“Great selection of food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Dessert, Seafood, Steakhouse, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Description: A staple in the community since 1981, The Channel Marker Restaurant is the largest restaurant on the island, also offering the largest outside seating in the area. Open daily for lunch, standing by our motto - "Don't take a lunch break. Take a mental break..." Come and enjoy a relaxing lunch right beside the waterNightly drink specials from our bar staff and ever-changing chef features by our Executive Chef!!We offer limitless options for catering, either off or on premises! Our desserts are made in-house by our award-winning Pastry Chef, so make sure to leave room!Looking for a wedding or special event cake? Look no further! We are able to provide "just dessert", with competitive pricing, uncompromised flavors, and the "wow" factor. Contact us for more information!!We're giving you a whole new reason to come to the beach...
Lewisberry, Pennsylvania
“Great selection of food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had She Crab Soup and salads(large) and everything was great including the tangerine cream cake that we split(yumm). Our only complanit was they advertised a Mascoto wine on special but when we ordered it they told us they were out of it since the weekend. Not sure why they still had the sign up then.

Visited September 2012

Faison, North Carolina
“Excellent food, excellent view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This restaurant is right on the water at the foot of the Atlantic Beach bridge. The view is fantastic with outdoor seating. If it is windy or a little cool, you might be more comfortable sitting inside. Their seafood is excellent and very fresh. I tried the Shrimp and Grits, which were different from any I have tried before. The grits were in a fried grit cake. Crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside. Others tried the Grilled Scallops, Mixed Grill and the Stuffed Flounder. Prices ranged from $20.00 to $25.00. It sounds a little high, but they were in line with other good restaurants in the area. The wait staff was very attentive. We eat here every time we visit Atlantic Beach. It is always good and they always make us feel at home.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greenwood, Indiana
“Great seafood, pleasant atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We ate at the Channel Marker and had great dinners. My husband got the shrimp & grits (with a large grit-cake centered in the bowl of shrimp, etc.). I got the grilled mahi-mahi. Both were excellent. Service was good, but not stellar. However, the chef stopped at our table to make sure everything was to our standards.

Visited September 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Just Food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The food was OK, the prices a little high for what you get. I have dined here 3 times and each time the service has been below par...they are always shorthanded, apparently. the wait has always been 30 minutes or more. The view is Great, but without great food and great service there are way too many other really good restaurants to waste time and money here.

Visited June 2012
Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
“Perfect! What Else Can You Ask For?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Between my job and our trips, my wife & I eat out 200 times a year. Ruth's Chris, Fleming's, Angus Barn, etc are some of our favorites. I can honestly say this was the best dinner we have had in ages! Larry did a great job serving and the chef made table visits which we appreciated. The Mermaid Skillet with Shrimp was PHENOMENAL! The Caesar salad was one of the best I've ever had. The deck seating was beautiful and comfortable. I can not imagine a better meal. I didn't find it particularly pricey, as the Skillet was about $20, and we shared it and had PLENTY of food. I expected 10-12 shrimp in the dish and there must have been 25+ and the shrimp was cooked perfectly!!!! I would not have changed one thing about this meal! This will be our new place to eat each time we visit!

• Visited September 2012