“great for breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

100 East Fort Macon Road, Atlantic Beach, NC
(252) 240-8855
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
virginia
“great for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Only went for breakfast-great service--friendly servers. Food was delicious and affordable!! If You want fancy,don't go but for good food check it out!!!!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“A nice little diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Looking for great ambiance, modern surroundings and fancy food? This place isn't it. Looking for good food, fast service and really good prices? This is the place in Atlantic Beach and most any other place for that matter. We had a great breakfast that I swear was at our table in less than 5 minutes after we placed our order and almost every table in the restaurant was taken. Not sure if it is because it was off season or their normal hours but they are only open for breakfast and lunch most days and serve dinner on Friday's and Saturday's. Lunch and dinner menu's looked good and the prices were reasonable too.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Excellent Appearances....Nasty Discovery”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at the Motel (Hollowell's) next door to this diner, so thought it would be fun to have a "diner breakfast" before hitting the beach. It was so crowded, it seemed like everyone else on the beach thought so too.
At first, everything was going smoothly...I was getting excited about my Cherry Belgian Waffles (which were delicious.) However, the waitress was very....odd. When I asked for a hot chocolate, her reply was an incredulous, "Okaaaaaayyy...." As if I had just ordered a whiskey on the rocks at 9am for my pregnant self.
But that could be overlooked. The food came, the food was delicious, we were enjoying everything...until a small cockroach crawled on top of my mother's plate. No, I'm not kidding.
She tried in vain to kill it but it got away, and finally ended up right next to me on the opposite side of the table. We immediately stood up, caused a ruckus, and the seeming owner came over and squashed the bug, apologizing and informing us that "they had sprayed last night under the building."
Okay. I can understand a bug problem. I understand they were trying to fix it by having it sprayed. What I DON'T understand is why we received not even a discount on our bill. Nothing. Nada.
Speaking of "nada" - don't be surprised when you see menu items and signs everywhere misspelled. The owners are not American, which is not a problem of course, but I wonder if that may have played into why we did not receive a free meal when a COCKROACH interrupted our breakfast?!!!??
As one who lives in a rural setting and is familiar with all things bugs, it was horribly disgusting experience that could have been forgiven if proper measures had been taken with discounting the bill.
Oh, and as an afterthought - the strange waitress became MUCH more friendly after the roach experience. In fact, too friendly. In the words of my aunt, "I was afraid she was gonna kiss me!"
One word for this deceptively cute restaurant - Ew.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Icky food. Nice staff. Outdated facility.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Ok ick. Nothing worse than slimy turkey on a club sandwich. Too much blueberry sauce on waffle not to mention its a "Belgian" waffle not a "Belgium" waffle as the menu suggests. Oy. Server was nice but boy that food was ick.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“We eat here every morning when we visit AB!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Haven't found a better place for breakfast food around here...been visiting here for a couple of decades and I swear, the wait staff has NOT changed! The waitresses here have been here forever and are great and attentive, always. The food is delicious, fast and reasonably priced. We really enjoy coming here and seem to always meet new people when we visit...friendly place.

• Visited August 2013