“Nice outdoor seating but...” 3 of 5 stars

252-808-3663
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
“Nice outdoor seating but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

While my friends & I didn't have an awful experience, I was not impressed with McCurdy's. Good service, not very exciting menu items & my friends' salads were served with old wilted spinach. The salads were quickly replaced & we received a free dessert, hence why I was impressed by their service. Good place for a family, beautiful view of the sound if you're able to eat outside.

Visited June 2013

Monticello, Kentucky
“Waited 1hour 20 minutes to get nothing but drink and hushpuppies.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Don't know if food is good or bad because after 1 hour 20 minutes of waiting with nothing but hushpuppies and drink, my family and I left.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Horrible place to eat!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We are a family of 5 and we wanted to go somewhere nice one night while on vacation to eat, we have never ate at MCCurdys so we thought we would try it. We shouldn't had!! Our three sons ages 9,8,&5 wanted to sit outside but it was too crowded so we told the hostess we would wait, but she recommended us to just sit inside instead of waiting, then it took 10 minutes to get our drinks, 10 to order our food, the waitress didnt come back to our table altogether but 3 times to check our drinks and on us!! The adult menus didnt have the prices on them, my husband got crumbs instead of fries, my husband took our smaller son to the potty and saw two waitresses hiding around the corner talking instead of waiting on their tables, and last of all the food is not worth the price you pay at all!! Will NOT ever go back to MCCurdys at Atlantic Beach again!! It's a rip off!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
dak177, Owner at McCurdy's Restaurant & Deck on Moonlight Bay, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
August 26, 2013
We would like to first thank-you for visiting our restaurant and thank-you for your business. We are in the hospitality industry and our main goal is to make people happy and feel welcome. We also are in a tourist area and our job is to make a vacation exactly what a vacation is meant for, relaxation and fun. Unfortunately, sometimes we make mistakes during the very hectic tourist season and we apologize.

As a small, independent restaurant we feel strongly about customer service. Without our guests we have no business and we are well aware of this fact. I am responding to your constructive criticism because I truly care that you had a bad experience at our restaurant. If you are ever in the area visiting, we hope you make a trip and try us again to show you we care. We would like to offer you a gift certificate to make up for our mistake if you make it to our area one day.
Pine Knoll Shores, North Carolina
“Nice view......food....not so much!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We went to McCurdy's last evening....sat on the deck and had a really nice view over the canal.....after that, not much to report. Order took what seemed to take forever and both meals were hardly worth mentioning. Would have expected much more based on the cost and wait. Very pricey and well......average. We've had this experience each time we've gone....we're locals and I guess the best bet is to stick to a drink and sunsets and skip the meal. Sorry.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
amk61482, Owner at McCurdy's Restaurant & Deck on Moonlight Bay, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
I wanted to first apologize for your disappointing visit to our restaurant. I would like to offer you a $25 gift certificate to make up for your last visit. Let me know if you are interested and I will mail out a certificate to your residence.

Dan Kolenick

Owner
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Wonderful service and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I went here for dinner and live music on Wednesday. We had great food (shrimp and grits and the grilled mahi) and wonderful servers, we loved the outdoor seating on the dock! Just right for the beach!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere