“Great for a winter getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peppertree Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Peppertree Resort
Save Saved
You added Peppertree Resort to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   715 Salter Path Rd, Atlantic Beach, NC 28512   |
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Great for a winter getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have to admit that during the summer I will not pay the prices that Peppertree charge for peak season however in the winter this is a great place to gather a family or group of friends together. The condos are clean, the staff helpful even when it seems everybody shows up at the same time. During off season it is quiet and you are close to the beach (believe they have ocean front, however I have not stayed in one of these) . The area is nice to explore when the crowds have left the area. From Fort Macon the quaint Beaufort (the little historic area) it is always a nice place to relax and explore a little. For me all restaurants I enjoy are over in Beaufort so when I want to lock up the car and not touch my keys this place is great with a kitchen so we can snack or cook, and when I bring my Daughter and Granddaughters and want some peace and quiet I can go to the beach, the indoor pool, or into my room. I love having separate rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Kingston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We exchanged through II for this unit and there wasn't much else to choose from so we took this. Just returned yesterday so I will give the pros and cons in my opinion. Have been to 4 and 5 star units in Cancun, Orlando and Dominican Republic so I have experience with timeshares and resorts. I checked in around supper time on a saturday and left early saturday morning.

Pros....room was clean, nice outdoor pools, beach was great, grounds were nice, rooms were pretty quiet, towels were good too!. Unit had been updated in the last few years, newer appliances that all worked and the furniture was in good shape and not beat up. AC was quiet and worked well.

Cons.....Twin beds in second bedroom! I have never had a twin bed in anything but a third bedroom. Very uncomfortable for adults. Wifi is almost non existant. We could connect for a few minutes at a time at best.Hard to find check in office, very small office hidden away nicely! We had a room as far from the beach as possible, overlooking the indoor/outdoor pool. If you can't walk well, this would be a problem because the beach is far away. Most people drove to the closest spot near beach access and unloaded there. No room safe. No security to speak of. Someone was in the security booth at the gate for the day on tuesday and wednesday which seemed to be the "selling" days, never anyone around at night as far as we could tell. Garbage and recycling had to be emptied by us. Garbage dumpster was in parking lot and not that big of a deal, however recycling was somewhere else and not easily found so we didn't recycle which bothered me. Should be recycling at the entrance to every complex. Never had to dump our own garbage, usually just leave bag outside door and staff would pick it up but the lack of staff is probably why this isn't done. Staff is very hard to find if you need them. Have to strip beds and pile towels / linens in room before leaving. Also, dishes had to be washed and put away before leaving. We left the dishes washing when we left. Previous tenant put frying pan away dirty so I washed everything we used before using it. How much time does this save the staff? 5 minutes per room? This is why it is a 3 star.

To sum up, it is a nice clean place near the beach and has nice pools and the units seem up to date. You have to take out garbage and recycling and strip beds, etc so it is like being at home in this way. No security and staff is scarce. If you are 2 couples, one of them gets 2 twin beds or a sleeper sofa. McDonalds down the road has wifi if you need it. This is a nice 3 star resort, nothing more, nothing less.

Room Tip: Rooms near indoor pool have no wifi and are far from beach
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had a blast at Peppertree this year. We had fun at the beach and in the pools, and the rooms are very comfortable to relax in after a day on the beach. The staff at Pepprtree are very good about making your stay fun by offing local groups to explain there services like para sailing, fishing, evening cruses and boating. We were very satisfied with Jess who took us out to see the wild mustangs and to find sea shells on local barrier islands.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a two bedroom unit, which was very clean upon arrival. Very comfortable atmosphere, not too noisy, close walk to the beach & access to multiple pools at the resort. Also access to a trail for biking or running. A great place to take the family or friends, I'd return again!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Conway, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Had a 2 bedroom unit, the unit was clean and large. Not being an owner our unit was next to the indoor pool and one of the units farthest from the beach. The resort has a private beach which everyone has to cross a road to get to it, but the beach is great. The unit I stayed in didn't have a safe in a room like most other resorts do or a washer and dryer but was aware of the washer and dryer before I made my reservation. Was just the wife and I so I can not say any thing about children activities but they did have activities daily. If I go back to Atlantic Beach again I would stay here again.

Room Tip: stay on the 3rd floor facing east on the east side this way you will have a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairborn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom unit for a week. We arrived after dark and had to call to find the check in desk so the signage could be improved. (It is in the first building on the right after passing the guard shack.) Our unit was clean and the king bed was comfortable. The kitchen had everything needed to prepare and eat a meal. The unit was pretty small but that made everything handy. It was not the quietest place as we could hear people going up/down the stairs, closing doors and talking coming from other units, so we turned the TV up a bit. The entire complex has about 30 units but it isn't directly on the beach. One has to cross a public road to reach the walkway to the beach. We didn't spend any time on the beach as the temps were too cool. But the beach did look very good. There is grocery and gift shopping area with several restaurants a couple of blocks away. The unit had two microwaves but only because the built in one didn't work. All of the pipes in the shower unit were loose, not attached, and wiggled. All of the metal was showing corrosion and the water flow was so low that none of the shower head modes would work. We would stay here again and hope the pipes don't break.

Room Tip: Higher floors should be quieter (there are elevators); ask to be closer to the beach and/or a beach...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Somerset, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is my 4th time staying here for Spring Break. It is a quiet resort with soemthing for everyone even when the weather is not the greatest! The Condo was perefct and nicely decorated with all the necessary things you could want in a kitchen. It's location is close to Food Lion and many places to eat as well as a movie theater.
The staff is friendly and it feels like a home away from home.
I would mostly likely return here as often as I could.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Peppertree Resort? Share your experiences!