“Excellent customer service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Greenville NC, United States
“Excellent customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The staff will bend over backwards to assure you have a great experience. I went for business and carried my spouse. She enjoyed the beach and pool while I worked. All staff members work to address any wants or needs of the guests. The walks on the pier over the ocean were great!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

newport_group, Social Media Specialist at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We're so happy to hear that our staff did everything they could to make your stay everything you imagined! We hope that you and your wife will come back to visit when you can enjoy all of our amenities :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Elliston, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Was not everything that I expected, parking was difficult because they allow others to pay and park for beach access. The room was comfortable but needed some attention; the bottom of the bathroom door was splintered. I expect more from the Double Tree. The towels in the bathroom were not clean. The view was breathtaking but there were no chairs on the balcony so we had to take the inside chairs out in order to enjoy the ocean front view. The attendants at the pool area and on the beach were very nice and accommodating. The bar and restaurant beside the pool were very nice.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you thought about our hotel. We appreciate you informing us of the issues that you noticed and we assure you that they will all be handled accordingly. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you'll give us another shot the next time you're in town.
Evans, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We planned a last minute trip to the beach and decided to go farther north than we normally do just for something different. We stayed at the newly opened Doubletree by Hilton in Atlantic Beach. Wow! The lobby was beautifully remodeled. We arrived after midnight and we were still greeted by a friendly face that quickly got us checked in and to our rooms. The rooms were huge. We were on the 7th floor in a room on the side of the hotel and still had a beautiful ocean view.

The first day we went to the beach and it was such easy access. There were umbrellas and chairs already out on the beach for guests. The hotel had a beach front restaurant and a restaurant inside so we decided to try Molly’s which was the small beachfront restaurant and bar. We were very impressed with Molly’s. For being a small restaurant on the beach, the food was amazing with reasonable prices. Everyone ordered something different and everyone loved their lunch. We used the outdoor pool and the indoor pool during our 4 day stay. The kids loved the indoor pool at night with the different colored moving lights. Both pool areas always had pool towels available.

We love to walk on the beach at night and this hotel has a pier to walk on also which was nice. Standing on the end of the pier just listening to the waves was very relaxing. My husband and I also visited the bar inside the hotel late one evening. The bartender was very friendly and offered drink choices we had not heard from. It was nice to sit and have a drink and relax with the hubby.

I would definitely stay at this hotel when coming to the beach again. It was centrally located to everything. We visited the NC Aquarium, Fort Macon, went shopping, and tried several different restaurants and we did not drive more than 10 minutes.

Can’t wait to head back to the beach!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We're glad that our hotel and staff were able to make your last minute trip everything you had hoped! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Knightdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Staff were very friendly and kind. The rooms were small, you can tell its an older hotel with upgrades. has a funny old smell in the rooms. Bathrooms were not very clean. Oceanview means you can hear it and glance at it from your tiny balcony. I had a view of a black roof top, parking lot and HVAC unit. The cost was way too much for this motel, I mean hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We’re sorry we didn't provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel, and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

When I heard they remodeled the Sheraton and it was now a Double Tree by Hilton, I was excited. I have stayed at many Hilton properties and I have to say this is my first disappointment. The staff seemed over worked and ill prepared for so many rooms being ready so late in the day.
After a 4 hour wait with a 9 month old child, I was not ready for what I saw when I finally got to my room. Getting to our room after getting keys took 5 trips from the car since no luggage carts were ever available. We wait an additional 20 minutes and then began hauling luggage up.
Once in the room I was shocked at the coffee maker sitting on a dorm refrigerator in the floor. If anything, they were a trip hazard. The room overall was not clean and I never let my grandson play on the floor. The beds looked as if they had never been vacuumed under. There was a 12 foot long crack in the ceiling, the carpet was coming up at the window and the furnishings look like they came from K-Mart.
The air conditioner sounded like a jet landing as it cycled on and off constantly.
I decided to stay soley for my grandson and his first trip to the beach.
I will never stay at this hotel again, not will I recommend it to anyone.
It looked as if the Hilton bought a bankrupt property and really put no effort into how it reflected on them, only that they could get $300 a night for a crappy room, at best!
More disappointing is the fact that they was a great Hampton Inn just up the road and I passed it up for this.
I must say this is the first bad review I've ever written and by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had at Atlantic Beach.

