“Caribbe Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbe Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Caribbe Inn
You added Caribbe Inn to your Saves list
309 E. Fort Macon Rd., Atlantic Beach, NC 28512   |
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Québec City - Canada
“Caribbe Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Cute, colorful little place. Very Clean (100.0%). Front desk (owner?) gave us a big welcome. Near everything (restaurant, shops - all in walking distance). Beach access (2 minutes walk).
One negative point : Walls are not very sound-proof; so we could hear the TV in next room. Next room Early-risers woke us up (5h00 am). But, it is better to hear neighbours than seeing bed-bugs or any other crawlies. I certainly do recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Primos Secane, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

my sister and i are regulars at the caribbe inn because of the very friendly and experienced owners, trish and darrel. it is a family oriented, quiet and relaxing place to vacation, take a short trip, a stop along your travels, a business trip,etc. the rooms are very clean, comfortable and fun! and most of all, the prices are so reasonable. we are hooked!!

Room Tip: any room you choose will be very satisfying.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Bardstown Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We arived on business and was delitefuly suprized at how nice and comphy this place was. It was like home. The on site owners were exeptionaly nice. The rooms are very well kept, fun and colorful. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
New Bern, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We picked the Carbbe Inn for a short beach get-away based on what seemed a certain "funk factor" look on the web. Our experience mirrors most of the reviews. Friendly, well-kept smaller motel. If you are looking for a place w/o the huge footprint and a more personal touch, this is the place! Great folks – Great place!

Cary, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I found The Caribbe Inn online when I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay while visiting the NC Aquarium. The bright photos caught my attention and thought it would be a fun place to stay with my 4 year old son. The place was great! The whole family loved the aquatic designed rooms!! Trish was very friendly and helpful! The bed was very comfortable as well. Great location to the beach and not too far from the aquarium. Would recommend to all.

Jonesborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I travel with my pet Lucy (Dog) frequently. I was looking for a PET FRIENDLY beach accommodation for Friday, April 6, 2012. Found this cute place in Atlantic Beach called the Caribbe Inn owned and operated by Trish & Darrel Lawrence. Talking with Trish by phone, she was able to arrange a pet friendly room at the inn. The pictures made the facility very appealing. On arrival Trish was very courteous and helpful for local information. The room was nicely appointed in the island style. The entire property was well kept. The beach access was just across the main street. All in all, it was a very pleasant experience and I would highly recommend to all travelers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Kernersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I found The Caribbe Inn online as I was searching for inexpensive places to stay at Atlantic Beach. The photos of the bright, tropical decor caught my interest. I decided to stay at The Caribbe Inn after reading rave reviews on sites such as this one. I arrived with high expectations, secretly hoping I wasn't going to be disappointed. Well, our experience exceeded our expectations as the reviews proved to be true but left out aspects of the charm that is found at The Caribbe Inn. (Side note: The charm found at The Caribbe Inn is matched by some of the local eating establishments. After booking with The Caribbe Inn you must take in a meal or two at the 4 Corners Diner and the Shark Shack.) I can't possibly name everything about The Caribbe Inn that I love but I can say I HIGHLY recommend it! The staff goes above and beyond to make their guests feel at home and the "over-involvement" others have spoken of on here made me feel safer as a single mom traveling with her son! They strive to keep their place safe for their guests and I appreciate that! The highlight of my son's stay there was the crab trap out back at the dock. He took it upon himself to check it frequently during our stay.

Confession time! After booking with The Caribbe Inn (but before we experienced it), I found another local motel whose location was more convenient for our trip, closer to our relative's place down there. We booked a room at this other place for one night where we would stay after staying at The Caribbe Inn. Well, while the convenience of the other motel was a personal benefit, I quickly found out that the charm of The Caribbe Inn outweighed the convenience of the other motel. Bottom line, we were so disappointed in the new accommodations that we ended up not staying there and instead crashed on the couch of our relative's! I feel that if I had not experienced the welcoming and warmness of The Caribbe Inn, I would have stayed at that other motel no problem. ONCE YOU EXPERIENCE THE BEST, IT'S HARD TO BE SATISFIED WITH THE REST!! It is official, anytime we are in need of a place to stay in Atlantic Beach, we will be staying at The Caribbe Inn. We have found our place at Atlantic Beach.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Caribbe Inn? Share your experiences!