“Wonderful Place!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hollowell's Motel

Hollowell's Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Hollowell's Motel
Save Saved
You added Hollowell's Motel to your Saves list
108 East Fort Macon Road, Atlantic Beach, NC 28512   |
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Marion
“Wonderful Place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just returned from our five night stay at Hollowell's Motel and it was a great stay. I was so amazed at how clean and neat they kept the room, if you needed anything at all they were right on it and didnt take there time to get around to it. The price and location was great and we couldn't have asked for better. The only down fall was that our room was small but I was told that going in to it but thats my fault because I waited until the last minute to get a room on the week of the 4th and it was the only room left. We didn't spend much time in the room except to sleep so that wasn't a problem. The pool was great, rooms were very clean and well kept up,great location, very friendly staff, and we will for sure stay there again. Thank you so much everyone at Hollowell's!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Spent another week at Atlantic Beach like we do every year, but this week was more special. My husband and I got married while down there and again Hollowell's made it even better. Mike makes you feel like family. The rooms are always clean, comfortable and close to everything you would want to see. This hotel has a pool which is a plus for me, so even if I don't want to sit at the beach I can still catch the sun by the water. I have never seen anyone that works there without a smile on their face. They are all very friendly and make coming to the beach even more relaxing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fries, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

we just returned from a week stay at hollowells motel. I wish other hotels were half as good as this one. very clean rooms, very nice people.absolutley no complaints. thanks mike for a nice family motel.

• Stayed June 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at the Hollowell in August and I'm just getting around to writing this review, sorry about that. We checked in late coming from a wedding and I called Mike ahead of time and it was totally cool. He told me where to park (assigned spaces) and just left the key in our room. I found him at my leisure the next day to pay-he didn't try to hunt us down. The motel is dated, it's obvious when you pull in, but to me that adds to the charm! It's a throwback. You don't see rooms this clean at these prices this close to the beach. It only took us minutes to walk from the motel and we were in the waves. Rooms have everything you need and nothing you don't. The staff here is great and we'll visit again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Colonial Heights, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed here last night with my family. We had 2 double beds, the room to our suprise came with a small kitchenette. The air was cool and the room was probably cleaner the rooms that I have paid lots more for at a beach. Not even a grain of sand could be found. There were plenty of places to eat and shop at a walking distance within a block or 2. The beach is about 2 blocks away. The staff was very friendly and the motel very quiet. The price was 79. plus tax very reasonable. On the downside the room is very dated but we were not there to sit in the room. We went with a purpose to enjoy the beach and a nice dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. I would stay here again. If you are looking for clean great vaule and close to the beach this is for you. If you are looking for the Ritz pay up and move on.. BUT this place is probably cleaner.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wake Forest, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My daughter, wife and I just needed a night out of town, and they had room.

We checked in to the hotel around 1:00 and our room was ready. The room is very plain, but clean. My wife works for a hotel so she always checks for signs of bed bugs, and I am happy to say, she didnt see any signs.

The pool was very clean, its about a 2 block walk to the beach, and there are plenty of places to eat and shop within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

A genuine charming motel with great rates, five minutes from the beach watched by diligent lifeguards. The rooms are spacious and clean. The kitchenette was ideal for serving our five-member family breakfast. Chairs outside to enjoy the afternoon breeze and the beautiful sunset - we lived in the building by the street. A diner next door and two fantastic restaurants in walking distance up the street towards the bridge. Both seafood and meat was delicious at a decent price enjoyed by the seaside. A charming local beauty parlor across the street which accepts reservations after closing hours. Food Lion and a great coffee shop a short drive away. The heat wave caused us to drive to other small communities to enjoy lunch at different great local diners. Service was great and able to accommodate a room for my homecoming son from Afghanistan on short notice. If in the area again, we would gladly return. Thanx to all of you running this charming piece of America for making our stay memorable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hollowell's Motel? Share your experiences!