“A happy little place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbe Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Caribbe Inn
309 E. Fort Macon Rd., Atlantic Beach, NC 28512   |
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Atlantic Beach
Burlington, North Carolina
“A happy little place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This motel is a fun little place. It's simple and well kept. The innkeeper is really nice, we liked her. The outdoor patios are very pleasant.
Downside, our bathroom was pretty small and the internet was spotty.
Over all ...
I would definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
winston salem, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Cute, very clean, small motel that is perfect in every way. The owners are on site and provide local information. There's a wonderful little patio to swing and enjoy your own happy hour.
Rooms are well equipped with little refrigerators and microwaves. Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Frankfort, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at the Caribbe Inn and just settled right in like we were at home. Extremely clean and adorable decor. Very reasonable but the best thing of all are the owners, Trish and Darrell. Great place to stay. Our little Lilybelle loved it too :)

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I called this afternoon for a reservation for next week, the women on the phone was not pleasant or helpful in anyway. During the process of making the reservation I said that I wanted to bring one of my dogs at which she responded that she did not have a pet friendly room available, i responded with a very upbeat and polite "ok then nevermind" assuming that she understood i just wouldnt bring the dog, she then hung up on me. I called back and was placed on hold twice. I understood that there was a miscommunication and expected to just place my reservation dog free. When she finally talked to me I said that we had had a miscommunication and that I still wanted the room I just did not want to bring the dog, she then told me that the person on the other line was going to take that last room. I responded amazed and shocked and said "are you serious, really?" i then tried to make it clear to her that she hung up on me and that I would still like to make the reservation at this hotel and that I would appreciate having that last room. She then yelled at me like i was a 2 year old telling me I hung up on her, at which i responded that I wouldnt hang up on her and then call her back to make the same reservation. This customer service was one of the worst I have ever experienced and I would not recommend anyone staying here if you want to be treated the same way. It was over the top rude and unprofessional. I do no know this women's name but if you call to make a reservation and someone answers the phone like they have been receiving extreme torture for the last ten years and have no reason to even fake being polite then i recommend just hanging up the phone and trying another place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Cuenca, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We followed the recommendations from TripAdvisor and contacted Trish at the Caribbe Inn. She was wonderful and confirmed our reservation for just two days in the future. When we arrived, we were warmly welcomed, and had a chance to discuss "one on one" what the better restaurants were in the area. The decor is a little hokey, but charming. It is scrupulously clean and has a very homey feel. We will definitely come back.

Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is just the very best place to stay. Clean, staff is out of the world friendly and helpful. The aquatic decor with fish murals was FUN. Every time I opened my eyes in the morning - big fat smile. Coming home (it felt like home) after fun in the area - again - big fat smile! The beds are so comfortable you have to make yourself get up and get out so be careful! Trish and Darrel are also fun. Fun to talk with and they know all the spots to go. Anywhere they sent me was just what I wanted. They really listened when I talked about what I wanted to experience. It was obvious they weren't just sending me to local extablishments - they suggested places they knew I'd like based on our conversations. Very intuitive. Very hospitable. Professional and down home at the same time. I'll be back next year that's for sure!

Room Tip: They don't have a pool and they don't have their own restaurant. I could not unclick these...