“Ok if you get the right room.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach

Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
We can't find prices for this hotel
Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
You added Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach to your Saves list
602 W Fort Macon Road, Atlantic Beach, NC 28512 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
“Ok if you get the right room.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

We checked in for two nights. The first night we were in room135 on the street side. I was so excited about this hotel after seeing pictures online. Well room 135 is not anything like the photos online to.say the least. That night we went to the front and asked for a better room. We were told after complaini.g about the difference in photos and the room that it really is "false advertising". He was very nice though and spent a lot of time giving me a list of the best rooms. He told me to check back in the morni.g to see if anything opened up which we did. We were moved to room 128 which is the largest room. It was wonderful.and we enjoyed the rest of the stay. The staff is very nice and the dock area and pool were also nice. It was worth the money. I would caution though that all of the rooms are very different and some are much better than others.

• Stayed May 2011

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Kittrell, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Stayed on week after 4th of July. Small pool but we had it to ourselves, most guest were going out on boats and not hanging around the hotel. Short block to beach, shopping and just up the road from Fort Macon. Excellent service, nice room and price was great. Pier out back was great and kids enjoyed fishing.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

We stumbled across this hotel whilst searching for a room in Atlantic beach. Thinking it might be out our price range, we were pleasantly surprised by it's very reasonably nightly rates and duly checked in. We had room 224 and it was fantastic! Clean, comfy, huge bed, lovely view and very personal homely decorations. We loved it so much we stayed an extra night. Would thoroughly recommend

• Stayed October 2010
matthews, nc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

We wanted to take 5 days off to go to the beach. Most hotels, condos require a 7 night stay and over $200.00 a night for a beach front room. Palm Suites could be rented for less time. It's website site stated that it was on the sound side, had a swimming pool, was decorated in Caribeaan colors and each unit was individually owned. The rate was $99.00 for week nights & $149.00 for weekend nights which sounded right for a soundside room in the middle of summer. I called Palm Suites the night before to ask if sheets & towels were provided, as some individual condo units at beach do not. I spoke to "Mike" who answered me very sarcastically that they were provided. That should have been my 1st clue to not stay there. We arrived and "Mike" was at the check in desk. I introduced myself and stated that I had spoke to him the night before. He looked at me blankly & stated that he speaks to thousands of people every year. I had requested a King room on the 2nd floor. As with most people, we take some groceries and beach items in addition to clothes & personal items to the beach. After we paid him in full, we found out that there was no elevator. The stair case had wooden non fireproof doors on both levels (2 story building). The stairs were ceramic tile covered and were very slippery by midday when quests were going from the pool back to their rooms. The room was small. We have had cruise ship cabins that were larger. It was brightly colored. The bathroom had a large sink area and tub/shower combo. the living/ bed area was compact and there was a small cabinet area with a sink, small dorm size refridgerator and microwave oven. The cabinets over the sink were hung for people 6 ft tall and had glasses, plates, bowls, etc. Ours had bowls that were left obviously dirty from the previous quests. It was disgusting. There was a small flat screen tv that hung on the wall half way between the couch & bed, which meant that you really couldn't see it from either area very well. The cable had poor reception. The bed was two steps down from the sofa area. The closet was an opening that was covered by a sheet held up by a curtain spring rod that kept falling down. The balcony had space for two plastic chairs and room to turn around once. On the last day, we didn't get room service. We did have the "Do not disturb" sign up until 10:00AM. It really didn't matter to us other than our trash was overflowing and we needed clean towels. I went to the front desk to exchange towels and ask if housekeeping had already left for the day around 2:00PM. I wasn't rude or angry. As I was given the towels, I was told by a young man at the registration desk that it was my "fault" that the room didn't get serviced by housekeeping that day. He was obviously "well trained by Mike". Next time, I'll pay $200.00 a night for a beach front room for 3 nights, rather than paying over $600.00 for 5 nights in a place like this. A lession learned. The beach was lovely.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Rockingham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

This hotel is individually owned, and each room is very different. I was quite scrared after reading the reviews. I looked at the hotel website and the rooms looked great, but then the reviews were terrible. I was happy to see when I arrived that I was staying in on of the rooms that looked exactly like the website pictures. You must request this! 136 is a great room! But I did see a few while the maids were cleaning that were not nearly decorated as nice. The location is good and the inlet that it sits on is very nice! You can walk on the boat dock. I would stay again! And as far as the cleanliness. Well it isn't the Ritz Carlton, but I found nothing that made me think yuck..... It was well kept.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Cary, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

I stayed here in September with friends on a fishing trip - and this place is a steal at the price we got. Clean big rooms - Staff was friendly, and only a few blocks from the docks

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2007

Nice little hotel/motel with semi suite type rooms the faces the Bogue Sound side.

This hotel has nice views of the sound from the back and docks. Also onsite is a small marina, and this hotel would be ideal for those looking to do some fishing by boat during their stay as there is both parking and water access on site.

That said the rooms are pretty basic and the bedding could be better. Overall its a decent place to stay, felt safe and quiet.

• Liked — I liked te marina area, views of the sound and the small pool was ok.
  • Disliked — Bedding is very basic and the room could have been cleaner.
  • Stayed August 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach? Share your experiences!