• Stayed July 2013
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
First we want to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton. We thank you for bringing the issues that you noticed to our attention and we assure you that your comments and concerns will be used to better our hotel in a positive way. We strive to keep our guests happy and we are incredibly apologetic that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay. We do hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in town and again thank you for staying with us.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Paid 279.00 each night for a room that had water leaks each day of our stay. Toilet tank had new insides but was not installed correctly and overflowed.The
second day the room above us bath tub cracked and flooded everything with staff saying they could not move us......Really now!!!! At least discount the stay or offer a night or two in the off season. A breakfast, dinner or something to compensate. I travel a lot and have been to a lot of Hiltons but this was a joke. Hilton bought Sheraton and it shouldn't matter what you paid at auction. Hilton should up hold their reputation to a higher standard than what was demonstrated to us this weekend. Need to work on your PR. This hotel was opened prematurely under the Hilton name and we were very disappointed to say the least.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know your thoughts about our hotel. We're incredibly disappointed to hear about your troubles during your recent stay with us. We assure you that this is not normally how things are handled at our hotel and we sincerely appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention.
Eastern North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

As the title implies, my stay was perfectly adequate, but nothing special. I have nothing terrible to say, but there were several little things that individually would have been annoyances, and all jumbled together, dropped a couple of stars from what could have been a perfect stay. Great stuff first: Location! This hotel is right on the beach and in the heart of Atlantic Beach, NC. Near restaurants, a quick drive over the bridge to Morehead City or Beaufort. The beach setup is perfect...easy walk around the pool, nice boardwalk/steps to beach, and no miles of hot sand to trek across to the water. Pier is wonderful. It's a little shorter than most, but I don't like most piers because they feel rickety and a little scary. This one was recently redone thanks to the same Hurricane that forced the remodel of the hotel, and they did a fantastic job on the pier, benches, etc. Loved sitting out at night. I've read lots of negative comments about the check-in, but I must have been lucky because it couldn't have gone any better. Whole process in under 5-10 minutes, staff member very friendly and welcoming. Answered a couple of general questions, gave us most pertinent information, and sent us up with a smile and a warm cookie. Lobby looks great; fresh and clean. Had a great ocean-view room on an upper floor that gave sweeping views of the coastline. Room was a typical hotel room...very comfy beds and pillows, clean, great air conditioning. Good shower, amazing towels! Ok, now for the not-so-great stuff: The locks on the doors didn't work. There were signs on both the balcony sliders and the main door that advised us to use all of the available lock features for our safety. Great in theory, but only parts worked! The key reader lock and the modern version of the chain locks worked on the main door, but not the turn dead-bolt. On the sliders, the added hook and latch worked, but not the built-in door lock. The fridge was tiny, but doable...if the door stayed closed. We had to prop something in front of it to keep it closed. And because it was so short, a table would have been nice so you didn't have to bend over quite so much. The room was huge...so big that the beds were very far apart, and the nightstand so far from either bed that you couldn't reach it. Couldn't even turn the lamp on/off without getting up. Coffee maker in the room was nice, but very stingy with the supplies...especially since there is no complimentary coffee station anywhere in the hotel. I thought that was standard in every hotel these days, even budget ones....which this is NOT. Another thing I thought was almost a given at most hotels was a complimentary breakfast. Not here...and $13 for breakfast when you're paying over $200 for a room is unacceptable. We hit the grocery store and skipped the hotel restaurant after the first morning. Beautiful grounds, but it smelled like they never emptied the trash on the property the whole week. Hold your breath walking by the outdoor trashcans. And better air circulation would have helped inside. The lobby has been redone beautifully and there is no sign of the storm damage that forced the remodel. But the damage did happen, plus it's a humid Southern coastal town so mildew is a given. Never saw any, but the stuffiness in the halls and elevators meant nothing smelled as fresh as it looked. Not unbearable at all, but having some air circulation would have helped a bunch.

Overall, I'd probably stay here again at the discounted government rate. The location and beach alone outweigh the little annoyances. But I would never pay the full price to stay here because nothing justifies the 5-star price tag when you're only getting 3-star amenities. Doubletree is supposed to be the upscale, more expensive big sister of my beloved Hampton Inns, but this particular property simply doesn't measure up.

Room Tip: Ocean-view is cheaper than ocean-front, and if you can get one on an upper floor and towards the bea...