“Summer get away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seahawk Inn & Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seahawk Inn & Villas
You added Seahawk Inn & Villas to your Saves list
105 Salter Path Road, P.O. Box 177, Atlantic Beach, NC 28512   |
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Hampton, Virginia, United States
“Summer get away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed in August for three nights and were pleasantly surprised with the hotel. though old it was clean. the view was fabulous and the swings, hammocks, and chairs that ere available aswell as the table and chairs on the little patio off the room was great to sit and enjoy the wind, sun, and sound of the ocean! Our dog, Max, really enjoyed his stay but it did get a little noisy at times with the dogs barking at each other.
I would definitely stay again if we ever go back with our dog.

Room Tip: Definitely if you have a pet, get a lower room so you don't have to go up and down the stairs to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I booked my room 3 weeks in advance. When I checked in and got my room keys I immediately went dor a walk on the beach with my pup. Upon return from the beach I went to my room to find that it was NOT what i reserved 3 weeks before. I talked to the lady at the front desk who told me all other rooms were full and there was nothing I could do. I asked for a discount, but she saidnher hands were tied. I politely told her this isnt what I paid for, that I wanted my money back and I was going somewhere else. I was STILL charged for that night even though they charged me for a room I didnt book or stay in. I will never have anything to do with these bank robbers evernagain!!

• Stayed August 2013
kjweirick, General Manager at Seahawk Inn & Villas, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
The experience that you had is concerning, as we accomodate our guests to the best of our abilities. The oceanfront designated pet friendly rooms are clean, first floor and great access to the beach. I apologize that we had not met your expectations, as we have new and contiuous repeat guests and their furry friends. A fun, family oriented, relaxing property, we are, built in 1963 and celebrating 50 years of service this year to our guests...bad impressions is not what we exceed in...sorry for your experience!
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Love the old style friendly feel of the Seahawk and there couldn't be a better location. A great view of the ocean, dunes and sea oats and a short walk to the beach since every room is oceanfront. Nice to have a small refrigerator and coffeemaker in the room and some shelves above the refridge for those extra snacks! The rooms are more spacious than typical with a small eating area and a terrace from which we could see and hear the ocean in all its many moods and feel the constant breeze. We especially enjoyed watching the gulls in the early morning playing and swooping in the air currents just outside our second floor window. Very relaxing--a wonderful place to play in the sand and sea, and walk for miles picking up shells and beach stones under a big sky. Love the umbrellas and beach chairs and hammocks set up on the lawn for the use of guests. Somehow, the experience being there felt both personal and yet very private as if the beach was there just for us!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Asheboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My family loves this motel, we have stayed here 4 times and have loved each time. The Manager Kim is super friendly and does her very best to accommodate you. It's an older property with a very retro feel but very clean and super close to the beach. We always stay in the East Villa which will sleep about 14 people. I has a great view, a great deck and patio. The house is clean and well maintained. We love having the house to our selves but also being able to use the pool and the gas grills that are in the pool area. It's a very laid back place very family and pet oriented. When we talk to other guest they usually say that they have been coming there for years. It has everything, just steps to the beach, a nice pool, big grassy area for games or to walk pets, gas grills, hammocks and porch type swings. We have never stayed in the actual hotel rooms as we always have a big group, but I've seen them and they are very clean and we would definitely rent one if it were just me, my husband and my son.
Again, a great place to stay, great location and great staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Prineceton, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

A wonderful oceanfront property! Our 8 year old daughter loves the hammocks and the pool! The view is always great and they even offer rooms that are pet friendly, we just love this place! The beach is just a few short steps away and the dolphins are usually out in the early morning hours, all you have to do is step out of your room! The Seahawk is at the perfect location with a pier nearby, the kids will love it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kittrell, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed here several times and love it. Very small family owned motel with every room oceanfront! Being dog friendly makes it even better because we don't always want to leave our little boy at home, he enjoys the beach too! Nice pool, outside seating and grills! Wifi is included too! We always enjoy our stay there.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
kjweirick, General Manager at Seahawk Inn & Villas, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We have designated pet freindly rooms located on the first floor, for the convenience of the furry friends and their owners. All rooms are oceanfront with a wide beachfront view! Thanks for the comments and hope to see you soon!
Cherry Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were there May 30th this year for our sons wedding, We talked to Kim about a nice quiet room. I E-mailed Kim about other questions I had, She too answered them right away. Our room could not be better,Breath taking view's from the room of the beach. We walked out of our room and onto the beach for a romantic walk together. Then sat on the shore in the chairs and umbrellas they have set up for their guest. We needed some items, went to the front desk, talked to the staff member, They took care of it "RIGHT AWAY".
To Kim & the staff: you all made our stay one of the best we have ever had. Friendly,helpful
Would stay there again in a heart beat.
Bernard & Sue Shelton
Cherry Valley, CA

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments, as "Special"times are so important and your memories last a lifetime. We are grateful that the Seahawk staff accomodated you and your family and exceeded you expectations.We hope to see you soon when you are visiting Atlantic Beach!

Been to Seahawk Inn & Villas? Share your experiences!