The wife and I stayed here for a week in July. We traded in our DRI timeshare to stay here. After a 10 hour drive from Pa. we arrived around 2:45 pm. Check in was less then 5 minutes and the girl at the front desk was very friendly but our unit was not ready and check in was not suppose to be until 4:00. So we walked around the resort to check the layout. Their are 2 good sized outdoor pools along with a large indoor pool. Their were basketball courts, tennis courts, shuffle courts, miniature golf. Their was also a recreation center where you went to rent beach chairs and umbrellas along with getting the equipment for the various activities and sports games. We also noticed an arcade and ping pong table at one of the buildings. It also seems like their were coin op laundry facilities at most of the buildings. The grounds are well kept and clean with a lot of barbecue grills through out. After about an hour we got our room key and proceeded to our room which was in building 26 right next to the indoor pool. We were on the third floor which was no problem since their was an elevator. We had a one bedroom unit which was very spacious and very clean. You could definitely fit a family of four with no problem but since it comes with one bathroom 4 adults could be an issue .It also looked like it had been recently updated with new rugs, paint , etc.. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything you need for preparing all your meals. So if you want to save some money and eat in for all your meals you will have no problem,their is a real nice Food Lion supermarket less then 5 minutes away so stocking up on food is no problem. If you would rather eat out their are plenty of restaurants and pizza places close by.The furniture that comes with the unit is pretty basic nothing elaborate and their is plenty of drawer and closet space in the master br. We did have noisy neighbors but wasn't sure if this was because of thin walls or the fact that they were just plain old noisy. They were quiet between 10pm and 9am so this didn't bother me too much. I did get a chance to use the whirl pool tub during the week and it worked just fine. The ac in our unit worked real well along with the tv's and other gadgets. We got to try out the beach the next day, it was a walk of about 5 to 10 minutes with our building being the farthest point away from the beach entrance. The beach is nice, very sandy and not very crowded but I recommend you bring your own beach chairs and umbrellas if you can since getting these things from the resort can be a problem. We also used the indoor pool a few times which was nice and clean and not crowded The resort and our unit was very nice, the staff except for housekeeping very friendly. The people at the recreation center were very helpful with helping you find things to do in the area.But nothing is perfect and this resort did have some issues that bothered me.
1) The resort has a real nice policy where you can rent a large umbrella and two loungers for the beach that cost 15 dollars for the day and they will set it up and take it down for you. The only problem is for a resort that holds 270 guests when full which it is in summer only has 25 umbrellas. They rent 15 of them ahead of time so if you want one of these you need to put in your request when you check in for the week or forget about it we had to put in a request on Sunday to get one for Friday. The other option is with the other 10 it is first come first serve but their are people lined up at the recreation center to get these before they even open at 8:00 am. 270 guests 25 umbrellas are you kidding me.
2)WIFI in our unit pretty much non existent
3)As in most timeshare units you will not get housekeeping services everyday like a hotel. This is the way just about all timeshares operate so I'm fine with this since timeshare units have more room then hotel rooms and I like staying in them and its just the way they operate and your not gonna change it. But most timeshares have what is called trash and towel Wednesday where they come to your unit replace the towels empty the trash restock toiletries and give a decent cleaning and for the ones who don't do that you can at least call them up for towels and toiletries and a housekeeper will bring them up for you. Not here. If you need towels and toiletries on Monday,Wednesday or Friday you need to take the dirty towels to the housekeeping building and exchange them. On Tuesday and Thursday call before 11 make your request, leave them out front of your door and they will drop them off in front of your door between 11:00 and 1:00. Seriously.
4) Usually when you checkout of your timeshare or hotel on the last day you just pack your bags and just leave. Not here. Check out procedure is as follows. Clean all dishes and utensils then put back in cabinets,clean out refrigerator, take all dirty towels and put in laundry bag, remove all bed linen from bed and pillows, and take out the trash. I have stayed in plenty of timeshare units and never had to do all this.
Its a shame but if they could fix these problems I listed this could be a really nice resort instead of a little above average. I tried giving it 3 1/2 but it wouldn't let me and I wasn't gonna give it a 4 or 5 even though it has potential do be a 5.
Except for the listed issues it is a nice resort right on the beach, nice people, spacious rooms, and things to do. The surrounding area of Atlantic Beach is real nice with very friendly people, plenty of places to eat not too touristy. I saw signs for fish charters and jet ski rentals in the area. If you get a chance go to Fort Macon and then another day take Calico Jacks Ferry out to Cape Lookout to see the lighthouse and horses on Shackleford Island.
- Also Known As:
- Peppertree Atlantic Beach, a Festiva Hotel
- Peppertree Atlantic Beach, a Festiva Hotel Atlantic Beach
- Atlantic Beach Hotel
- Atlantic Beach Villas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantic Beach is the oldest of five resort towns along the Bogue Banks of North Carolina's coast. Known as the Crystal Coast, it's the kind of place that remains in your memory throughout the year as a peaceful vacation oasis. Walk down the boardwalk from your villa to the white, sandy beach where you can rent a chair and umbrella for the day. Once you've soaked in the sun and splashed in the sea, wash the salt and sand away and head into the surrounding communities for delightfully fresh local seafood. Whether you like to swim, bask in the sun, sail or fish, Atlantic Beach is the perfect spot for a family trip, a romantic escape, or a beach bum's ideal vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Peppertree Atlantic Beach, a Festiva Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.