my daughter to the lobby area and give her a tattoo/sticker because she was disrupting "these fine" people during their meal.
I was in the bathroom less than three minutes. When I returned to the table, as I'm pulling my money out to pay my bill, he immediately came over one more time and asked to remove my daughter again because she was crying.
I should of had a clue before we were seated when I saw a father in the lobby area trying to get his three week old to stop crying. She obviously had been banished.
As far as the food, the portions were not worth the price.
If you have small children and they can't sit for dinner for longer than three and a half hours, I suggest you skip Amos Mosquitos.
Northern Virginia native

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

Good food

ellicott city md.
“awsome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

My family and I have eaten here 7 or 8 times over the last two years. In all that time we have tried just about everything on the menu. Tonight we had fried calamari, crab corn chowder, filet mignon with crab, fried flounder, coconut brulee, key lime pie and smores. Everything was most excellent at reasonable prices. The unique ambiance combined with the excellent food is a must for visitors and locals alike. I also bought a most excellent skeeter cap.

Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
“A Local Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

Sandy and Hallock have done a great job with this restaurant. Casual dining, but with a decidedly unique flare. Love the "swampside" atmosphere -- fun. I've never had a bad meal there -- it's always fresh and delicious. Crab cake over penne is one dish I really like, as well as their triggerfish specials -- usually served with some kind of fresh salsa. When our daughter's in town, a first stop is Skeeters to get a Mudslide martini and a plate of homemade chips with blue cheese dressing. We're so regular there, the staff greets us by name now. But, they'd do that with anyone who showed up more than once -- they're that great. I can highly recommend this restaurant. Come early during season -- it's popular.